Black Education / Schools : Are teachers giving 100%?

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker

What a terrible Question. It really is impossible to answer. If I say yes or if I say No, I'm guilty of making a sweeping generalization that couldn't possibly be true. And what would be the point of that? However, your question does spill a bit of light onto one of the real problems: Over-simplification .

Ask anybody what we should do, and they'll tell you. Everybody has a plan. The School district is always asking for INPUT from us Parents. My reply is always the same: "Ask the teachers." What do I know about Classroom management or curriculum? Why are you asking me? What is it about having a baby that makes me qualified to advise trained professionals on what they should do in the classroom? I may not have even graduated high school myself, and you're asking me? The question, I usually ask the District is, "Why don't you listen to your Teachers?" I want to know what the teachers think we should do.Not the always-defensive Teacher's Union --the Teachers themselves (anonymously if need be).

Once we have that from those closest to the problem, we can begin the process of figuring out how to make it all happen. I believe in supporting the teachers but I also believe in holding them accountable for their performance. BUT , if we are going to hold them accountable, we need to make sure they have everything they need to be successful-- EVERYTHING.

To Parents: Are we really willing to do the work?

Are we really willing to re-configure our lives around the education of our children? Are we really willing to sacrafice our time and money and energy? Are we really willing to read the statutes? Attend the meetings? take the time to understand the issues? To do all of the things necessary to formulate informed opinions that actually move the dialogue forward (instead of backward). I can always depend on some un-informed parent to stand up at a school meeting and say something completely off-point (and just wrong.) " George Bush don't care about black people!". I just want to say:"What? This is an Elementary School meeting, George Bush aint here. We're talking about how to boost achievment right here, right now and you're talking about George Bush."

SIDEBAR: Union organizations lump everyone in a particular profession together; making it impossible to discern the good workers from the bad workers. It's this lumping-together that makes it impossible for the top Teachers to get what they deserve. I think Teachers unions should have at least two tiers; A Standard Tier and an Above Standard tier. Membership in the top tier should not be based on time-served and should not be permanent (maybe 3 years per term). Teachers in the top tier should receive more money, more prestige and more responsibility (nothing that would take away from their teaching).

personally i believe some are n some aren't....the position has evolved now....teachers are better suited having some sort of consueling experience incoporated into their education because the kids now are worse n bring a lot more issues with them. I feel the same way for parents & this once i can vouch personally for. a good associate of mine's mother has seemingly in a way given up on her son and this i know of frm tlking to her abt him.

the educational system is a mess a sham

I am a teacher and teachers can only give a 100% in left over ways, no more, no less. In other words, teachers are put into the classes to help society program the children and if you are a teacher who disagrees with that concept, you will be a miserable teacher who is only teaching because that is your field and you need to get paid. How I give a 100% is in left over ways, I do what I can to empower the parents to make the right choices for their own children, I tell them how to meet with the principle, what questions to ask etc. I also assist parents with their child's after school needs.

The question should not be do teachers give 100% because most teachers who teach love children and want to give children their best. The question should be, does the school system give children 100%?

Workinprocess

Why should they have to give 100%. Aren't they supposed to have lives?

The problem is the educational system is designed more to INDOCTRINATE than Educate.

What would be so difficult about creating a National Recommended Reading List? Why couldn't that have been started decades ago? The system is designed to CONTROL how much kids know and not teach them what they NEED TO KNOW. Anybody can call me a racist if they want. I don't care. The only reason I trust White people to tell me the time of day is because it is so easy to check.

I say that is not racist because I have caught White people hiding important information form other White people so often it is ridiculous. That is the way their so called culture works. Knowledge is just something else for them to play power games with. I can understand kids being bored out of their skulls with school and being ignorant even when they get straight A's. We should have created a reading list long ago and not depend on them for EDUCATION.

I could have been told about this in high school but I only learned about it a couple of years ago.

The Tyranny of Words (1938) by Stuart Chase
http://korzybskifiles.blogspot.com/2010/12/tyranny-of-words-1938.html

I read most of Korzybski's book. It was a struggle.

But now we have cheap computers and there are public domain books:

Black Man's Burden by Mack Reynolds
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/4826/black-man-s-burden

I think Black Americans concentrate on SCHOOLING and assume that is EDUCATION but it mostly gives the palefaces an opportunity to design a system to psychologically condition and sabotage Black kids. It is really funny to read all the White people have to say about how bad the schools are for the White kids but Black Americans still believe in the system more than Whites do.

um

I would like to raise the point that many teachers are hampered by the bureaucracy of educational institutions.

If you are a teacher who goes renegade with the curriculum, you are out.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/

So with an institution, it is more about conformity (and budgets ($$$)) than education.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back