Black Relationships : Are There Not Enough Black Men for Women, Or Is That Just an Excuse?

there are some validity to the numbers. however, there are a lot of single men out there, who cannot find/get a woman. a lot of that has to do with shallow minds, and requirement lists of fairytale expectations that some women, and men, have. for example, i've been approached by several women under five feet tall. i just can't get with that. sorry.

I think there may be some validity to the inflated numbers, but it is irresponsible to quote figures like these as Dr. Umar Johnson has done, saying the ratio is 12:1, without explaining the qualifiers used to get that figure. I remember when people first jumped on board with these ratios, and they started growing and growing with exaggeration, after exaggeration. Recently, I read someone claiming the ratio was 20:1.

Typically, the qualifiers used to inflate the statistic are, 1) the number of AA men incarcerated. 2) the number of AA homosexual men and 3) some will even break down the numbers using a standard of the quality of the men. If they are going to do this, they should at least include the factors used to calculate the ratios they purport.

People use these outrageous ratios to excuse all types of behavior. Some women use these ratios as an excuse to date married men, for example. Or, promoting polygamy.

I have always contended that there is an actual disparity. But, not nearly as great as the numbers commonly quoted. Here's why. When you subtract men due to incarceration, that is fair, but, and though there aren't near as many, you should be subtracting some women that are incarcerated also. Then when you subtract men who are homosexual, you need to subtract some women who are homosexual also. And, if you are going to subtract men for not meeting certain standards of quality, you need to do likewise for women, too. And, we also know that many incarcerated men have ride or die chicks on the outside that are very loyal to them.

These statistics that infer that AA men have problems and AA women are flawless are insulting to AA men, IMO.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back