Black People : Are Labor Unions Dead?

After spending millions of dollars and investing time and effort in Wisconsin. Are unions, once the

• What have they ever done for me?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What were the last revolutions 100, 200, and 300 years ago?

Founding Revolution - 1776

Civil War - 1860

Civil Rights Movement - 1960s

Haves vs Have Nots - .....

it would be misleading not to couple that with numbers on the decline of industry as well.. automotive manufacturing for example?.. and all of the other industries that have moved off shore. And that kind of highlights how rhetorical this fight is. Without jobs, unions are empty frames. The real conversation needs to be about how to bring those jobs back onshore. First things first.

Automotive jobs peaked in the late 70s

I believe the premise of a union in face value is a good thing, but to tell the truth the unions did not do themselves any good over the years with corrupt practices and failing to recognize things outside of their respective bubble. I do not claim to know about all unions so there may be unions that do not fall in what I just laid out, but a decent amount do/have.

Like brother skuder intimated to if there was a concerted effort to address the shortcomings then unions can once again be a force to be reckoned with. Just my take on things.

Please give evidence that demonstrate where corruption is the norm?

Please give evidence that demonstrate where corruption is the norm?

You took from my response what you wanted, I stated corruption and not recognizing things outside their collective bubble. I did not say corruption solely on its own was the norm, and I never stated I was against unions per se, but since you are looking for something that could have helped formulate my opinion on how unions were mishandled, and recognize this is not all I am basing my view on, I will present you with the following.

http://www.laborunionreport.com/portal/2011/09/union-statistics-what-you-may-not-know/
http://www.unionfacts.com/cuf/vitals#

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back