Black People : ARE WE COWARDS?

We talk about ancestors yet many of us refuse to know of our Afrikan spiritual heritage, or pay homage to them, or know how to contact them for guidance. We continue to think exactly like our oppressors about our own Afrikan culture that it is evil. We talk about rituals being carried out by the oppressors but what rituals are we doing as a people. We watch as our people and our children are continually attacked, imprisoned and murdered. We get upset about it but as sister souljah says "not upset enough to bring about any radical changes. We get upset about little things but become silent and immobilised about the loss of our children, the loss of our relatives, the loss of our freedom, and the loss of our justice".
We continue to play the political game by believing that our votes will make a difference when we still haven’t received reparations. When are we going to wake up! It’s no wonder we’re dying. What is this website doing to actively protest against such? Apart from the consciousness raising classes lead by bro OldSoul this site is just about as active as a dead volcano. But if I'm wrong & I've seriously missed something, I'm sure you'll inform me in the best of ways. Truth be told, guess I expected more from this site and I wish I had put my money into a more pro-active site such as **.org and **.com, but anywayz, I didn't. So if I get banned for speaking my mind, pls be sure to gimme a refund...lol. (guess that's not in the clause huh).

But anywayz, many sheeple are waiting to be told what to do because for them it’s too hard - too inconceivable to break out from even thinking outside of the box as it were. Too afraid to let go of the conditioned comfort, the manipulated confusion, the corporate control of our cultural womb, the religious indoctrinations, the academic stupification, our addiction to being manipulated and regulated which blinds us from seeing the world beyond the borders of our nationalistic prison of patriotic fascism, the heavy and unjust taxation which isn’t even lawful, political and social alienation, our MGM and WB illusions of love and happiness. Too afraid to explore the reservoirs of our hearts - the true dimension of our suppressed Being. We want to stay happily deceived, enslaved to debt, meaningless sports and redundant dances to music played by corporate capitalist, stay intoxicated to the thousands of diversions flung at our feet to maintain ignorance and compliance.

Ignorance is truly bliss. Great ships were made for high seas, rather than to simply sit tied and docked in the harbour.

Peace...

YES Dear Sister, some of us are cowards. Some are standing up and doing positive things in our communities. I have found not to expect much on the internet other than some possible networking and exchange of ideas which may lead to some activism in real-time.

Are we cowards? Again. Some of us are. Some of us proactively confront the problems and issues facing our communities. I dont want to sound cliche or like a broken record year but the Last Poets addressed this over 30 years ago. Some folks will always be afraid of Revolution. That seems to be a bad word in some places. Some folks negate this as a possibility because they dont have an effective strategy in unity with other oppressed communities/Nations. They say we must go it alone then take a do-nothing approach and provide no solutions. They scapegoat others then behave as lost sheep.

Is it true that "we are not motivated enough to fight for our on right to self-determination" YES and not only that but when was the last time anyone here even mentioned the words BLACK LIBERATION. Oh. That's right. We are "non-white people", "Asiatics", etc. so this then negates discussion of BLACK Liberation if we are not really "Black".

Quite frankly, I'm no longer involving myself in discussion on reparations because of my experience last year here on that issue. Once I step out of a discussion I keep it moving to the next idea/strategy and write the previous off my list. This is why I'm down to ONE which is back to the Family. The main source and I'm just going gangsta with it like the mafia. Kinship/family clan and that's it. Peace

amazing...
i work for the ounce of prevention fund in chicago...look us up...we help teenage mothers and underprivileged mothers get the proper guidance and prenatal care when they enter our program. we also make sure the babies get accepted in early head start programs. as you can probably guess a lot of the teenage/underprivileged mothers are of african decent in chicago....we are non-profit so my check is kinda short in these hard economic times...as a dba i could be making way more money somewhere else...but i feel needed at my job, moreso than at any other job that i have had...so again...

one love
khasm

:welldone:

This is the kind of dedication that I have the utmost respect for, being in a similar position. It's hard rock these days to be even dealing with life in the inner-city,metro areas and even harder to live and work in the same. I think this is part of the problem. Recently I was reading an article in a Black newspaper from Los Angeles, the Sentinel and it had an article on the Williams Sisters. One of the statements talked about how they "escaped" from their roots growing up in Compton. This really angered me, having myself at one time lived I Compton (my grandma lived on the corner of 137th and S. Central Ave.). I dealt with this "coward" issue years ago when after college going back to Compton/Lynwood to teach. It started to dawn on me that many of our people are AFRAID to deal with our youth. For this reason I'm trying to be respectful here and not claim that MOST are afraid of our youth. So I have mad respect for anyone who is currently working non-profit when you can possibly make more as an independent consultant or in the private sector.

Are we Cowards? Nice question...and one worthy of deeper interpretation than what we are used to. First let us deal with "Revolutionary" for a minute. "Revolutionary" comes from the root word "Revolution"...a part of the word "Revolve". This in essence simply means "change". This change happens on many levels, but first it must happen "mentally", for the body or the mouth will never do what has not first been done in "the mind".

The doctor that finds a "new way" to do differently what has in the past been "always done another way" is "revolutionary. They "changed the status quo" of how something was designated to be done. The psychologist and teacher who discovers that black and white people have a "different mode of thinking and processing information" and then discloses that information is "revolutionary."

Although we may not physically see the movement or change, they have "changed the thought processes" of people and their peers who once adhered to another thought process. As such, they have not only "changed the thought process but the behaviour and method of doing things as well."

The Europeans scholars who entered Africa when it was being invaded and then went against "their own society and the social thought process" of their society in terms of "how African people were looked at and regarded" by disclosing the truth in their books...were quite revolutionary.

I made these examples because, obviously these are just a few examples of peoples and events that did not require a soap box where grand speeches were made or external visibility was required, and yet no one can deny that they were indeed "revolutionary" or that they did not bring about change that affected the world.

Every last one of them risked their reputation, their integrity with their peers, their livelyhood and their over all social standing and acceptance to move or go against the norm or what was socially accepted as being a fact when it was not.

Right now there is a European in Italy who is going against the church by "stating that Jesus never existed". His case has been thrown out of court and he has a new book out. The point is that as a European in a European dominated society where he has "everything going for him", he is being "quite revolutionary" by going against the status quo that has benefited him and proven to be in his advantage. So why should he rock the boat?

He's old, he's well off, he has nothing to gain from it...so why rock the boat?
He's rocking the boat because he was taught that "the purpose of his government and society was to protect the citizens from anything that could harm them". Obviously he has not only discovered something that goes against the "norm", but he has equally recognized the harm or damage that it can do and has done. Is he being "revolutionary"? Yes indeed !!!...and where he's living at, it's quite possible that his life may be taken for what he's attempting to disclose.

Now, I said all of this to say that there are many levels of being a revolutionary or of bringing about "revolution"...(CHANGE). We may not all be MLKs, or George Jacksons or Garveys or Malcolms, but we each can be quite "revolutionary" and bring about "revolution" (CHANGE) on many levels. Suppose you worked in a hospital and learned something that is quite appalling and that "you know for a fact that the masses are unaware of as it regards procedures or something to that nature that would change the way people are having things done.

You have a choice. You can "risk your job, your life, your reputation and your social standing" by being "revolutionary enough" to dare to expose it...or you can remain silent for fear of losing your life, your job, your reputation and social standing. Will you in this example be "revolutionary" or just part of the status quo ?? Not as easy as you thought, is it??
Now when it comes to our people and the social, economic, educational and political issues that affect us all no matter where we are, my question becomes; "what are we each on our own level where we are doing to enhance, better or aid our people with something that they can all grasp and see as beneficial to their growth or awakening from the issues that plagues us?" What proactive social groups or organizations do we belong to or are active in that are aiding our youth, our downtrodden or our elderly? Are we feeding the black homeless or teaching our babies self defense? Are we educating the teachable (meaning those who want to know and learn) or setting up food co-opts to make eating easier or better for our people? Are we attempting to reach out to the gangs or network with others on our economic level to enhance or change where we live or where our children live? All of these are indeed "revolutionary acts". Why so?..because we are supposed to be so messed up in the head and hearts by now as it regards each other or who we are as a people that the first thought or word out of our mouth is supposed to be "F*** those N*****s!

Big and small revolutionaries all matter. Even a small pebble tossed into the middle of a lake make ripples that can be seen and felt...and this is what we need...a small pebble, a big pebble; in fact any kind of pebble is better than no pebble at all. This doesn't take courage but it darn sure takes some love and concern for who we are and the plights that we are all up against. How many nurses does it take along with the time of just one black doctor....even if it is only once a month...to simply do something as simple as have a "free community health screening"? They may never think of that but how hard is it for any one of us to go to a hospital or clinic with our idea and reach out to see which of them would aid us? We act so powerless at times, as if what we have or need to do requires a bunch of people or a bunch of money to get done....almost as if we can't do our own thinking and then act on our thoughts.

I apologize for this being so long. I just wanted to address Sis. Soulosphies issue and speak on a few of my own.

What is mentioned here is not "easy" but it is possible to make such "change". I am living testimony to that myself right now. I walked away and gave up my "life" my job, my reputation and my social standing and am now working for much less in the non-profit sector and I LOVE IT the work I do which will benefit Black YOUTH more in the long-run that it will benefit me economically. Even though I am making one-third of what I was making before hourly with less hours my work is more gratifying and I have the ability to work with Black kids and their families on a closer one-to-one ration and tie in Community Building.

This is the "change" that I am looking for. Those who are engaged in Community BUILDING. After all for those into meataphysics and the"occult" what REALLY is a "Mason"? A MASTER BUILDER!

thank you my brother...
life is give and take...
and since we all have the choice to pick a side...
i will always choose to be on the side of giving....

last week i was cleaning up some of our data and came across these facts...
last year we accepted 37 girls 12 or younger in our program...with the youngest being 9...smh
don't tell nobody i told ya'll that...lol...but we definitely have problems...in my eyes complaining does nothing to help it...you just have to put your head down and do your best to make this a better world...that's really all most people can do...

one love
khasm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back