Black People : Are our black organizations working for us?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by carlhurd, Mar 29, 2004.

1. carlhurd

carlhurd Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think that one of the main problem in the black community is that we do not hold our black organizations accountable.
    We continue to look at the white man, or government for a lot of our problems, but there have been brothers and sisters in place for many years that suppose to have our best interest in mind, but things have gotten worst over the years. Our organizations collect billions of dollars but in the mean time the neighborhoods are steady failing, and other ethnic groups come in and take over the service business that we cater to everyday. I think that most of us look at black progress from a community perspective not just nationally and celebrating the success of the rich, black first and famous who are in the spot light. We need to demand an accountability of our black organizations first, before we can make real progress. The first step is to focus on one issue or problem we have and put our energy towards it. Example education. If we use all our resources on improving education and then with the shear number of participation this is how we are going to solve that problem then work on the next. To be honest the major black organizations suppose to be our voice not just the politicians. We should write to the organizations and ask them what are they doing to help change things around. We as a people still have a voice and we still have a choice. We should first start with our organizations.

http://www.blackfeedback.com/refocusing_our_attention_on_our_.htm

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi.

1st when others come in; thinking Blacks would not patronize them. Why? because 1 they have never supported Us; and the only way to stop being the bane for everyone's survival except Our own.
    Go to African-American Agenda... Your voice is needed there. Your argument is the same as many here...We are seemingly too afraid to raise Our voices in UNITY.

3. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    I am really not sure of the organizatiions you speak of...their are so many out here...and i can't identify one actual leader..I believe there are groups and personalities that the media and political groups speak of as our leaders..but i haven't really seen or heard of a leader since the deaths of King, Malcolm or Davis.
    what i see are small cadres trying to work toward a goal...not necessarily coming together as a large quilt , yet. basically because we have no "leader" to guide us..
    Do we want one?

4. carlhurd

carlhurd Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    We have so much work to do.

The purpose is not to really point fingers at the black organizations. But to look at them from all diffrent angles. I read in a book from Tony Brown that the Top one-Fifth of Black people holds 50% of the Black wealth I plan to look more into this. For those of us who really care about our people there must be a meeting of the minds and we have to but our egos aside. You and I know that there are some really power hungry people out there who do not want to share the lime light. I don't really think that we need just one leader, I also think that If work should be done it should start in the top black populatied cities. It is going to take time and effort also it is going to take focus one one issue at a time. Also would you be willing to volunter or would you want to get paid and also would you work for$5.15 an hour
    The question is when do we start, what should we do, why do we care, who should we concentrate on, where do we begin, How are we going to raise money.

http://blackfeedback.com/just_because_we_can.htm