Black People : Are we African American, Black or neither of two

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Are we African American, Black or neither of two ...in my view, all of the above

If you are of African Decent should you embrace the title African American. Should we embrace the name given to us by those who enslaved our Ancestors and continue to oppress us, or should we identify with the title "Black People" despite the definition of the word Black. I identify with the name "Nubian" I welcome your reply to this thread. I would like to know which name you identify with and why. I will also have a Blogtalk program today on this subject. You are welcome to listen in or call in. The date and time is posted below. Peace

www.blogtalkradio.com/consciousplat
Saturday 6PM Eastern time
6-5-2010

www.consciousplat.com

Nevertheless Queen Consciour Plat,

It was a great show and I'm proud to say that including yourself, there were four (4) Destee.com members participating, Also, I like the term Nubian and I agree with Bro. Sen - Res, we are Africans, born and raised in America...Peace In my sister friend, for real!

Last edited:
iam black/afican american.i know where i come from.i will always be more american than african because this is the culture i was born in.i love being from chicago.no matter how much im proud of my ancestor being african,culturely i will never be african.i can read books on africa but i will never be african culturley.even if i was born in africa i would not be african culturely because african is not a country it is a continent.the country in africa im born in would be my culture.my ancestor are african but im american.and that ok by me because there nothing that can change what happen in the past.my ancestor was force to come here and thats what made me american.if a person was from india and migrated england and their kid was born and raise there,the kid would identify with being a brit more than indian even though they might know their indian culture. and if they had a child. the child would identify more with britain as well.no matter how much i know about africa and proud to be one. culturely im american not african because my ancestors was force here

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back