Black People : Are we brown or black???

peopleofcolor

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 4, 2004
I was just looking up the defination of brown and black and this is what i found...

Brown means...

The term applied to a copper coin that no longer has the red color of copper. There are many "shades" of brown color -- mahogany, chocolate, of a color similar to that of wood or earth. Of a dark color, of various shades between black and red or yellow, a tawny, dusky hue. A brown-skinned person. To become brown, to make brown, to cook until brown. Often Offensive, of or being a person of nonwhite origin. The color of coffee; noun brown colour, pigment, or material. To be roasted, deceived, taken in.

We all know what black means "in the euro dictionary it basically means everything evil, crooked, wicked, dirty, ect, then also includes us people of african decent.

What are we brown or black Which one best describes us as a whole?

I'v never really met someone really black maybe dark dark brown but not black and by the way look up black in the dictionary...

Soiled, as from soot; dirty: feet black from playing outdoors. Cheerless and depressing; gloomy: black thoughts. Marked by anger or sullenness. Attended with disaster; calamitous: a black day; the stock market crash on Black Friday. Being or characterized by morbid or grimly satiric humor. Connected with or invoking the supernatural and especially the devil. Thoroughly sinister or evil : WICKED!!!

The word black is a english word anyway you cut it and means what the people from england wanted it to mean anit no changing it, the word moor is what we were called b4 black and negro... The word MOOR evolved from the Greek 'Mauros' which just simply means DARK. Moor doesn't have a harsh meaning sh*t the moors conquered back parts of africa and the middle east from the romans, greeks and europeans who ruled over them. The moors weren't all muslim either or arab like people think, moors were all dark skinned people from africa, india, the middle east, south east asia who all got together and fought the oppressive roman, greek and european regimes. If you were dark no matter were you came from you were label'd moor aka dark, non-white.

I was just looking up the defination of brown and black and this is what i found...

Brown means...

The term applied to a copper coin that no longer has the red color of copper. There are many "shades" of brown color -- mahogany, chocolate, of a color similar to that of wood or earth. Of a dark color, of various shades between black and red or yellow, a tawny, dusky hue. A brown-skinned person. To become brown, to make brown, to cook until brown. Often Offensive, of or being a person of nonwhite origin. The color of coffee; noun brown colour, pigment, or material. To be roasted, deceived, taken in.

We all know what black means "in the euro dictionary it basically means everything evil, crooked, wicked, dirty, ect, then also includes us people of african decent.

What are we brown or black Which one best describes us as a whole?

I'v never really met someone really black maybe dark dark brown but not black and by the way look up black in the dictionary...

Soiled, as from soot; dirty: feet black from playing outdoors. Cheerless and depressing; gloomy: black thoughts. Marked by anger or sullenness. Attended with disaster; calamitous: a black day; the stock market crash on Black Friday. Being or characterized by morbid or grimly satiric humor. Connected with or invoking the supernatural and especially the devil. Thoroughly sinister or evil : WICKED!!!

The word black is a english word anyway you cut it and means what the people from england wanted it to mean anit no changing it, the word moor is what we were called b4 black and negro... The word MOOR evolved from the Greek 'Mauros' which just simply means DARK. Moor doesn't have a harsh meaning sh*t the moors conquered back parts of africa and the middle east from the romans, greeks and europeans who ruled over them. The moors weren't all muslim either or arab like people think, moors were all dark skinned people from africa, india, the middle east, south east asia who all got together and fought the oppressive roman, greek and european regimes. If you were dark no matter were you came from you were label'd moor aka dark, non-white.

Interesting topic and info.

However, I have seen a "black" person....really black.

As a People, no we are not "black" but some of us are.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Interesting topic and info.

However, I have seen a "black" person....really black.

As a People, no we are not "black" but some of us are.

Wow! You got me on this one sister cherry, you said what you've said that I cannot deny, Like peopleofcolor, I've just never laid eyes on a Black, really Black person in my life, very, very dark, even what they call blue black; but never, never have I laid my eyes on a jet black person.

Wow! You got me on this one sister cherry, you said what you've said that I cannot deny, Like peopleofcolor, I've just never laid eyes on a Black, really Black person in my life, very, very dark, even what they call blue black; but never, never have I laid my eyes on a jet black person.

Well, Bro. Clyde, you took the words right outta my mouth. I almost said "blue Black" when I posted.

However, what's the difference between "jet black" and "blue black?" When it comes to "skin color," would you describe a "blue black" person as "dark brown?"

For the purpose of this thread topic, I stipulated that "we, as a People, are not 'Black" but that I have seen a really "black"-skinned person before.

I've known some people who had what's called a "flat" black skin color and some others whose skin had a "sheen" to it. But, their skin color was still "Black."----not dark brown, BLACK.

So, I'm not getting how you are differentiating between a "blue black" person-of-color and a "JET black" person-of-color. :?:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back