Black Spirituality Religion : Are less intelligent people always religious?

peace

A very intelligent answer.

I wouldn't say who but what would be measured. That measurement should be between truth and fallacy, reality and fantasy. I know this is not absolute either, because there are people who swear by lies and deny truth.
- when i said how should either be measured i was speaking on intelligence/Religion, not any individual. I agree with the rest of the above statement. I even have my own quote that pretty much sums up what you've stated here.

'Once a lie is believed, it becomes true to the believer'

To me balance is relative. If we take balance as 100%. That 100% between the positive and negative poles can be 90%-10%, 75%-25%, 55%-45%.
- Balance, in this instance would mean within the actual hue-man being, as in how much 'truth' will it take to balance her/himself out which is what religion is supposed to be for. To ease the mind. So if the mind is dis-eased, it is un-balanced. So some turn to another source to correct the wobble going on within, once they are aware that there is a wobble.

It is exactly the same for the non-religious. There is also a limit as to how much 'truth' will be accepted by those who adhere to no religion which is the main reason some refer to ourselves as 'free thinkers'. We have freed ourselves from religion, or have been freed by someone else's challenges to our once set of beliefs and are now FREE to think for ourselves. Meaning, anything we now come across we can accept it, or leave it alone which in itself tells me that there are still some things we might discard also because we may be free, but not quite ready for that next level of free-dome yet.

I think a person would have to understand themselves first. Are the thinking from the master will or the slave will.
- true indeed.

Are their thoughts original or reflex?
- exactly! And not until we see the individuals response will we be able to measure it for our selves.

- Balance, in this instance would mean within the actual hue-man being, as in how much 'truth' will it take to balance her/himself out which is what religion is supposed to be for. To ease the mind. So if the mind is dis-eased, it is un-balanced. So some turn to another source to correct the wobble going on within, once they are aware that there is a wobble.

It is exactly the same for the non-religious. There is also a limit as to how much 'truth' will be accepted by those who adhere to no religion which is the main reason some refer to ourselves as 'free thinkers'. We have freed ourselves from religion, or have been freed by someone else's challenges to our once set of beliefs and are now FREE to think for ourselves. Meaning, anything we now come across we can accept it, or leave it alone which in itself tells me that there are still some things we might discard also because we may be free, but not quite ready for that next level of free-dome yet.

thanks for the quote. Yea I got what your direction on balance and it's context. I was kinda out there, because I've seen people suggest that something is "unbalanced" because they can't fully grasp what balance is. That's why I threw those numbers out there. you can have something 90%negative and 10%positive. One will get the impression that because it's 90% negative it's "unbalanced". But in reality it is very balanced. Just not in the conventional sense the way we've been taught.

Where I quoted your statement on balance above, I co-sign it and I agree wholeheartedly 1,000,000,000,000,00%. I don't think I could have said it better than you did.

thanks for the quote. Yea I got what your direction on balance and it's context. I was kinda out there, because I've seen people suggest that something is "unbalanced" because they can't fully grasp what balance is. That's why I threw those numbers out there. you can have something 90%negative and 10%positive. One will get the impression that because it's 90% negative it's "unbalanced". But in reality it is very balanced. Just not in the conventional sense the way we've been taught.

Where I quoted your statement on balance above, I co-sign it and I agree wholeheartedly 1,000,000,000,000,00%. I don't think I could have said it better than you did.

That's peace.

I'm moving this thread to the Main Spirituality Forum.

Yall are almost sabotaging our attempt at overcoming things that keep us divided and at odds with each other.

No matter how much i might want it, one person can't do it alone ... it's gonna take a bunch of us.

We must consider the impact our actions have on others, and if negative, forgo them or structure different.

I don't know ... yall got me lost ... but i won't be for long ... i'll problee end up suspending folk who don't get it.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Seriously? So you can't have a set of morals without religion?

A set of beliefs are defacto an article of faith. Thus, it is a religion

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back