Black Spirituality Religion : Are the Occult Sciences Static

"...but I’ve been studying from a science background the past couple of years and ‘negative’ energy is just another facet of this life and is actually respected by me. I guess since they don’t like negative energy, they don’t like electricity either (I get particularly irked when I hear females say this). If you study occult sciences, are female, and have a disdain for ‘negative’ energy, won’t this affect you subconsciously somewhere??… The female is aligned with the negative pole."

Excellent point brother 9EtherAlchemist! You can't conveniently divide things into positive/negative. Throughout history, women have always been accused of being of the negative energy. But women create life, so how can this be? My own spiritual system is guilty of this. I can always tell the relative age of a given verse of Odu by what it says about women. When they are venerated, respected, and yes, feared, when their power is acknowledged, i know it is an older Odu verse. When it talks about witches, etc. I know it is a younger verse.
I don't believe the idea that positive-negative are congruent with male-female. That's crap. As I stated in a previous post, whatever we can imagine ourselves doing as the ultimate act of good, we are equally capable of an act of evil of equal magnitude. In Ifa, this idea is expressed in eleiye, the Mothers. so the idea of unity is there. But in the typical fashion of male domination, it becomes ascribed only to females, or at least that they are more prone to evil. For instance, in Ifa it is believed by many that altthough there are male "witches," the female ones are more prone to acts of evil. It is said that a "witch would kill her own offspring, but a male "witch" wouldn't.
The unity of positive-negative is not understood or at least accepted by most.

ase

THANATOS

I"LL TAKE A STAB (LMAOOO) AT THIS ONE. PEEP IT! THERE IS NO SUCH THINGS AS POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE. MANY OF THESE CORRELATION THAT CAME TO HUMANS WAS USE FOR THEM TO HAVE SIMPLE UNDERSTANDING OF THINGS. A EXAMPLE WOULD BE THE EXOTERIC AND ESOTERIC OF THINGS LIKE RELIGION. THE HUMAN MIND IS SO CHILD-LIKE AND WANTING TO KNOW THINGS WITHOUT A FULL GRASP OF THINGS, THESE SIMPLE OPPOSITE WAS GIVEN WHICH IN SMALLNESS CONTAIN TRUTH BUT NOTA FULL OVERVIEW OF THINGS.

DARKSIDE MAGICK -- ON TO THE NEXT ONE...FREEZE!

THANATOS

I"LL TAKE A STAB (LMAOOO) AT THIS ONE. PEEP IT! THERE IS NO SUCH THINGS AS POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE. MANY OF THESE CORRELATION THAT CAME TO HUMANS WAS USE FOR THEM TO HAVE SIMPLE UNDERSTANDING OF THINGS. A EXAMPLE WOULD BE THE EXOTERIC AND ESOTERIC OF THINGS LIKE RELIGION. THE HUMAN MIND IS SO CHILD-LIKE AND WANTING TO KNOW THINGS WITHOUT A FULL GRASP OF THINGS, THESE SIMPLE OPPOSITE WAS GIVEN WHICH IN SMALLNESS CONTAIN TRUTH BUT NOTA FULL OVERVIEW OF THINGS.

DARKSIDE MAGICK -- ON TO THE NEXT ONE...FREEZE!

Exactly. The problem then arises that when you dumb it down, that the dumbed dowm version gets taken literally and becomes truth.

1. If it is an energetic thing of people questioning life, where is the ‘New Age Movement’ (the sociological and the commercial) in India or Africa. Why here in the U.S.???

2. Why isn’t there a collage of books and commercial sensationalism on practicing Buddha consciousness or Confucius consciousness rather than Christ consciousness

3. If you study occult sciences, are female, and have a disdain for ‘negative’ energy, won’t this affect you subconsciously somewhere??… The female is aligned with the negative pole.

4. Does asking /offering something of/to the universe make your askings/offerings/intentions/ritual weaker than asking a specific deity??

QUOTE]

Hey brotha 9EtherAlchemist, I'd like to take a stab at your questions.

1. It isn't happening in those other places because "New Age" is just an attempt to appropriate eastern knowledge without referencing the source. same ol' song and dance. It works here because of the inherent weakness of the western tradition.

2. Pure marketing, no real conspiracy in my opinion. They are selling to Christians, since the majority of the market is Christian.

3. Even all these new age gurus have no understanding of universal energy. So you have all these middle aged women, dissatisfied with the way their lives have turned out, looking for answers. They are being marketed to by new age, supposedly female empowering "paths," that rip off from different philosophies, i.e. wiccan, native american, african, hoodoo, etc. and package it for consumption by women in search of their feminine power. It's sad and sick. anyways, they (these so-caled gurus) don't have a clue, hence the glaring contradiction you have pointed out regarding negative energy.

4. "The Universe" is new age nonsense, code for YT's God. I am a universalist in the sense that I believe there are many effective methodologies to spiritual enlightenment and growth. But I think it is efficient to decide on one theology and use its methods, to better focus your energy. forget about "the universe."

I look forward to reading other's opinions.

ase

1. If it is an energetic thing of people questioning life, where is the ‘New Age Movement’ (the sociological and the commercial) in India or Africa. Why here in the U.S.???

2. Why isn’t there a collage of books and commercial sensationalism on practicing Buddha consciousness or Confucius consciousness rather than Christ consciousness

3. If you study occult sciences, are female, and have a disdain for ‘negative’ energy, won’t this affect you subconsciously somewhere??… The female is aligned with the negative pole.

4. Does asking /offering something of/to the universe make your askings/offerings/intentions/ritual weaker than asking a specific deity??

QUOTE]

Hey brotha 9EtherAlchemist, I'd like to take a stab at your questions.

1. It isn't happening in those other places because "New Age" is just an attempt to appropriate eastern knowledge without referencing the source. same ol' song and dance. It works here because of the inherent weakness of the western tradition.

2. Pure marketing, no real conspiracy in my opinion. They are selling to Christians, since the majority of the market is Christian.

3. Even all these new age gurus have no understanding of universal energy. So you have all these middle aged women, dissatisfied with the way their lives have turned out, looking for answers. They are being marketed to by new age, supposedly female empowering "paths," that rip off from different philosophies, i.e. wiccan, native american, african, hoodoo, etc. and package it for consumption by women in search of their feminine power. It's sad and sick. anyways, they (these so-caled gurus) don't have a clue, hence the glaring contradiction you have pointed out regarding negative energy.

4. "The Universe" is new age nonsense, code for YT's God. I am a universalist in the sense that I believe there are many effective methodologies to spiritual enlightenment and growth. But I think it is efficient to decide on one theology and use its methods, to better focus your energy. forget about "the universe."

I look forward to reading other's opinions.

ase

THANATOS

BEAUTIFUL POST.....NEW AGE IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back