Africa : Are Latinos / Hispanics - 'Africans' too?

I''m in line with PanAfrica, both Latino and Hispanic are genaral terms. AfricanLatinos are few in numbers, they need to identify themselfs that way. if not then they are then just Latinos of African decent.. This of cause is more complexe than meets the eye.

Originally posted by Monetary
Latinos considering themselves other than African is evidence of the pervasiveness of rascism and white supremacy.

perhaps us considering them african is nothing more than arrogance.

we are family. but we are not the same. latinos are native americans. their culture is rich and complete. they are not african. we have met before. we have built empires on their soil. but we are not them. they are not us.

research bears this fact. "they came before colombus" wasnt about saying we were here first. just that we were here before slavery.

Welcome Ifasehun, and thank you for posting on the boards!

Now that the formalities are out of the way, I have to disagree with your statement that Latinos are "Native Americans". It is true that Latinos are mixed with "Native Americans", just as they are mixed with African and Spanish blood. However many African Americans also have "Native American" blood. Therefore, Latinos can not be anymore "Native American" than African-Americans. Also the culture of African Americans is rich and complete.

ifasehun

I see there is a need to clarify my point...and make a few others.

In reference to your "arrogance" comment, I only called Latinos African because of the same logic as Kemetsry; not because I'm arrogant. All humans come from Africans, hence all humans are Africans. However, looking at it that way would make the question moot.

To dig a little deeper, the comment I made about the pervasiveness of racism and white supremacy stems from the "light skin" vs "dark skin" mental condition that is prevalent around the world. This mental condition...in my opinion...has widespread ramifications because of racism or white supremacy.

So, those who can pass for white...no matter what their true background is...will claim that status by referring to themselves as whatever-American. Prime example...people from Mexico in the US. People from Mexico who claim their heritage and background who live in the US consider themselves Mexicans. Those who want to get a better life and indirectly disclaim their culture consider themselves Mexican Americans. African Americans...hmmmm...food for thought.

Like Mexico, I am under the impression that most countries exhibit discrimination because of color.

So, that was my logic for considering Latinos African.

I left myself open...let's see who will notice. :lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back