Black Relationships : are we heading for exstintion???????

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by hope, Jul 22, 2006.

1. hope

hope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    well i keep this short but over the last couple of years the numbers of interracial datin as gon up in the black community, there are black men with white women and also over the last few years the number of black women with white men has grown quite alot so i am asking the question are black folks gon be exstint, 30-40- years from now how many of us will be left?.

Its clear that the bond between the black man and women has all but gone and we find it easier to date anyone other then ourselfs so your right now for many blacks interracial dating is the answer.

But the other big question we hafe to ask to get to the bottom of all this to try and solve this issue is whos fault is it? is the black man too lazy, too much of a womenizer or is the white mans giving black men no equality the reason why some sistahs cant find a brotha worthy to settle down with or are sistahs their own worse enemy and only date thugs. like i said in another thread theres not as much black men that are makinbg the kind of money white men are making, black male celebs and sportsmen make great money but for blackmen who are not celebs or sportsmen the road to riches is a bumpy ride and the white man takes advantage of this, most women especially attractive ones will not settle for a man who is working 9-5 or who doesnt have much money saved, they feel their good looks means they deserve the best life and so many black men outside black celebs and sportsmen loose out on the chance to build a home with a black women.

Are we as a community coming to a fast end? i personellydont think so but i do think that if we are not carefulall this dissin thats goin on between black men and women could lead to our ultimate downfall.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    as the overwhelming number of black people are with other black people i do not think we will have a problem.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    hmmm.....

Do you have any soultions? Are you in a fulfilling relationship with a Black woman? Just asking, as I would like to know your personal outlook on the situation between Black men and Black women.

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    hope...

most women especially attractive ones will not settle for a man who is working 9-5 or who doesnt have much money saved, they feel their good looks means they deserve the best life and so many black men outside black celebs and sportsmen loose out on the chance to build a home with a black women.

I hope you are speaking for some BW.

I am the one supporting my family now, since my man was shot several times and wounded to the point of immobility in an attempted carjacking 2 weeks ago. I foot the bill, and did so partially prior to the incident. How would that make ME a gold-digger, I will never look down on him because of this, If I were with him for the money as you say most sisters are (or for the light-skin as you insinuated about me in another thread, I'd have a ton of "pretty" babies by him after 6 years):rolleyes:....I would have bailed if I was in it for the $$. I don't use my "looks" to "get by" in free-loading off of a man. Never have...never will...I have too much PRIDE for that. I can't believe the above statement you made about sisters not dealing with a BM with a 9-5. Geez, the economy is so screwed these days, it is a blessing not to be laid-off, or out of work!

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i am sorry to hear about that. don't sweat the small stuff around here. you don't have to react to it. you take care of yourself and yours.

6. sweet apple*pie

sweet apple*pie Well-Known Member MEMBER

I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
    Ratings:
    +30
    hmmmmm...I had to think about this one for a moment. Although, naturally I am attracted to my botha's, I feel as if people should be with whom they love.....we are only here for a short time, and we have nothing to prove to anyone....Maybe it was Gods plan for the races to all mix, so we can just be one melting pot of love!
    I wouldn't worry about extincton tho...

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    and how do you think that is determined?

8. sweet apple*pie

Ratings:
    +30
    I dont think it matters how it is determind.:?: Love is not a disease that we need to antalyze, disect and figure out. We dont need to question love, or define why we love WHO we love. And too be completly honest, it is really no one's buisness. People who worry about who the next man deems worthy of loving, should get a life and some buisness of their own. Personally, I think worrying about the extinction of black people, is pretty silly n-e way....:yawn:

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i disagree. one does not fall in love by accident.
    if you are with a white person, there is a reason for that.
    the emotions need to be controlled by something higher.

10. sweet apple*pie

Ratings:
    +30
    If you were a blind person, would there still be a reason?:confused:

I respect your opinion JFP truly I do. Of course, there are sterotypes about every race, and some people gather info about one particular race over another. But to say " if you are with a white person, there is a reason for that" is kind of an ignorant statement, to me. Whatever happened to falling in love with the qualities a person has? Now of course, there are exceptions. Some people are deliberatly looking for something different, because perhaps, they were burned by someone of there own race. But once again to reiterate " if you are with a white person, there is a reason for that"
    That does not fit, every situation.

Once again, people should be with who they want. They dont need to explain why.