Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Who is an ‘African American’? Definition evolves as USA does
USA TODAY NETWORKTracy Scott Forson, USA TODAY NETWORK

There was a time when being black in America meant you were most likely descended from one or more enslaved Africans who had survived the trans-Atlantic slave trade. However, as the number of African and Caribbean blacks immigrating to the USA has increased, so have the chances that someone who identifies as black or African American is a first- or second-generation immigrant ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/21/black-history-african-american-definition/1002344001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

(Photo: Yana Paskova, Getty Images)

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
BOT

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007
No good answer, but I suppose Black American is most accurately descriptive.

How many African languages are there, ignoring what Europeans brought? I can't even claim to recognize them, much less speak any. It is not comparable to Irish-American or Polish American, Africa is a CONTINENT not a Country and Euros divided it up to suit their purposes.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
A poster used the word Negro.
James started another thread.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Who is an ‘African American’? Definition evolves as USA does
USA TODAY NETWORKTracy Scott Forson, USA TODAY NETWORK

There was a time when being black in America meant you were most likely descended from one or more enslaved Africans who had survived the trans-Atlantic slave trade. However, as the number of African and Caribbean blacks immigrating to the USA has increased, so have the chances that someone who identifies as black or African American is a first- or second-generation immigrant ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/21/black-history-african-american-definition/1002344001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

(Photo: Yana Paskova, Getty Images)

I visited a church, All Nations, and the congregation was mostly, if not all Africans!
I walked inside the welcoming environment feeling like this is where I belong. This is before I knew the members were from Ghana, Nigeria, etc.
The ladies were dressed in African attire and so were the men.
I am so exited.
I asked one of the ladies where she purchased her dress. She said we have them made.
I don’t think I’ll be wearing African attire outside of my home.
After seeing how they wear their clothing, I don’t want to be disrespectful.
The ladies dresses are so beautiful.
For the first time I think I noticed the differences in Africans and African-Americans. The ladies are very friendly.
While sitting there listening to the African pastor, a trailer went across a big screen saying Would Princess——- please come to the book store.
I got whip lash turning my head to see the princess. I didn’t see her.
I’m going to keep going until I see a princess and maybe a queen. The Pastor calls his wife queen. Her dress was the most.
And when they read the announcement, it ends with
brought to you by the ANC.

back on topic.
The influx of foreign-born blacks has energized the debate about what “African American” means today.

Are foreign born Blacks, Africans or Black in America?

From article: While many black immigrants embrace the African-American label and culture, not all are quick to jump into a melting pot that might dilute their distinct cultures.

Are these black immigrants Africans.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
[QUOTE="umbrarchist, post: 1001946, member: 14564" No good answer, but I suppose Black American is most accurately descriptive.

How many African languages are there, ignoring what Europeans brought? I can't even claim to recognize them, much less speak any.

It is not comparable to Irish-American or Polish American, Africa is a CONTINENT not a Country and Euros divided it up to suit their purposes./QUOTE]

PEOPLE/I REPEAT, isn’t the crux of most of the grief we face both individually and collectively in the increasingly competitive, ultra hostile 21st century every area of human activity due to the fact that most of our people generally, especially our mis-leadership specifically is in the main comprised of somewhat inept, very obviously totally lost, baffled and confused or maybe just openly TREACHEROUS Coloureds, Negroes/Black NEGROBOTS as opposed to fully conscious Africans, as highlighted by the manner in which most of us label ourselves as Black, when don’t we actually mean that we’re human beings of African ethnicity?

Now can any of YOU relate to why those alleged Urban Intellectuals Flashcards should be labelled AFRICAN as opposed BLACK History Flashcards, so when do any of you think THEY are going to FIX UP?

Shouldn’t the truly critical factor here PEOPLE, be how WE consciously discern/view and label ourselves as opposed to how the rest of Humanity generally, the melanin deficient VERMIN/ literal MAD’s/MUTANT ALBINO DEFECTIVES/ POWER ELITE/ LUCIFERIAN LUNATICS inc [and their lackeys cohorts of varying ethnic origins/hues worldwide specifically, who have been/still are decimating this planet and everyone and thing on it for over 2000 years now] choose to label/tag us?

The FACTS with regard to the so very spiritually and intellectually crippled state of the NEGROBOTS running/ misruling our communities and countries is an obvious recipe for the ongoing disaster of TODAY, continuing to be WHAT IS, isn’t it, especially as within the very organizations/groups aspiring to lead our communities and countries forward in the 21st century, aren't even our alleged luminaries/intelligentsia STILL so very obviously trapped in their alleged “BLACKNESS/the totally baffled, lost and confused Coloured/Black/NEGROBOT zone” as opposed to being anywhere near being debriefed enough to be consciously embracing their African ethnicity?

When WE still don't educate/rationally program ANY/many/ALL of our people to consciously acknowledge our African ethnicity [as opposed to alleged Blackness/how BLACK is Halle, Barack and many of the so diversely mixed peoples of African ethnicity] as a blessing as opposed to a curse; aren't we extremely unlikely to even begin to fulfil our main responsibility; to deduce and construct the socio-economic vehicles that will initially adequately secure our communities and countries, creating the possibility of us eventually collectively advancing and competing with the rest of Humanity in the 21st century?

Why are we the only ethnic group on the planet using a colour [Black as opposed to our original source, the African continent] to label our activities in every area of human activity as opposed to getting rid of one of the more obvious chains put in place over the last 500 years [as underlined by there being more than twice the number of USA citizens who label themselves as Irish and Swedish Americans, than the current population of Ireland and Sweden combined] whereas shouldn’t we ALL be consciously embracing our African ethnicity?

How many of us are aware of the fact that in every census to date of our community in the USA with regard to how we would like to label ourselves, African has beaten Coloured, Negro and Black by a considerable margin, as a rationalization of the fact that we cannot be as specific as the English, Irish, Swedish, Italians, Greeks and Germans etc with regard to which part of our original home [the African continent we originate from], we’re from?

What use are the majority of “Black Studies/Black History/Black Culture courses if the people constructing them are genuinely unaware of the fact that language is the operating system of the human brain/CPU in a similar manner to Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 are for computers; which is why doesn’t one have to be consciously selective with regard to how/what words are used to disseminate uplifting TRUTHS/ KNOWLEDGE as opposed to negativity to humanity generally, people of African ethnicity specifically?

For example, no one fears being Africanlisted, or Africanballed out of a clique, or organization, losing consciousness or all electrical power for whatever reason isn’t an Africanout, nor does anyone state that they’re not wearing a piece of clothing because it is African with dirt, it isn’t standard practice to lament when things have gone horribly wrong that it is a really African Day and no one has ever been jailed because there has been conclusive proof that they are an Africanmailer, whereas doesn’t substituting word BLACK into all of these contexts place one on a sliding scale of very very inconvenient GRIEF within the current totally Euro-centric paradigm of the 21st century, we're STILL existing in?

It is not too late, is it, for the African collective’s so consistently inept leadership with regard to being far more carefully selective with regard to the words we utilize to describe ourselves, in that aren’t ALL of our programs going out as African Studies/History/ Culture Lecture Series with regard to the African experience from an African perspective, a pragmatically rational upgrade, thus at least starting out on the right foot as opposed to continuing to automatically inject very easily avoidable negativity/rubbish as standard, into the minds of the still so lost and confused people of African ethnicity we’re aspiring to uplift?

I am not just being pedantic, this point is very important as underlined by the glitzy looking Black Cultural Archive which opened in Brixton/South London [June 2014] not being the African Cultural Archive, in that aren’t THEY just laughing at so many of us STILL failing this far from subtle litmus test with regard to just how genuinely naive/totally baffled and confused [lower echelons/ underclass are the norm worldwide] even our alleged intelligentsia/elite STILL are, TODAY?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
Black Man.jpg

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
The way I see it is simply like this the connotation "black" means..... you are a descendant of Africans who were enslaved in the so called New World/ Americas you are a "Black etc" as in "Black American". We only realize we were black in this historical epoch (not withstanding Kemet meaning black) when we had to co-exist with the Europeans who called themselves "white" so as to differentiate and marginalize us as the "Other". Having said all of that we still Africans.
An African is those of us African who were not kidnapped and taken into captivity away from the mother land, though they may have experience colonialism and other forms of oppression

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly