Black Spirituality Religion : Are There Any Similaities Beween KMT and Yoruba?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
We speak a lot about KMT and Ifa. But I've never seen anyone talk about their similarities (if I've missed previous discussions. please direct me to them). Since they are both part of our African heritage, , you'd think they'd be side by side like Greco-Roman society. I'm particularly interested in any influences KMT may have had on the orisha, the odu and/or the cosmology of Yoruba. Linguistic similarities are useful as well.

We speak a lot about KMT and Ifa. But I've never seen anyone talk about their similarities (if I've missed previous discussions. please direct me to them). Since they are both part of our African heritage, , you'd think they'd be side by side like Greco-Roman society. I'm particularly interested in any influences KMT may have had on the orisha, the odu and/or the cosmology of Yoruba. Linguistic similarities are useful as well.

http://m.modernghana.com/mobile/321997/1/who-are-the-yorubas-where-did-they-come-from-and-w.html

If you study the so called Nilo Saharan languages you will find they extend into the Niger River Valley, and it is possible that some of the people who are considered Yoruba, Igbo, etc inhabited the Chadic Basin during the Green Sahara, out migrated then later returned to ancestral lands in the West (Amenta).

This is why I reject the classification of Sub Saharan Africa. There is evidence of Trans Saharan and Trans Sahelian trade and cultural groups, more proper in relation to groups who migrated from Nubia proper, which experienced disruption of cultural continuity as result of Egyptian raids into Kerma/Nubia during reigns of Ahmose, Thuthmose III and Ramesses III.

The Pan Graves at Kerma are result of Thuthmose III campaigns, and with sacking of Kerma, this caused a dispersal to the Western Sudan.

The link below had a map of the Sahel and it stretched from the Red Sea to the Ethiopic (Atlantis) Ocean. In antiquity, the was an aquatic region when the Nile flowed from East to West, and it is what fueled the African Spice, Gold and Salt trades as well as the rise of pastoralism, from Beribah to ancient Ghana down to Kongo.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahel

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back