Black People : Are religious people really what they are cracked up to be?

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Suppose a person is interested in making new friends, or looking for a romantic relationship to get in, and religion or a certain brand of faith comes up in terms of one of the person's standards are that they must go to church a lot, and be very religious, and if they do not fit that criteria then it is automatically a deal breaker. My question is which one do you feel is more acceptable or reasonable to you or in general a) a religious person with a dark spirit, sick mind and heartless, judgemental and uptight or b) a non-religious person who has a free spirit, clear mind, a heart of gold, realizes no one is perfect, and laid back? If you was dating someone and they are very nice and have all of the qualities you are looking for except the religion part, how would you handle that? and no i am not putting down religious people whatsoever because I am sure there are religious people with wonderful personalities as well. However, this set up I have described does exist.

Suppose a person is interested in making new friends, or looking for a romantic relationship to get in, and religion or a certain brand of faith comes up in terms of one of the person's standards are that they must go to church a lot, and be very religious, and if they do not fit that criteria then it is automatically a deal breaker. My question is which one do you feel is more acceptable or reasonable to you or in general a) a religious person with a dark spirit, sick mind and heartless, judgemental and uptight or b) a non-religious person who has a free spirit, clear mind, a heart of gold, realizes no one is perfect, and laid back... and no i am not putting down religious people whatsoever. However, this set up I have described does exist.
In any relationship emotional or business do not, I repeat do not accept anything you do not want!

Suppose a person is interested in making new friends, or looking for a romantic relationship to get in, and religion or a certain brand of faith comes up in terms of one of the person's standards are that they must go to church a lot, and be very religious, and if they do not fit that criteria then it is automatically a deal breaker. My question is which one do you feel is more acceptable or reasonable to you or in general a) a religious person with a dark spirit, sick mind and heartless, judgemental and uptight or b) a non-religious person who has a free spirit, clear mind, a heart of gold, realizes no one is perfect, and laid back? If you was dating someone and they are very nice and have all of the qualities you are looking for except the religion part, how would you handle that? and no i am not putting down religious people whatsoever because I am sure there are religious people with wonderful personalities as well. However, this set up I have described does exist.
Why would the standards someone has for a mate trouble another person? What makes the standard a person has concerning religion differ from any other standard a person might have? As an individual, you will find yourself on one side or the other of a standard. You are either the person with the standard or the person attracted to the person with the standard that disqualifies you as a suitable mate. Either way, the person with the standard has a right to hold that standard and a right to determine rather he/she wants to give a waiver to a specific individual when they otherwise qualifies as a suitable mate.

Suppose a person is interested in making new friends, or looking for a romantic relationship to get in, and religion or a certain brand of faith comes up in terms of one of the person's standards are that they must go to church a lot, and be very religious, and if they do not fit that criteria then it is automatically a deal breaker.

My question is which one do you feel is more acceptable or reasonable to you or in general

a) a religious person with a dark spirit, sick mind and heartless, judgemental and uptight or
b) a non-religious person who has a free spirit, clear mind, a heart of gold, realizes no one is perfect, and laid back?

If you was dating someone and they are very nice and have all of the qualities you are looking for except the religion part, how would you handle that?

and no i am not putting down religious people whatsoever because I am sure there are religious people with wonderful personalities as well. However, this set up I have described does exist.

Peace Legit-writer..

let me take a crack at this... you're going to have to excuse me for cutting your post up like this but I had to break this down before I could answer it..

The Thread title asks, "Are Religious People Really What They Are Cracked Up To Be?"

before opening the thread, my first set of questions after my usual contextual question: what does she mean by religious people? were..

1. who is doing the cracking?
2. what is their motivation?
3. and are they all that they're cracked up to be?

ok.. then I opened your thread to be greeted with your opening posts.. and from that I
deduced that, you are the one doing the cracking.. and your motivation is a friendship/relationship
with someone that places a priority on his/her spiritual strivings by elevating their religious practice
to the level of a life priority. okay.. whether it really is you or not is not the important part.. the important part is that the stage is set. ok.. and then you ask the incredibly biased and weighted question, " which one do you feel is more acceptable or reasonable to you or in general:

"a) a religious person with a dark spirit, sick mind and heartless, judgemental and uptight"

ok.. we can stop right there.. this is obviously not the selection you want us to choose. a dark spirit and a sick mind?.. and heartless too?.. and judgemental and uptight? wow.. this is either your opinion about the person that the person you are interested in is interested in.. or has chosen over you.. or, this is you simply flipping every one of your perceived qualities to their opposite value.. ie.. you're free spirited as opposed to dark spirited.. and you have a clear mind as opposed to a sick mind.. and a heart of gold.. wow.. as opposed to being heartless.. etc. etc.. and your "b" selection bares that theory out..

"b) a non-religious person who has a free spirit, clear mind, a heart of gold, realizes no one is perfect, and laid back? "

so this "a" person is the antagonist.. the anti-you.. the anti-legit-writer... and this "b" person is you.. the protagonist.. And this person you are interested in has decided that his romantic interest is reserved for someone that shares his belief system.. and so you wonder about this theoretical mate of his and you juxtapose how you see yourself with an opposite/anti-you and, of course you go as general as possible and ask, "are religous people really what they're cracked up to be?"

And that leads us to your final question.. where you ask, "If you was dating someone and they are very nice and have all of the qualities you are looking for except the religion part, how would you handle that?"

ok.. so this question solidifies my theory that this is about a guy you are interested in dating.. and friendship doesn't play into this at all.. you say, ..."all of the qualities.. except".. which from the outside of the guys head, is a huge presumption.. because, although you may be supremely confident in what you bring to the table, he may have an entirely different way of looking things.. and even if you're right about "all of the qualities.." the "except"... disqualifies the "all".. and changes that question to, "If you were dating someone that did not elevate religion to your same level of priority though they had other favorable qualities, how would you handle that?"

Well, if my religion/philosophy is important to me, I'd try to share it with her.. and see how she responds. If she's open or neutral to it, then we could probably work something out.. but if she antagonistic about it.. or condescending.. or insensitive.. then it's a wrap.. there's no use looking for carrots in the bread aisle.. you gotta know what you want, and go look where it lurks. Every man/woman should have a predefined set of "Dealbreakers". If you know yourself and you know what you want, you should be extremely slow to compromise. Why settle for what you don't want? Even if what you don't want wants you.

anyway.. that's how I see it..

contextual columbo.. aka.. the specificifier.. over and out..

Peace again..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back