Black People : Are Victims Actually Victims?

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
A couple of my friends were having a discussion a couple of weeks ago about women who get raped or attacked in some form or fashion, and his argument was that sometimes it is partially the woman's fault that she got raped because of what she wears (provocative clothing), knowing what the possible 'consequences' would be. My other friend says that a woman can wear whatever she wants to wear and that the guy who decides to come on to her and attack her is at full blame and that he is fully responsible for his actions. My question is which side are you on? Do any of you really believe that it is partially the woman's fault for being raped due to what kind of clothes she wear and what part of town she may be hanging out in ? Why or why not?

My boyfriend and I argue about this all the time:

I say that a woman has the right to walk around naked, screaming, flopping and should still be able to say "NO" and be respected and left alone. I also believe women should be allowed to cover everything including their eyes and the same thing applies.

My husband brings up the valid point that some people have something on their mind other than your well being, so as a woman you have personal responsibility to your body to ensure you avoid being caught in a situation you cannot get out of.

Because of this, I always carry pepper spray and would never attend a party that will include men without my boyfriend. ESPECIALLY if drinking/shenanigans are involved.

Some women think this is okay to do, and it IS ok, however it is NOT smart and raises your chances of a man misinterpreting your actions and needs tremendously.

I would rather keep my chances as low as possible, rather than risk it and then get raped, Just Sayin.

A couple of my friends were having a discussion a couple of weeks ago about women who get raped or attacked in some form or fashion, and his argument was that sometimes it is partially the woman's fault that she got raped because of what she wears (provocative clothing), knowing what the possible 'consequences' would be. My other friend says that a woman can wear whatever she wants to wear and that the guy who decides to come on to her and attack her is at full blame and that he is fully responsible for his actions. My question is which side are you on? Do any of you really believe that it is partially the woman's fault for being raped due to what kind of clothes she wear and what part of town she may be hanging out in ? Why or why not?

It is never the woman's fault. Normal men can see a chick that is dam near naked, and rape wouldn't cross their mind. Any man that rapes a woman is mentally disturbed.

That being said, as a woman you must be aware that perverts are lurkin'. So, if you do dress especially provocative, you gotta be ready for what that may bring. Another thing to think about is what is provocative? Everyone's perception is different, and if you got a rapist running loose who knows what his crazy butt is thinking.

that is really sick! African women to this day go about bare breasted in many areas. Nude sunbathing, not even talking bout Billie jeans or hot pants! Folks dont know that hot pants go back to the 40s and no one ever disrespected women or said stupid crap like "raped due to attire" This post 9/11 world and generation, has come up with some sick crap that never existed in human history! As for rape, as a Christian I like Muslim law!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back