Black People : Are drugs used as a form of warfare against our communities?

Natinr said:
I don't give a **** about what substances whie folks are taking, I am concerned about Black folks and what goes on in our communities!!!!!!
Is there any city from!Detroit, Chicago, Phillie, Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, Newark, Dallas, or any city in the South or the Caribean, were Black folks are concentrated, that has not been devestated by heroin, crack addiction and dealing and the gang violence than surounds such activity?
The Nation of Islam fought against it when Malcom was there and still do today, the Black Panthers fought against it!
And we don't think it is an attack???????????????
We know what agencies bring it into our communities, did Maxine Wates speak about this epidemic in our comunity in vain?
As I mentioned before, Chancellor Willams, when asked the question by Gil Noble, what was the main thing that put a damper on the movement of the 70s he replied, 30.00 worth of heroin was reduced to 3.00 at street price, and agencies along with the mob recruited young men and let them know that the seling of this would be the new in thing.

Now we have music glorifying this activity

There is not one person on this board who has not witnessed the devestation of OUR communities, or have not lost a family member to gun violence or drug abuse.

The British literaly forced by WAR and genocide opium traffic on the Chinese, so why is it so hard for us to see the conspiracy of this attack o our communities???

I think most would agree that drugs (and all things related) are used as a weapon of war against us.

:heart:

Destee

Seeing how drugs has effect my family and thus effected me by not being able to know if my family members can make a responsible decision without having to have it?, I say drugs is a warfare against our communities.

When you are on drugs, who is in control? You or the drugs? Not just we but many people are in deep shyte because of drugs. Have you ever seen someone struggle just to get off drugs? It's hard to see. Getting off drugs takes a minute and by the time you get off drugs the damage is done.

You are just then trying to live your life again and learn how to have good coping skills. That takes time. And within that time we are defeating ourselves and effecting others.

Meanwhile children are being seperated from family and put into the fostercare system and it is a cycle.

After getting off of drugs you have to learn all over again. When you look at who is being greatly effected by drugs it's us. So even if we aren't in jail or in slavery (physically) we are on drugs.

Parents are on drugs, kids are on drugs, everytime something goes wrong we are on drugs. It's just not a healthy cycle.

While we are on drugs it is effecting everyone around us. It's like a dominoe effect.

Anyways, good thread sis.

Heart to Heart
Much Love
Desert Storm

Yes. But,

It is only a symptom of the larger problem. Ghandi said it best, "keeping people in poverty is the cruelist violence of all". The drug war is fought in our communities because we don't have the resources to push it elsewhere. We are seeking the american dream without sufficient plan to accomplish it. Those of us in the hood have only the drug dealers close enough to teach us how to obtain the MONEY we want. Don't misunderstand me...I know that there are alternatives to the drug trade and that the alternatives are more viable and lucrative in the long run than the drug trade, but the cycle that is in the hood stays there because those who get out through other means do not come back to SHOW the people that there is a way out of poverty indepenent of the drug trade.

We need to change our economic situations in order effect change with ALL of the issues in our communities.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back