Black Spirituality Religion : ARE PREACHERS PIMPING US?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by bigtown, Oct 11, 2004.

1. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    THERE ARE PREACHERS HERE IN ATLANTA WHO OWN BIG LUXURY CARS, EXTRAVAGANT HOMES, AND ONE EVEN OWNS HIS OWN HELICOPTER WHICH HE SOMETIMES USES TO TRAVEL TO SERMONS ( IF YOU LIVE IN ATLANTA, YOU KNOW WHO THESE PREACHERS ARE ). THEY HAVE THESE VERY NICE MATERIAL THINGS, WHICH THEY'VE ATTAINED THROUGH THE CHURCH. WHILE AT THE SAME TIME TELLING THEIR CONGREGATION THAT IT'S EVIL TO WORSHIP MATERIAL THINGS. ARE OUR CHURCHES JUST A PLACE OF BUSINESS? ARE THESE PREACHERS NO MORE THAN MEN WHO PIMP "THE WORD" IN ORDER TO GAIN PERSONAL WEALTH? OR DO YOU BUY INTO THE NOTION THAT THE "MESSAGE" IS THE ONLY THING THAT'S IMPORTANT?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Yes, they are. I have a friend and I tell her this all the time. Preachers who live like this (and there are many in Cali) are a joke and people need to see the hypocracy in it. These pass that [email protected] plate around so many times it's rediculous. This is the reason why I'm so cautious about religion and I think most religions are a joke. They have hidden agendas and they use their followers as fools in the name of God and that's terrible. Alot of the guys are also sleeping with choir members and people that they so-called "council", and are adulterous people as well.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I don't think there is any question that "some" preachers are fleecing their flocks. However I don't think this is a stain against all religions. Unfortunately some people seek to abuse positions of power. Indeed some seek to gain power in order to abuse it. What people have to do is be observant...look for the contradictions in people's actions. If your preacher is telling you to live one way, and doing the opposite, then you are in the wrong place. Also just to let ppl know, there are other ways to tithe besides giving to a church (you can donate to charities, feed the homeless, etc)...all of these fullfill religious obligations

4. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    yes some preachers do pimp the people ...but church is a business ..why get mad at them...they are entertainers..they make the religon they work in lookgood ...why be mad at them they are business men whos buzzz is god...thats why i say religon is fake ..one big way to control a people...be spiritual u dont need man to tell u what god tells them ...god talks to us alll some of us choose not to listen ...i think church is funny....its very entertaining ..old ladies talking bout every one..some body will jump up and act a fool in the name of the spirit...people hating each other cause they close to the preacher...acting like they are better than the other people they pray for ....so dont hate the playa(preacher) hate the game(religon)
    ...hookup :pool:

5. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I had a really bad church upbringing...it's best that I don't comment.

6. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    CarrieMonet
    please comment. :cake:

hookup...
    im looking for who pooted

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Interesting.

I used to think that I was wrong for not attending church on a regular basis and not being religious, but know I see that I am making a good decision.

More importantly, this family will think that I am stupid when I ask this but...

What Is A Preacher For? And Why Should We Follow Them?

Do yall even bond with the Reverends?

One thing they do not do is Practice What They Preach!

I began stepping down from believing in ministers and Rev's when church ended, and there was a group of deacons smoking cigarettes, and elders and ushers having a VERY uncivilized conversation with the Pastor! I did not know WHAT was going on there!

But for real, I read the King James bible and I pray to God when I am alone, but other than that, I do not get involved in churches. I have observed enough of that hypocritical nonsense to no longer even attend church! I used to go because my family made me go. But now, I don't see the point in going. And I have NEVER bonded with wthe ministers or pastors of churches. I am fine just how I am.

Then religion, I love the Lord with all my heart, but I do not think it is necessary to be THAT uptight with him. No matter how religious I can be, I will still make mistakes that even God will not like. That is life. Besides, there are other ways to satisy the Lord other than i.e. Praying 5 times a day!

Cedric Denson

8. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmmm :thinking: , I have never had a respect for church...well maybe not for a long time.

When I was young I liked bible study most. I was able to read or hear the "word" and ask questions. I never liked church because sometimes people would say things that I didn't agree with but my mother told me I could not ask the preacher questions in the middle of church. My father on the other hand would say...if you have a question - ASK. *conflict*

Since most of the preachers I initially knew were family or friends of the family I'd see them in and outside of church. Although I never seen these people drinking, smoking, partying or things of that nature, there was always something about their conversations outside of church that I didn't like. I always felt like they were lying...

I hated feeling like they preached scare tactics. Scare you into believing in what they could not convey from the pulpit. Scaring people into giving 10% even at times when you just couldn't afford it. I never really grasped the religious side of "church" because I never really felt like they cared if I understood things or not.

My beliefs now are totally different. I haven't stepped inside of a church in years....and the last time I did I was only there to sing. I have sat outside one recently to pick up a friend and could not believe what I saw. Women walked out of the service looking like they were coming out of a club - short skirts, stilettos, and hoochie gear.

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    So now with that being said, What do you think of those Hoochie-women?

10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I feel ya! They say that the soul purpose of the church is to communicate with like minds and to reinforce the resistance to sin. For instance, If you are thinking about breaking a commandment you would go to the church for help to overcome that temptation.

There are a few true spiritual people who understand its purpose to gather but somewhere somehow people had lost the meaning of it. They forget that the preacher is just a man/women and he struggles with temptations too.

I stop attending the church a long time ago because of all the negativity that exsisted in the church. I found that I could find comfort of the word within myself. Besides, I am re-evaluting what is written in that biblical book. When I feel like doing something unmoral I ask the creator for guidance and I still talk with other with like minds. I don't need no pimp(opps, I mean Preacher) telling me about the greatness of the creator. All I got to do is look around and I know how Great it tis!!!!!!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preachers pimping members