Black People : Are there higher and lower pleasures?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African_Prince, Oct 4, 2010.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Most people, I think, would respond 'yes' but think before you do. I'm using 'pleasure' interchangeably with 'happiness' as an umbrella term for all positive, desirable emotions (sexual pleasure, love, the pleasure that comes from good music, food, video games etc.). If you argue that some pleasures are intrinsically 'higher' than other pleasures, like John Stuart Mill did, you have to base this distinction on something other than the pleasurable-ness of pleasure (since saying that one form of pleasure is more pleasurable than another is like saying one shade of blue is more blue than another, there are quantitative degrees of blueness but all shades of blue are equally blue). You might consider some pleasures to be more 'noble' or 'appropriate' than others but can any be considered more pleasurable?

Intuitively I feel that some pleasures are 'higher' than others but I'm not sure if this can be logically defended. There's no doubt in my mind that the pleasurable-ness of love and feeling connected to others is more intense and durable than the pleasurable-ness of food (and probably necessarily so) but I can't see how it can be considered qualitatively better. If it was somehow possible to feel love that wasn't pleasurable, why would it be 'good' to feel that love, if it wasn't a pleasurable feeling?

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    What is almost as pleasuable as giving a sister toe curling multiple orgasms, is giving an elder a wholistic protocol, and practitioner for their long ailment and see them come back to you with a smile of relief from much suffered pain,
    or haveing young Black men and women just come up to you in their SUVs ,
    in front of your house and show you photos of their wives, husbands and children, years later after you have done what you were able to to turn their lives around and away from the streets and crimeing

3. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    I agree it can't be logically defended.

You have to be "love", to understand

it's the point where unconditional takes form

u just have to know that the feeling is real, to feel it

people think that i'm crazy, and to most i appear to be, but to not know is clinically insane thru my eyes

blue is blue however the degrees still vary... it appears by the amount it rejects... so the concept is balance, which blue in midway.. or the concept of centered

chaotic and many thoughts at one time is the concept of existence, many logical thoughts also exist within the chaos, but the fact remains logic is still just thinking one thought at a time

the female elements vibrate faster, but without slower vibrations all there is, is unformed inspiration

Love is a pace maker

Joy is a constant, knowing not necessarily God's plan for you.. humility is more of a connection with God that you can be trusted to exist on behalf of

peace is giving god eternal rest everything continues to project, creation is endless.... but vibrations are important...

paradise is created when God/Goddess vibrations match naturally, and not produced

it's a pleasure to be in the present with God, and know it, even if he don't.

Patience a virtue...

knowing and not applying is mature....

a prophet is a master in the illusion of time.... forward then backward... until there is no more forward time to manipulate...

so u find someone who has vision of future and u manipulate their future mind..

once in

well

forgiven

is the only word for the death that i feel, yet the absence of the wish to die

when your hero falls

which is impossible because

that's the only love i've know

because it's god' consciousness

but i was aiming for awareness

and even tho a last attempt would be known to fail, he still masterminded

the execution

and nah it can never be logically fixed

forgiveness has always been divine

honor is loyalty to God...... god knows and i know, and for me that's a majority

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    points well made as i agree

5. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    what was set into motion, will not come to pass

the bullet always leaves, before there is even a target

so u've seen the target

and can't call the bullet back, but some are bullet proof, so the motion returns to the sender

intent always returns to sender, karma, unless ....... change is truly desired, in the heart, not in the words, but it the heart

this is where GOD is felt

really we don't have to "do" anything

action is really undefined

...ing at the end of a "word" assigns the value "act of"

creation is presently happening......

many points make up the point, and the point is creation

the point is Love, and the message is Love

6. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    I'm not sure there really are higher and lower pleasures - I mean taking up on Ankhur's theme, yes satisfying a guy totally physically is definitely a pleasure and helping an old couple do their shopping by carrying their stuff back to their apartment is also a definite pleasure, but I don't see why one of those should be considered higher than the other - they are both gaining pleasure by doing something for somebody else. Too often anything to do with sex is always classed as lower, but God created sex in the same way he created empathy for older folk.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I like the way you put that

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    so in reality there is no high and low when it comes to pleasure,
    no matter how you look at it pleasure is pleasure in a divine way !

9. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    exactly

but the one who defines the "pleasure" stays on the "level" where their particular pleasure is meaningful to them

lust is a thirst of flesh, and love is a thirst of spirit, and neither is above or below the other

same as heaven appears to be above hell, but many spiritual teachers know otherwise

GOD doesn't judge us, we form our own opinions or we take the word of someone else

I feel compassion toward the world because everyone is a traitor to their own identity

those who know and don't change should watch out

for themself

those who don't remember because of the appearance of time, i pity

people don't remember the causes of their own illness'

this is different "languages" and inability to "communicate" no matter how well versed writing appears to be

the cause of an illness has the knowledge of the solution also

like Mind for example is unconditional Love, but the healing for that is GOD, so I'm gonna stick with GOD, and what I feel GOD has shown me for me

I accept my condition, and reject the world, and so it appears to exist through my physical eyes, but I know that I'm still inside of GOD's womb.....

she got the whole world in here womb, until

the beat goes boom

now thaz heat

:)

10. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i would say there is...not everything brings the same level of joy to the respective individual