Black Spirituality Religion : Are the Occult Sciences Static

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by 9EtherAlchemist, Nov 9, 2009.

1. 9EtherAlchemist

9EtherAlchemist Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Are the occult sciences static or do they evolve?

Has the ‘stress’ of multiple rearrangements/additions from other cultures made these sciences stronger???

Is the New Age movement closely tied in or even an esoteric spin off of Christianity?
    Many references are made to angels from the Bible in regards to energy or meditative work.
    The sought after ‘Christ’ consciousness.
    The New Age movement really exploding in the U.S. a predominately Christian nation so it is said.

Why is the New Age movement exploding in the U.S?
    Is it because it is the newest ‘world/country’ albeit it has help from technology and capitalism?

Does asking /offering something of/to the universe make your askings/offerings/intentions/ritual weaker than asking a specific deity??

2. 9EtherAlchemist

Ratings:
    +16
  3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

9EtherAlchemist,

Are we working with the same understanding of occult sciences, New Age movement? For example, this wave is not all that new:

The idea of Occult Science appears in 19th century occultism, especially Theosophy, including:
    • Blavatsky (who distinguished it from the "true Occultism" of Theosophy);
    • Rudolf Steiner, whose Occult Science, a sequel to his earlier work Theosophy, deals with the evolution of the human being and the cosmos, as well as referring to the attainment of supersensible knowledge;
    • Alice Bailey, who brought the idea of occult science into association with esoteric astrology; and in
    • The 20th century New Age movement.
    • Harold_W._Percival, Joined the Theosophical Society in 1892. After the death of William Q. Judge in 1896, organized the Theosophical Society Independent and then wrote Thinking and Destiny which covers in plan terms the purpose of the universe and occult meanings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult_science

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    OCCULT SCIENCES ARE AS OLD AS THE PLANET AND OLDER, BUT FOLKS WHO ASK THESE KINDS OF QUESTIONS ARE THE KIND OF FOLKS WITH ALL DUE RESPECT WHO ASK IS GEOMETRY, CALCULUS, AND ASTRONOMY STATIC.

THERE ARE TOOLS AND RULES

THE IMAGINATION AND CREATIVITY USES THEM OR ABUSES THEM FOR BETTER OR WORSE

5. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    I COULD NEVER CONSIDER OCCULT SCIENCE.....STATIC OF ANY KIND....

IT'S TOO INFORMATIVE & TOO POWERFUL TO BE IGNORED....AND OF COURSE IT EVOLVED.....DOESN'T ALL POSITIVE MANIFESTATIONS ??

YES....THE ADDITIONS HAVE MADE IT STRONGER.....NO DOUBT

NO.....I DON'T BELIEVE THE NEW AGE MOVEMENT IS A SPIN OFF OF CHRISTIANITY.....THOUGH I DO BELIEVE THE CREATOR HAS A PURPOSE AND A PERMANENT PLACE FOR THIS....

THE NEW AGE MOVEMENT IS EXPLODING BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP.....IN MY OPINION....

ASKING FOR ANYTHING FROM THE CREATOR IS A PERSONAL THING.....IT SHOULD NOT BE AMPLIFIED IN MY OPINION....REGARDLESS HOW CARING , LOVING , UNDERSTANDING....& UNSELFISH THAT PERSON IS....

AND THE SAME GOES FOR SHARING.......BECAUSE VANITY CAN CONSUME...

WARRIOR

6. 44Reasons

44Reasons Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Do I believe that Occult Sciences are Satanic? No Do I believe that the new age movement is hiding Christianity which is modern day satanism? Yes. I just could wrap my head around the idea of a new thought with an old belief system, like why should I believe in Christ and his gang of mischievous thieves when they are the cause for most of the worlds problems so to speak. I see it like this any book, website or article that mentions or tells me to ask Jesus and his dirty group for guidance should not be taken seriously. Here is what I do I just remove the name Jesus or whatever and put Gaia or my patron Loa since I am studying Voudon currently, I even go as far as asking myself(higher self) since I am a Dark God in my own right.

The Occult Sciences are'nt evil just Abrahamatic religions. Oh, and on another note why is everybody using caps like the Darkside today. Just some food for thought....:qqb006:

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    the question was were they static, not satanic

8. 44Reasons

44Reasons Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Oh, if that's the case then no these Sciences are not static cause you can take what you learned and put your own spin on it since learning these Sciences is all about personal development anyway. A good example is dreams, when you have a dream it is such a personal experience that it cannot be shared same thing for deja vu, no spirit is the same and when it comes to books take everything like a grain of salt. Never apply what you read as written cause you never know what those chants or sigils can carry. This is just like any other Science and will evolve over time while at the same time carrying the underlying principles or foundations that brought it to be.

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

9EtherAlchemist,

This bump tells me that you are serious about the topic and thread, and maybe you cannot locate it now; after all, things are hard to find, until you get use to the forum.

10. 9EtherAlchemist

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the responses Warrior, Ankhur, Clyde, and 44. Ankhur and Clyde seemed to have taken my questions as if I don’t have my own answers, so I’ll clarify some things from my original post in hopes of minimizing any confusion and to get answers more specific to what I’m asking.

I am asking these questions to compare/contrast the answers with my own thoughts or opinions on the subject so as to refine or clarify my thoughts or opinions.

I use occult as an umbrella term, which I at the time include the esoteric versions of religion.

Some people just seemed so panicked and angry by the Europeans having their cultural version of our esoteric sciences and using it. They act surprised when they notice some subliminal message hand sign or symbol on T.V., but are usually watching a lot of T.V. themselves. They say they are interested in studying the sciences themselves, but tend to do more white-folk-bashing than anything. For the record, I do think the occult sciences evolve too. So my question is why all the panic about them interpreting it their own way (if that is just one facet of it). They have stolen other things too but these people are not fretting about those things. If it does evolve or is fluid/the same in any direction why not just study the one you’re interested in instead of fretting.

This is important to me in my mind because some people want to understand astrology. Now western astrology is more widely available to study, but there are those who are adamant in studying the Kemetic version. For instance, I have a fair amount of knowledge of western astrology to understand the traits of the signs and the general effects of planets in certain houses or under certain signs. But because I use western astrology as my reference point, I found it hard to understand astrology better from an acquaintance because he used the Kemetic zodiac and refused to acknowledge the western zodiac even to the point of not showing me the Kemetic equivalents of the western signs. So if changes make the sciences stronger, why so bullheaded about working with another system (especially if I am seeking to get back to the original)????

Some folks I’ve come across stating to be into metaphysics seems to argue certain metaphysical principals only when it agrees with their perception (maybe that’s the beauty of these sciences?) for example: let’s say I got something stolen from me. That person would argue I was sending off some ‘victim vibes’ or projecting a scarcity mindset and it was meant to be (karma even).. but if he were to get something stolen from himself he would argue it was an injustice done to him and Maat will punish the wrongdoer. This same person also perceived my study of these sciences as lustful because he himself was not studying them at my age. He said that Egyptian Mysteries stated that a person without coming of age initiations is not conscious until 27. I’m assuming he used this piece of information to interpret my interest as lust (this is the same one who wouldn’t help me understand the Kemetic zodiac). I knew another person who had an interest in Buddhism, but steals (he is familiar with karma). I ran into someone who said he was a Knight of Pythian in the past, but now in an ATR. He said the Council of Nicea never happened and that people telling that story are spreading lies. I am unsure if he came across this view in the Knights or the ATR.

So I wanted to know the opinions of others of why I am attracting people who seem to show inconsistencies in their understanding/practice of these sciences. I wanted to find a face-to-face group that I can ask and learn about these things with, but this is what I’m initially getting.

When I wrote about the New Age Movement in my last post I was speaking more of the commercial availability of occult information rather than a cultural/sociological type of perspective where more people are questioning life’s mysteries. For instance: Oprah challenging Christian perspectives on national television, all these books coming out telling people about mental science, books out teaching people about intention and energy. While I have noticed people asking questions I am still suspicious of some of the intentions and availability of the information because the most ‘popular’ of this esoteric information seems to be packaged as Christian ready. The most commercially visible and viable is built to transition a Christian. I am aware of people offering paths to Sufi or Buddhism, but it is still common to find these latter paths more holistic and teaching things out of the Bible. Whereas most of the ‘popular’ ish seems to just be dabbling into the sciences (and acknowledge nothing of other religions/spiritual systems other than Christianity).
    It alarms me because back in my religion days I saw a lot of persecution like behavior because of difference of religions. Now since I am in a supposed majority Christian nation that may be why I came across most of this behavior from Christians. The people that I spoke of earlier were Christians growing up and they still seem to have some ‘church’ ways about them. All in all, I am saying that it seems to me we’re switching the curriculum (exoteric religion to esoteric spirituality), but that is all that is changing with most who are said to be interested in these sciences (now I know I don’t know everybody, so saying most is kinda far stretched, but this is what I have observed up close). If it is a matter of me needing more world experience, then one of my ways of doing that is being on this forum.

If it is an energetic thing of people questioning life, where is the ‘New Age Movement’ (the sociological and the commercial) in India or Africa. Why here in the U.S.??? I’ve read articles over the past couple of years stating that the numbers of Christians are dwindling. A lot of this chakra and feng shui stuff is pretty popular for it to not be mainstream. Why isn’t there a collage of books and commercial sensationalism on practicing Buddha consciousness or Confucius consciousness rather than Christ consciousness (I am not implying any correlation of Confucius with feng shui). Is it simply a matter of marketability? Could there be some foul play involved with the intent of getting people involved with esoteric knowledge who may do harm to themselves or others, or just make it more difficult to discern between those who have been seeking the esoteric sciences for some time and those that are in it because of something they were introduced to in a book club??

If there are people who are showing an interest because of a book club, I wouldn’t necessarily knock that process. I mean that’s one of the unwritten (or written) rules, that everybody’s path is different. It only really becomes a problem, for me, when I come across others who may have been put in a position to teach these sciences or are volunteering their help, but are throwing situations at me like the above mentioned situations I experienced.

On a side note, you have folks running around saying they don’t want to be around ‘negative’ people and don’t want anything to do with ‘negative’ energy. While I understand they are using negative to mean certain unpleasant emotions or behaviors, most seem to mean it as ABSOULTLY as possible. If they see someone a little broke, or angry, or whatever they act like these people are demons. With this law of attraction bull****, people have now demonized these traits or energies. I guess it’s easy for them, but I’ve been studying from a science background the past couple of years and ‘negative’ energy is just another facet of this life and is actually respected by me. I guess since they don’t like negative energy, they don’t like electricity either (I get particularly irked when I hear females say this). If you study occult sciences, are female, and have a disdain for ‘negative’ energy, won’t this affect you subconsciously somewhere??… The female is aligned with the negative pole.

Does asking /offering something of/to the universe make your askings/offerings/intentions/ritual weaker than asking a specific deity?? I asked this because I heard a blogtalk radio program where Bobby Hemmitt said this and was wondering what other’s experience has been like. He said using ‘the universe’ instead of a specific deity is too general and can leave any entity to come and fill in for ‘the universe’.

On an end note, I just wanted to add that I am also on this forum to practice explaining and expressing myself more. Speaking/expressing myself doesn’t come naturally to me so I try and take my time explaining myself. Thanks again to everyone who did reply.