Black Relationships : Are There Not Enough Black Men for Women, Or Is That Just an Excuse?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Liberty, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    [​IMG]

Do women outnumber men? Yes. Is that the reason why Black people aren’t settling down? Hardly. It took me a minute to come to this conclusion but it was the progression of a thought process I explored a while back. I came up with this theory on how many women there were to men in cities like DC, NYC and Atlanta.

Here’s the initial math:
    The current accepted ratio that women outnumber men 6:1 has to factor in a few things because the census data suggests that it’s 3:2. I did some quick thinking and came up with this as the reason for why the numbers may be off. Let’s look at the male population; one of those guys probably doesn’t like women, one is in jail, one of those guys is just a general herb, and regardless of however many women are on the market he doesn’t have a shot at any of them.

Maybe that’s why women outnumber men by so much.

But wait, that’s when I came up with the idea to take a look at the female population.

What the ratio also does not account for is the same dynamics that the male population faces. There’s tons of ways that women are different, just like men are different. While most women think they’re outnumbering us, we can just as easily describe some types of women who level out the playing field by removing themselves from contention.

What about these three types of women?

Read more

http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012...lack-men-for-women-or-is-that-just-an-excuse/

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :SuN020: i'm enough for errbody......

3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Oh Lawd! How many wives can you handle, James?

4. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    there are some validity to the numbers. however, there are a lot of single men out there, who cannot find/get a woman. a lot of that has to do with shallow minds, and requirement lists of fairytale expectations that some women, and men, have. for example, i've been approached by several women under five feet tall. i just can't get with that. sorry.

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I thought someone already did a thread like this...

6. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242

I think there may be some validity to the inflated numbers, but it is irresponsible to quote figures like these as Dr. Umar Johnson has done, saying the ratio is 12:1, without explaining the qualifiers used to get that figure. I remember when people first jumped on board with these ratios, and they started growing and growing with exaggeration, after exaggeration. Recently, I read someone claiming the ratio was 20:1.

Typically, the qualifiers used to inflate the statistic are, 1) the number of AA men incarcerated. 2) the number of AA homosexual men and 3) some will even break down the numbers using a standard of the quality of the men. If they are going to do this, they should at least include the factors used to calculate the ratios they purport.

People use these outrageous ratios to excuse all types of behavior. Some women use these ratios as an excuse to date married men, for example. Or, promoting polygamy.

I have always contended that there is an actual disparity. But, not nearly as great as the numbers commonly quoted. Here's why. When you subtract men due to incarceration, that is fair, but, and though there aren't near as many, you should be subtracting some women that are incarcerated also. Then when you subtract men who are homosexual, you need to subtract some women who are homosexual also. And, if you are going to subtract men for not meeting certain standards of quality, you need to do likewise for women, too. And, we also know that many incarcerated men have ride or die chicks on the outside that are very loyal to them.

These statistics that infer that AA men have problems and AA women are flawless are insulting to AA men, IMO.

7. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    I know there was a thread similar, but the focus was not the same. I am trying to dispel the myth of the outrageous ratios. I could not find any threads on that subject.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Hmm, I could have sworn I had read something exactly like the OP, but I guess I'm wrong. Sorry. Carry on. lol

9. TheBlackBlur

TheBlackBlur Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +42
    Ive seen this myth being said and unless it removes gay people, old people and people who prefer to e single it will never be able to be used as a legit excuse.

10. Chaya Chaim

Chaya Chaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +269
    Easu lies like his father the devil Cain a murderer from the barit/genesis /beginning when he slew Abel /Abul

Israeli unity hasn't died, easu can't break us all...Remember the prophet Sal/Paul said Yahawah never forsaken us