Black Spirituality Religion : Are there Many Gods or One God with many Names?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by frankster, Mar 27, 2015.

1. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    In other words is there One religion but is expressed differently because of culture and history by the practitioners.
    What then is the real purpose of religion and the worship of God/s?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :SuN020:send me $300 and i'll tell you the answer.....

3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Dang Pastor james... how you gonna snatch the offering from Creflo?

I'll do one better though, send me $250, and I'll find a way that you can ask them for yourself.
    But it might be a one way trip, and you'll have to sign a waiver.

Serious response though...
    Is God, God, and if religion was created by man to represent the adoration of God, does God know about it?

Four church girls were in the basement of a church when radical and evil racists felt the desire to bomb it.
    Were they praying to God, were they playing and having fun with God in their presence, did they use the wrong name for God?

upload_2015-3-27_17-29-7.png

One girl survived the bombing, Sarah Collins. Maybe she survived so she could share a testimony that only she could tell.

Sarah Collins Rudolph tells Tri-C audience she forgives 1963 church bombers
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/02/sarah_collins_rudolph.html

Who knows why or how a sacred place and assembly area that we think of the church to be (aside from the wolves in Sheeps' clothing and pulpit pimps) could not protect those young children.

Could it have been her God that protected her, one of many Gods, or something else?
    And if so, why weren't the other four girls protected or shielded if they too were sharing in the same representation of adoration of the same God.

But the question one asks is one I have considered quite often, until the question of "How does one recognize God, or a God"... through actions, or through inspirations?

Does God (or do Gods) concern itself (or themselves) with semantics, or does God (or do Gods) find more appreciation in what we do to, and how we think about others?

If I kill my brother, will God (or Gods) be pondering if I used their name correctly?

Allah, Yahova, Olorun, Yahoo, Elohim, etc... in these forms there are reasonable similarities.

Ka Ba Allah for instance is a form of sacred (not necessarily secret) understanding of life forces and energies.
    Yohewah said to have been what some the indigenous people of the lands, now called the Americas, once used to refer to one of their represented deity.

Cultures from distances apart have interestingly similar customs and traditions as well, even though they connect or associate themselves with legends and stories that differ some on other levels.

Is this because they pick up on the natural elements of life, or is this because they have within them similar consciousnesses that exhibit traits and ideas from common ancestors?

Either way, God could be a God that contains many Gods with many names that represent it.
    The world may never know

4. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    RAPTOR made an excellent thread regarding this. Dear believer:Why do you believe? The video is good, and it gives some great things to think about. It is very similar to your question.