Black Spirituality Religion : Are we God's children or servants?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by jusme, Mar 3, 2003.

1. jusme

jusme Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Were we created to be carefree and social? Or were we created to worship, obey and be judged by God?

2. skrybe7

skrybe7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    You ask some great questions, Jusme.
    I believe that our first duty is to obey God.
    and we are His servants and His children,
    those that believe Jesus is our Lord and Savior.
    This is all biblical

Matthew 5:9
    Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (There are many scriptures that call us that)

Also, we are servants of God:

Titus 1:1
    Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

James 1:1
    James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

(And there are many scriptures that refer to this)

Also, to give you some contrast, there are those who are refered to as Satan's(he has many names) children too:

Judges 19:22
    [Now] as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, [and] beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

1 Samuel 2:12
    Now the sons of Eli [were] sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.

**John 8:44
    Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Hope this is helpful to you. May your quest for truth be fruitful.
    God bless!

3. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    Much of the Bible is parabolic and can be interpreted 10 different ways by 10 different people. Who is correct? Could we say that all who read and interpret the Bible are correct in their understanding? "Jesus spake not lest he spake in a parable" is in the bible as well. What does that change? Children are indeed servants of their parents lest they be rebellious and disobedient.

Is a robot you programmed to learn your child or your servant?

4. skrybe7

Ratings:
    +2
    This is a sad truth. But that is where context(true context) and background come in. That is why it is so important for each Christian to take up the yoke and learn of Jesus for themselves. That is why we try the spirits by the Spirit that comes to dwell within us. Mind you, trying the spirits with simply more spirits doesn't get it.
    And yes, Jesus did teach in parables for His time did not yet come(the crucifiction.) But how did His Apostles teach?
    And the argument of interpretation is a weak one to fall back on, because the person arguing this than renders his/her own interpretation baseless.
    And to answer your question, I must pose some:
    did I "program" this robot to be my servant or my child?
    or how do I regard or treat this robot? or how much like
    a child is this robot capable of being?

5. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    Note: You programmed the robot to learn. This is called Artificial Intellegence. We have the real thing. How you treat it or regard it is your choice but it has too been given a free will like you, by you.
    It may learn slow or fast as do children. Would that make him your child?

6. skrybe7

Ratings:
    +2
    I see you are just going to make me use my head... ok...
    The reason I ask is this: The biological thing is out, unless
    these robots were birthed, and they weren't according to how you pose the hypothetical question. So then what remains is the state of mind. This to is questionable on the robots side. But the programmer has a mind. So it comes down to how the programmer regards the robot. You, yourself have said that a child is both child and servant to their parents and I generally agree with this. As none of these terms are mutually exclusive.
    it is possible for one person to be servant, master, teacher, guide, etc. each person in life wears many hats(so to speak)
    a woman can all at once be a mother, daughter, cousin, sister, aunt, wife, etc... yet she is one person. And this is just with people. How much more than with God? I think this spills over to your other question too though. So I will say the robot (minus the biological/physiological limitations) can be adopted as "child" to the programmer. Especially in the figurative sense. It happens all the time, like when people say stuff like "this is my baby" and they could be talking about anything from an idea(brainchild) to a car to a pile of rocks.

7. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    both.

8. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    Skrybe
    Are you then a "child of God" in a figurative sense? Which only represents your dedication and obedience, and He is your Father as in your Provider and Sustainer and even your Protector as is a father?

9. skrybe7

Ratings:
    +2
    How can it be exclusive to the figurative when even if I didn't believe that God existed. According to the doctrine of Christianity
    God is my Creator. So then He is Father of all things and all beings. Don't mean to give any short and useless answers that don't speak to the intellect of the question.

10. jusme

Ratings:
    +0
    Father is a HUMAN trait. Remember that. Even still, fathers do not create, God does. All the father does is to have marital relations with his spouse and by faith conceive a child. God does all the creating there is to do.