Black Men : ARE HARD WORKING BLACK MEN UNAPPRECIATED

Hard Working Black Men

Hard working black men have to stand up and be heard. We need to stop blaming women for not noticing us, and be aggressive in the pursuit of the women that we desire. Just because we're a 'good man' doesn't mean a thing if we're not gonna show it.

A lot of hard working black men suffer from the same problems when picking mate the women do. Soo, we need to also be smarter in the types of women we select.

sweettee29 said:
Hey fam,
There is something that has been on my mind.
I recently had a conversation with my Pops and he made a statement that black women don't appreciate hard working black men.

Brothas do you think this is true?

From viewing my surroundings and society in general it does seem that some of our sisters would rather pick the rough neck, gangsta type brotha. Doing everything illegal under the sun, as opposed to our straight laced brothas working hard making an honest living and doing whats right.

Sweettee, peace

Alot of sisters don't.
I have a few girlfriends that don't have any idea how lucky they are.
Do you know why?
They take advantage of them by taking their kindness for weakness.
Many women who have been hurt and abused in the past have not completely healed themselves.
The class of woman is also important.(hood rat.whorish,never really worked much,has always had men support them)etc...
Another factor is they think because a man always does means he always should.(not true).
There is almost an air/attitude about a unappreciative women who has a hardworking man.
They are so busy taking material wise they don't even care how he feels.(tired,unappreciated,used at times).
Sincere compassion and love for all that he does and all that he is,
should be shown on a daily basis.
There are some honest and faithful hardworking brothers out here.(you can't have one without the other characteristics).

jgyknowledge said:
Hard working black men have to stand up and be heard. We need to stop blaming women for not noticing us, and be aggressive in the pursuit of the women that we desire. Just because we're a 'good man' doesn't mean a thing if we're not gonna show it.

A lot of hard working black men suffer from the same problems when picking mate the women do. Soo, we need to also be smarter in the types of women we select.

Very true!
I have a girlfriend who is straight hood.
Not only that she just came out of an abusive relationship.
Here comes her now husband.
He joined the armed forces so she married him.
Supports her and her children and none of the kids are his.
Now he's no longer in the military so she is no longer interested.
Cheating, disrespectful and spending money like crazy.
Very manipulative towards him to the point where it makes me want to slap her face.
He is a very nice guy.
Too nice but he loves her and it's so hard for him to let her go.
I get upset thinking about it.

jgyknowledge said:

Though I agree, we (Black men) have a responsibility in who we pursue or give our attention to, with that said, let me say this…

I don’t think this is just about hard working men not being noticed, or is it about hardworking men being womanless…this is really about what was actually stated or implied in the first post of this thread and that is that, “Black women no longer have an healthy appreciation for hardworking men!” Women always choose in the end, this is nature!

This is “more” of a lost to these particular Black women, than it is a lost to hardworking Black men, though we all loose in the end when this type of “weak thinking” becomes too pervasive; further more, unfortunately their choices will define the holistic development of the next generation of Black children (for better or for worse).

Black women have to have SOME responsibility for the choices they make and how the next generation of our Black children/nation will develop spiritually, psychologically, and physically. We know the Black woman is the soul of creation; her womb is the gate to the garden, the hand that rocks the cradle of God, and the door to the temples of heaven.

Progressively thinking and consciously aware Black people put all of the importance in the world on how Black women divinely think, but when its time to observe how responsible is her thinking, we give her a way out by once again blaming Black men for her shortcomings, or it's just simply the Black man's fault if her thinking is becoming more backwards in this day and time. I think that’s really an insult to progressive Black women who get it right, and I also believe that, not being honest with our Sisters is like letting them drown without throwing them a rope!

Peace

Sun Ship said:
Though I agree, we (Black men) have a responsibility in who we pursue or give our attention to, with that said, let me say this…

I don’t think this is just about hard working men not being noticed, or is it about hardworking men being womanless…this is really about what was actually stated or implied in the first post of this thread and that is that, “Black women no longer have an healthy appreciation for hardworking men!” Women always choose in the end, this is nature!

This is “more” of a lost to these particular Black women, than it is a lost to hardworking Black men, though we all loose in the end when this type of “weak thinking” becomes too pervasive; further more, unfortunately their choices will define the holistic development of the next generation of Black children (for better or for worse).

Black women have to have SOME responsibility for the choices they make and how the next generation of our Black children/nation will develop spiritually, psychologically, and physically. We know the Black woman is the soul of creation; her womb is the gate to the garden, the hand that rocks the cradle of God, and the door to the temples of heaven.

Progressively thinking and consciously aware Black people put all of the importance in the world on how Black women divinely think, but when its time to observe how responsible is her thinking, we give her a way out by once again blaming Black men for her shortcomings, or it's just simply the Black man's fault if her thinking is becoming more backwards in this day and time. I think that’s really an insult to progressive Black women who get it right, and I also believe that, not being honest with our Sisters is like letting them drown without throwing them a rope!

Peace

SunShip, I'm just going to state my disagreement with some of your points and explain why I disagree (a la Monetary :lol:) and then I'm done.

I absolutely do not agree with you when you say that women choose men. If that were the case, every Black woman in the country who wants a man would have a man AND she would have the man of her choice.

I'm already committed now, but I can think of a bunch of men I would have chosen --once upon a time--if it was a matter of me choosing any man I wanted. Yes, in nature, it has been shown that every female can get a male--at least she can get a male to have sex with her, if that's what you mean, but that falls way short of what most mature-minded, Black women are looking for when they look for the right type of man to share their lives and father their children.

I do agree that Black women have SOME responsibility and some choice in the selection process, but I feel that males still OVERWHELMINGLY have the upper hand in choosing which female they want to commit to and spend their time, energy, and money providing for and protecting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back