Black People : Are drugs used as a form of warfare against our communities?

So it is all right for poor folks

A007 said:
Lol, by all means get some sleep. But, understand what the topic of the post was...Is it used as warfare against our communities. The answer is YES. The solution is ECONOMIC. That is all I am saying. You mentioned the killing of Jordan's father and Cosby's daughter. I already touched on the INTERNAL demons that all people face. These will never go away. But my point was ...is it messing up Cosby and Jordan's neighborhood? Do they live in high crime dangerous neighborhoods with dealers on the corner? Are their crack and weed house in their neighborhood? The answer is NO. That is because of MONEY. We are talking about how drugs effect our communities. Move to an affluent neighborhood (preferably black) and see how FEW of the daily drug deals you see going down. As for the rich people doing drugs...that will happen until we address how selfish and ignorant we are as human...but that is a different topic.
TO LIVE IN HELL??????:drink:

Natinr said:
Easy money as a way to wealth has nothng to do with economics but with ones innate sense,
of good and evil.
THEY tried to push crappy beef onchildren and had to recall 150 million pounds, was that economics?
trying to poison kids???????

Is it COOL to stay in high school and
get good grades,or drop out hang out onthe corner and sling rocks? While listenig to music on an IPOD rewarding such behavior.
AND WHO OR WHAT DETERMINES WHAT IS COOL, US OR THEM????:

That depends on which neighborhood you are in. Again, in Jordan's neighborhood it is not cool to drop out of school and sell drugs. Nor was it in the middle class neighborhood that I moved to when I was twelve. Did that mean that the white kids stayed away from drugs? Absolutely not!! In fact I had to ride my bike PAST the white junior high school so I could attend the black school because it has LESS drug activity. But guess what...if the white kids were not in school buying drugs...they had to go past all of the white neighborhoods and go to the black neighborhood to buy drugs. I knew of two white drug dealers (both from the middle class) and they BOTH dealt in the BLACK neighborhoods. Why? Because the police would not mess with them in the lower economic communities. But if they brought it out the "NICE" hoods they would get arrested. Don't misunderstand me Natinr, I KNOW that the color of our skin makes us a target. I realize that we are losing in the court rooms and jail houses. But, you must understand that OJ would have went to jail if he didn't have the MONEY that he had to pay those high powered attorneys. It is the same for us. If we had more money (or more to lose) we would shy away from a life of drugs running and subsequent jail time. If we had hope of living well outside of being a dealer...MOST would choose it. You said it correctly that the lure of EASY money attracts some. But, guess what, it is some of the HARDEST money in the world to make. How many jobs require that we duck the police, carry a gun for protection, and worry about how much time we will do in prison for working?

Guess what? My children (i have four boys) will not even CONSIDER selling drugs! They KNOW it is a trap and that it is not even very lucrative when you think about it. I sat down with my son's and showed them how much the neighborhood drug dealer makes per hour. They realized that 9 dollars an hour can be made at mcdonalds without the worries of jail or death. But my children STILL see the dealers. Do you think when we go out the rich neighborhoods we see the dealers...ummmmmm NO! Why, because it is policed and protected more because of the money.

OHHHHHH....

Natinr said:
TO LIVE IN HELL??????:drink:

Oh, I see. You are one of those people who believe that the love of money is the root to all evil???

What does loving money have to do with a (rich) mother drowning her kids in the tub?...NOTHING...yet it was evil.

What does the love of money have to do with the Millions of rapes that occur in the world today?? NOTHING ...yet it is evil

I could go on..but you get my drift. Anyway, we don't have to LOVE money to know that we need it as a tool to build a strong and powerful african-american community.

that my dear brother is WHY it is an act of war

A007 said:
That depends on which neighborhood you are in. Again, in Jordan's neighborhood it is not cool to drop out of school and sell drugs. Nor was it in the middle class neighborhood that I moved to when I was twelve. Did that mean that the white kids stayed away from drugs? Absolutely not!! In fact I had to ride my bike PAST the white junior high school so I could attend the black school because it has LESS drug activity. But guess what...if the white kids were not in school buying drugs...they had to go past all of the white neighborhoods and go to the black neighborhood to buy drugs. I knew of two white drug dealers (both from the middle class) and they BOTH dealt in the BLACK neighborhoods. Why? Because the police would not mess with them in the lower economic communities. But if they brought it out the "NICE" hoods they would get arrested. Don't misunderstand me Natinr, I KNOW that the color of our skin makes us a target. I realize that we are losing in the court rooms and jail houses. But, you must understand that OJ would have went to jail if he didn't have the MONEY that he had to pay those high powered attorneys. It is the same for us. If we had more money (or more to lose) we would shy away from a life of drugs running and subsequent jail time. If we had hope of living well outside of being a dealer...MOST would choose it. You said it correctly that the lure of EASY money attracts some. But, guess what, it is some of the HARDEST money in the world to make. How many jobs require that we duck the police, carry a gun for protection, and worry about how much time we will do in prison for working?

Guess what? My children (i have four boys) will not even CONSIDER selling drugs! They KNOW it is a trap and that it is not even very lucrative when you think about it. I sat down with my son's and showed them how much the neighborhood drug dealer makes per hour. They realized that 9 dollars an hour can be made at mcdonalds without the worries of jail or death. But my children STILL see the dealers. Do you think when we go out the rich neighborhoods we see the dealers...ummmmmm NO! Why, because it is policed and protected more because of the money.
And there stil is a need for direct physical battle of immediency and urgency,

economics takes time,sometimes years!
ARE we wiling to sit around and wait for an economic change while so manylives are ruined?

WELL FOLKS HERE IT IS!

A007 said:
Oh, I see. You are one of those people who believe that the love of money is the root to all evil???

What does loving money have to do with a (rich) mother drowning her kids in the tub?...NOTHING...yet it was evil.

What does the love of money have to do with the Millions of rapes that occur in the world today?? NOTHING ...yet it is evil

I could go on..but you get my drift. Anyway, we don't have to LOVE money to know that we need it as a tool to build a strong and powerful african-american community.
NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT, NOTONBLY AM I MISQUOTED, BUT IT BECOMES CLEAR WHAT SIDE SOME FOLKS ARE ON FROM READING THE ENTIRE AND ALL THREADS,
to even come on a Black board with such an arguement means........................................!:qqb019:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back