Black People : Are Victims Actually Victims?

My boyfriend and I argue about this all the time:

I say that a woman has the right to walk around naked, screaming, flopping and should still be able to say "NO" and be respected and left alone. I also believe women should be allowed to cover everything including their eyes and the same thing applies.

My husband brings up the valid point that some people have something on their mind other than your well being, so as a woman you have personal responsibility to your body to ensure you avoid being caught in a situation you cannot get out of.

Because of this, I always carry pepper spray and would never attend a party that will include men without my boyfriend. ESPECIALLY if drinking/shenanigans are involved.

Some women think this is okay to do, and it IS ok, however it is NOT smart and raises your chances of a man misinterpreting your actions and needs tremendously.

I would rather keep my chances as low as possible, rather than risk it and then get raped, Just Sayin.

No offense, but this is just stupid

Listen to hubby!

DUH!!!!!!!!!

Playing devil's advocate. Though there are some outfits that sisters have chosen to wear in public that basically says, 'anything goes'. That amounts to only half the equation. My problem is some peoples adventure into Bimbo Land, insisting that they have this magic force field in certain obvious situations.

If you are vulnerable and flashing cash in a certain neighborhood, you wouldn't be too shocked if you got robbed. Similarly, if you go scantily clad, alone, and decide to drink, get high at a drunken frat party. You should not be shocked when things go south rather quickly. We can argue all we want about rights and no means no! :nono: Once the deed is done, it's done. Add to this the fact that the overwhelming majority wont report the crime or show up to testify. ( ~ 1% as I recall ) That in some cases the chances of proper prosecution is minimal. You can see why some would argue that the victim placed herself in harms way. Protecting yourself is not a choice/option. There has never been a right to be safe under all circumstances. Furthermore, there are some that like it rough and forced. A mixed signal, if there ever was one. Guys are aggressors. Accept this as fact. Nothing wrong with some old school common sense.

Truth in all should be on their Ps and Qs at all times especially in some areas and situations, but even if the female were to wear something as some think is sexual were they wearing it for you? You cannot ever absolve the behavior of the aggressor...

Whole can of worms here Kem, tread with caution here...

It is never the woman's fault. Normal men can see a chick that is dam near naked, and rape wouldn't cross their mind. Any man that rapes a woman is mentally disturbed.

That being said, as a woman you must be aware that perverts are lurkin'. So, if you do dress especially provocative, you gotta be ready for what that may bring. Another thing to think about is what is provocative? Everyone's perception is different, and if you got a rapist running loose who knows what his crazy butt is thinking.

No offense, but you aren't qualified to know what a normal man wants/thinks.

Let the people say amen

Truth in all should be on their Ps and Qs at all times especially in some areas and situations, but even if the female were to wear something as some think is sexual were they wearing it for you? You cannot ever absolve the behavior of the aggressor... I've seen sisters wear a clear plastic "dress" with basically pasties covering strategic spots on their bodies out at affairs. Even other sisters said they were 'asking for it'! IJS, nothing wrong with a little discretion

Whole can of worms here Kem, tread with caution here...

I have never been afraid of worms. Been a fisherman a looooooong time. :lol:

I have never been afraid of worms. Been a fisherman a looooooong time. :lol:

LMBAO!!!, you added is in an alleged quote from me that I did not say. lol

Anyway, so no matter, the aggressor gets a pass as we know that the person is an aggressor is what you are saying? An aggressor does not need much, but yes a female walking damned near butt naked on main street has psychological issues. Let's be real.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back