Black People : are we born with talent

Therious said:
I am of the school of thought if it can be conceived it will be achieved.

do u believe some one can become a great artist or athelete simply by praticing? i know some who think we r only born with talent. i say the only difference between a great singer is years of pratice usually from an early age.

could one "be like mike" if they practiced like mike?

Hello Brother Therious ... :love:

I do believe that we are all born with talent, some one talent, and some another.

We are not all born to do the same things.

I believe, no matter how much singing and practicing i do, i will never be a great singer. My daughter says i'm tone deaf! :eeek: I be thinking i sound good! It sounds good to me! But my daughter says, let it go Momma, please, just let it go!

Yes, we are all born with talents, and learning what that talent is, probably comes quite naturally, as we enjoy doing it, and with practice we can become great at it.

I do think too, that some things we may not be born with, but through a great passion and desire to master a thing, we become great at it.

All of this to say, the sky is the limit. If it's in your heart to do, do that thing, and do it well!

Love Yall!

:heart:

Destee

You'll be surprise what you can do, if you really try...

The "nurture or nature debate" is one of the, oldest and most complex debates there is. Even when we talk about Michael Jordan, we must remember Michael Jordan wasn’t a child prodigy, with a basketball in his crib. If we just look at this excerpt from his biography we may learn something:

“As a child, Jordan played baseball, basketball and football. His preferred sport at the time was baseball but after he began spending a lot of time on the basketball court, his outlook changed. Because his older and taller brother, Larry, continuously kept beating him when they played one-on-one, he was determined to become a better player.

Ironically, in 1978, when Jordan attended Laney High School in Wilmington, North Carolina, he was cut from the varsity team. Instead of giving up, however, he fought through adversity and became the greatest basketball player in the world.”

This story, of a average guy or under-achiever, overcoming his failures and obstacles, is a common story on the road to greatness. Jack Johnson and Muhammad Ali were beat-up and picked-on in their youth. Many great models thought that they were unattractive and were teased about their looks, when they were younger. Here’s a bio page on the great Olympic track star Wilma Rudolph:

Wilma Rudolph - Three-time Olympic gold medalist

Wilma Rudolph was no stranger to adversity in sports or life. As a child, she suffered from double pneumonia, scarlet fever and polio, which caused her to lose the use of her left leg. At age nine, she was able to walk without the metal leg brace. A basketball standout in high school, Rudolph was recruited to run track for Tennessee State University. The rest is history - Olympic history that is. Rudolph went on to win three Olympic gold medals in the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome. With these victories, she became the first American woman to win three gold medals in track and field in one Olympic Games.

I believe the majority of stories of great and extraordinary people who seem to be born to “do-what-they-do” are familiar. They seem to find the tenacity, sagacity, drive, unusual faith, the over-coming of adversity and a deep love and more so, a great passion for what they do. Their physical abilities and mental aptitude, though important, are only relevant if they are confident, that they really want to win.

Like one of the old elders use to tell me, “You got to stay in the race”!

Peace

To me we all have a gift or some talent and with it you work harder longer
and surely it gets better , stronger and deeper as time goes and you become
the best at what you do we are born to a degree with talent if you don't follow
it up you lose a bit
I always felt i had this talent long ago as a poet ! i study harder and work on my
skillz longer and too my vision deeper and now i say i am a poet this wasn't
something i picked up but the gift i was given and now i'm trying to utilize my
artistry and craft to a deeper level the next level to become one of the great poet's
today so as i go i get stronger at it beter at it and deeper into it we pick up
our gift once we fine out what it is and we can carry it to places unknown
this just me speaking on the topic what i think so yes we are born with knowledge
that we have some kind of talent some of us are truely born with a great talent
and need little help but get even greater as we fine our true talent .

The Gift

I believe people are born with talent. But what is the talent people are born with? I believe talent begins in the mind. Talent is the minds ability to manipulate the body to a higher level than most. In this tread one of the subjects in question is Michael Jordans ability to play basketball. The way I see it is what made Michael so great was not the fancy moves he could do or how he could baffle defenders, his talent was much greater. Michael Jordan when playing basketball had so much concentration and command of his body that it was almost like he was a second faster than the game. How is that? Michael Jordan seemed to anticipated how defenders would react to his play so much it seemed like they were moving in slow motion. That's why he could make the game look so easy. This is also why at 6'6" he could dunk over opponents 7'0" or taller. This meant his game was more cerebral than physical. A singer has a larnex and vocal cords like anyone else but it how the mind controls the voice muscles to manipulate sound. The same way the mind of a painter or sketch artist can manipulate the hand to paint or draw. Each persons talent is different but they all start in the mind.

I agree that talent is the minds comtrol over the physical body. this brings me to my next question/statement. Is talent simply ones interest in certain subject? then in a sense we are all born with the capacity to master a subject/dicipline .

i too believe a great singers vocal chords are just like any other humans, its their love and passion which stimulates a chemical reaction, which causes the brain to allow the body to do amazing things. this in my scientific opinon is literaly puting your soul into your craft.

i also believe that the cocncept of talent is danaging to some. a youngster hears all their life talent talent talent, they start thinking they were not born with "it". when in truth they suffer from low self esteem and or laziness. in a sense this part of life, but how many agree that a human is capable of being a multi genius simply by nature?
one

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back