Black People : ARE WE CONFUSED OR ARE THEY ????

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    How is it that we as Black People are running around with some ******* on our necks hanging on a cross...but the entire white world has a Black One??? So who is deaf dumb and Blind? Is it us or them?

2. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I know that yall know that I'm waiting for a response to this. I really am !! Why? Because I know that a whole bunch of us are running around with some ******* on a cross around our necks, hanging in our homes and in our churches....so my common sense says that "somebody must be confused....now is it us or is it them!!!??!!!

3. Da Flash

Da Flash going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    professional internet surfer
    Ratings:
    +405
    Very good question, I only wish I had a good answer! I do though have some questions;

1. From whom did most Blacks get thier religion??
    2. Which is perceived to be better/more beautiful/good in the world Black or yt?
    3. Who did Blacks copy thier image of Jesus from?

I often wonder what it is about religion that makes people forsake logic/common sense for faith, ...........but that's just me!

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    the Children of the House of RA once had our own religion:
    i once got to wondering about Ra so googled Him. turns out the "best" link i got at the time was Ra at wikipedia (yeah right smh revisionist history at work!) that said that Ra was an ancient god of an ancient people. Ra was merged with other gods, including Amun: "Amun was a member of the Ogdoad, representing creation energies with Amaunet, a very early patron of Thebes. He was believed to create via breath, and thus was identified with the wind rather than the sun. As the cults of Amun and Ra became increasingly popular in Upper and Lower Egypt respectively they were combined to create Amun-Ra, a solar creator god. It is hard to distinguish exactly when this combination happened, but references to Amun-Ra appeared in pyramid texts as early as the fifth dynasty. The most common belief is that Amun-Ra was invented as a new state deity by the Theban rulers of the New Kingdom to unite worshipers of Amun with the older cult of Ra around the eighteenth dynasty." (Amun - upper egypt, Ra - lower egypt: which is more likely to be closer to African and which is more likely to be closer to arabian?)

so does it really matter which is more confused? that stuff got nothing to do with OurStory!

5. AmenAmenetSun

AmenAmenetSun Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    My thoughts based on what I have been taught:
    Amongst many things we have in this world, we have also truth and lies. My ancestors once told me that one of the reasons the bible became successful amongst our people is that the authors thereof based it on our truestories, based it on our true realities and therefore based it on what our hearts naturally get drawn to. But before the enemy did that, it made a base foundation for the bible, the base foundations of the bible is a LIE. I was given this example. A mouse trap:

What happens with a mouse trap is that a cheese (truth and life) is place on a trap (lies and death). The mouse gets drawn to the cheese, given that it must eat to live, only to have its neck snapped by the trap upon reaching for the cheese. The bible is based on a lie and the truth was added on top to draw in our people. The bible was simplified to the above example and since then I have an understanding of our people who are christians, muslims etc.
    And my teachers went further, speak what is the truth even when our people do not agree with you because you are not aiming for their minds, you are aiming for their hearts. Those whom we cannot speak to their hearts are not our people and therefore we worry not about them as they will vanish with their white, perverted and evil masters. Our people do not listen with their minds, we listen with the heart then we use the mind to listen to the heart and process the information sent by the heart, not the other way round as it is not possible for us, we are not rational people.
    Rationality has a lot to do with what you see and touch and based on that thoughts and ideas are formulated. I do not have a proper word to define who we are except to say we are an emotional people, we listed to our emotions, because nothing can hide and be hidden from the trueself, then we think and decide based on what we have been told by our trueself(ancestors). We are emotional before we are rational.

Therefore ,the is no time to reason with the religious amongst us, we tell them what has been told to us as truth, they respond, then we tell them again what we have been told as truth until they have no responses anymore, if we have been telling them truth, when they reach the speechless point, then they would no longer be thinking, but feeling, from there, the following will apply: when a African had been honestly mistaken, and it is brought to their attention, then they will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest.

We will not be able to tell our people the truth, if we fail to recognize the truth in religion, the truth that drew them to their death in the first place. We need to explain to them how come at the beginning religion seems to work i.e. once an African chooses to become an honest Christians they actually stop drinking, smoking, stealing etc...their lives improve and their circumstance change..this is what happens at the beginning...then later on they change towards their friends, families and community, they become selfish, self-centred, greedy, professional liars and overall ignorant. There are reasons for both circumstances and we need to tell our religious Africans the truth behind both circumstances.
    Obviously African religion is also no longer an option for our people (based on what I noted from another thread on this site), the only path we see for our people is to begin questioning everything, re-educate ourselves, research all and assume nothing for meaning has been taken from even our traditional initiation rituals.
    But as some of my teachers and master, on the net, in my heart and here at home have told me, the truth is already inside ourselves, all we need to learn is to listen to ourselves and awaken. From what I have heard, been taught, learned and seen...I believe...

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    You just saved me from making a hard decision. Thanks and praises.
    Hotep'tah!

7. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Here's how this is. I think that we have become quite a sophisticated people in our thinking. The processes of the past will not work today in the face of so much information that is available and is now known to many of our people. The opportunity to use religion as a tool is long past because we are no longer in an age of "believing" in the unknown in the face of "knowing the known". In the face of knowing the known, it becomes impossible to just "go back" and try to re-hash what once worked for us in our ignorance or innocence...whichever one prefers to use. Christianity and Islam both had their day in the sun when we as a people were mentally in the shadows of them, historically speaking.

I wrote in an earlier post that; "if someone has messed my bike up badly enough, I don't even want it back because you done did too much too it to make it yours to the point where it simply isn't going to ride right for me anymore". Yeah, you stole it, took off my seat and put yours on it. Then you changed my fat tires and threw your skinny ones on it. Then you changed my handle bars and threw your butterfly handle bars on it. Then you put a sissy bar on it, threw a basket on it and then spray painted my bike before you gave it back to me...and to keep it real, you didn't even give it back. You came by and offered me to ride it. The problem is that, even if I should recognize that; "hey, this looks a little bit like my bike"!!...in reality it isn't. All the modifications you made to my bike best serve you now, not me. All the changes that you made were what we would call cultural modifications which serve as "controlling factors in how I'm able to ride that bike". This is what has happened to the religions that we now practice.

What we need is something that an outsider can't tamper with, what they can't buy, what they can't influence or deny...and history in regards to them and us is all that's needed in order for us as a people to put 2 plus 2 together. If my great grand father robbed your family, beat you down and then suppressed you...and my grand father did the same thing....and my father did the same thing, are you going to wait around for me to do the same thing or hope that I am somehow different than the previous three generations of my family when I exist the way that I do because of the previous three generations of my family?

To even dream such a thought is to engage in some serious micro-surgery with hopes that the scars from the surgery won't be noticed by the person you're cutting on...which in this case would be our people. Now if I'm able to demonstrate outside of the boundaries of religion what the actual reality is, I don't need religion at all because I'm already pissed off!...and pissed off is the one thing that we as a people have not truly been yet !!! We been forgiving, can we all just get along, we're all human, can we just love one another?...but we haven't been pissed off yet, and do you know why? It's because the truth concerning us as a people in relationship to other people has not been fully told or known yet !! All we need is the truth and with the way that it all went down, we don't even need the whole truth! That's how inhuman and abrasive and brutal our story is as it relates to others who have always wanted what we had but didn't want us!!

That's my 2 1/2 cents on this.

Hetep !!

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Though I do not agree that we are not rational people, I can benefit from this appeal to the heart. Any advice on how?

9. AmenAmenetSun

AmenAmenetSun Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    Nice...can you please say more of your disagreement regarding being emotional rather than rational, just mentioning that you do not agree with Africans being emotional before being rational does not give me much to think about and learn....

In terms of speaking to the heart, it is something that I feel can be done but I am not capable of advicing and/or teaching it....but I think that if you get hold writtings by teachers like Blackroots and many more who are here and there, and observe how they deals with questions, we might be able to learn the appeal to the hearts of our people...

10. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    No one in modern history has even a rudimentary knowledge in emotions. At least not in the Western canon. Seeing this deficit, I took upon studying emotions and found that instrumental to emotions is 'morality.' Just the same, instrumental to rationality is 'morality.' As such, emotional and rational are one in the same.

For instance, you are a man, so let me show you how straightforward emotions can be.

If in a conversation, I tell you--"You are a man." It means nothing to you. There's no emotion at all.

Yet, if in the same conversation I say "You are not a man." Do you notice the difference?

It's because the latter is an unethical statement--assuming that you are a man.

I like to consider myself a self-made scholar in ethics. So I can not cite any sources--but perhaps you can?

I would not call African people less rational simply because as being emotional we are rational. In fact, it is our inherent moral compass that makes us most rational. And such, it's a matter of appealing to our moral compass.

That's why I wanted to know of appealing to the heart. It seems to be one in the same--but theory and practice are miles apart for me.

I defer to your wisdom.

:)