Law Forum : Are There Any Solutions to the Gun Violence Problem In the Black Community?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
What's the Solution to Gun Violence in America?
Parsing the robust (if seemingly gridlocked) debate

A&Q is a special series that inverts the classic Q&A, taking some of the most frequently posed solutions to pressing matters of policy and exploring their complexity.

Updated on April 27, 2016, at 10:10 p.m.

Any American with even a glancing familiarity with the news can rattle off the progression, a litany of place names transformed from cities and towns into metonyms for gun violence: San Bernardino, Colorado Springs, Umpqua, Charleston, Fort Hood, Navy Yard, Sandy Hook, Aurora …. That doesn’t even take into account the thousands Americans killed by guns in single-death murders, or the roughly 21,000 who take their own lives with firearms annually.

The many shootings have produced a robust (if seemingly gridlocked) debate about how to stop gun violence.

Read more

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/whats-the-solution-to-gun-violence/462537/

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
This Video Debunks The Myth Of ‘Black On Black Crime’

There are many sayings about Black communities that go unquestioned. One of the most prominent ones is the term “Black on Black crime.” In a new video, The Root is showing exactly why the myth of “Black on Black crime” is completely out of step with the historical racism and segregation that created and diminished many predominantly Black communities in the first place.

Read more
http://blackyouthproject.com/this-video-debunks-the-myth-of-black-on-black-crime/

freddie419

Banned
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK
Lets look at how felons manage to get hold of guns...it's not rocket science, they STEAL them.
Once armed with a STOLEN gun they have the upper hand against someone that is NOT armed.

LMBAO about the debunking of Black on Black crime video...****, what led you to search for that video?.

Your second amendment says it all -- you all have the right to bear arms therefore it's going to be your weapon
of choice to settle an arguments...quit crying ffs. Here where I am only criminals have guns.

If someone enters my house uninvited and I use deadly force I'm going to jail ffs.

Last edited:

freddie419

Banned
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK
I'm sure Obama was never opposed to hand gun permits in Chicago IL. Imho Obama was opposed to assault weapons
on the streets of Chicago and rightly so. However, the NRA ran with it and claimed Obama aimed to take away
your hand guns.

So the solution in the US is allow every citizen the right to carry a concealed hand gun.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Al D Africa : Small Pharma in Africa working towards solutions to counterfeit drugs All Things Africa 0
B Black Education / Schools : Mental Health and Well-Being by Design: Leveraging and Scaling High Impact Solutions to Support Comm Black Education / Schools 0
RAPTOR Black People : Obama's Ferguson Commission a Joke: Why Liberal Proposals and "Solutions" Don't Cut It Black People Open Forum 0
R Black People : brany and ray j mom does interview about family problems and solutions Black People Open Forum 0
ManicRaider Black People : Are there any sites or real life programs that deal with solutions to our problems? Black People Open Forum 43
kamau makesi-tehuti Black People : 'Mixed race' Afrikans -historical implications & proscriptive solutions Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : A Time for Solutions, Where is the Creativity? Black People Open Forum 3
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : SOLUTIONS - Dexter Wansel Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : ELITIST SOLUTIONS are no solutions for the Grassroots Community Black People Open Forum 3
W Black People : Symptoms, Reasons, Solutions (3) Black People Open Forum 0
W Black People : Symptoms, Reasons and Solutions (2) Black People Open Forum 0
W Black People : Symptoms, Reasons, Consequences, Solutions Black People Open Forum 6
Knowledge Seed Black People : Real Solutions to Our Problems Black People Open Forum 2
P Black People : Reprogram Your Subconscious! SOLUTIONS. Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Black People : While the Black community is Facing hell does any one have any Solutions? Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : Proposal for a Solutions Only week on Destee Black People Open Forum 45
chuck Black People : Our Issues/Our Problems: Your Solutions? Black People Open Forum 6
abdurratln Black Events : Seeking Joint Solutions Show Black Events 0
Ankhur Black People : Global Black Poverty / Plans and solutions needed Now!! Black People Open Forum 5
A Black People : "Brainstorming" For Solutions Black People Open Forum 142
Full Speed Black People : Brainstorming for collective goals & solutions Black People Open Forum 19
P Black People : Any solutions to the problems we see in our community? Black People Open Forum 12
cherryblossom Suggestions For Solutions Forum Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
cherryblossom Black People : 50 Solutions To The Black Dilemma Black People Open Forum 218
Blackbird Black People : Solutions Now Black People Open Forum 5
T Black People : Solutions Now! Black People Open Forum 21
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Sowing the Seeds of Solutions Chief Elder Osiris 0
S Black People : SOLUTIONS..... Black People Open Forum 27
A Black Spirituality Religion : SOLUTIONS TO PHILOSOPHICAL PROBLEMS... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
O Black Poetry : PROBLEMS ? / SOLUTIONS ? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
F Destee Network : NLN International:...No Problems, Just Solutions! Destee Network : 1
imhotep06 Law Forum : Are there any black gun groups here in Philly? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Angela22 Gun Ownership : If You Don't Like Guns, Does It Make Sense to Own a Gun? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : El Paso, Dayton, Chicago: Media doesn't treat all gun violence the same Black People Open Forum 0
Ndugu Law Forum : How will the new Federal Gun Laws effect, Black folks seeking to use their 2 Amendment Rights?? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Perfection Law Forum : In Context Series: Where the Guns Come from-- The Gun Industry and Gun Commerce Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Queenie Law Forum : Black people and gun ownership Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Texas pastor says he'll now carry gun while preaching Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Fine1952 Black People : Darren Wilson Just Admitted He LIED About Michael Brown Trying To Take His Gun Black People Open Forum 2
Senegal Law Forum : Lady Gun Owners Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Shootout mannequin challenge leads to gun, marijuana arrests Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Damaris Sheldon Gun Ownership : Gun Ownership? Do You & Why? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Liberty Black People : Sundiata Cha-Jua/Real Talk: Breaking the cycle of gun violence in the black community Black People Open Forum 3
Liberty Gun Ownership : Gun Control Around the World: A Primer Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 14
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : gun-toting-hate-group-outnumbered-at-texas-mosque-by-armed-worshipers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
ManicRaider Black Entertainment : Should I give my black characters a no gun rule? Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black People : [Data Visualization]The racial divide on gun deaths in America Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : End Gun Violence Black Sports 0
Enki The Police : Cop Shoots 2Yr Old Black Baby After Mistaking Pacifier for Gun Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Kemetstry Law Forum : GUN CONTROL? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0