Black People : Are dating sites and the club scene designed to keep people single?

No, they just went to the club to party with friends. They never thought they would meet someone special at the club.

You may not agree, but I believe 99% of the time, everybody who is single go to the club to meet that special someone, even when their hopes aren't all that high anymore and they become so-called regulars. In the back of their mind, they still got a third eye open, regardless of what they tell you.

Now I'm not talking about that crew who be having birthday parties, or a part of some group function that night. You don't know whats on their minds half the time. These groups seem to like to go there and look down on brothers on those particular nights, because they know they are there for a party, while the brothers are walking around looking desperately for a dance or whatever. You don't even want to ask one of them to dance because they'll look at you like a dog begging for left over crumbs from their birthday cake. You can almost feel them saying, "Scat, dog". It's not always like that with that particular group, but I've seen my share.

Then you have the ones who are married, or in a relationship. They're usually there just to have fun, especially the married ones. But either of them can still be tempted.

I never bought in to that, "the club is a pick-up spot" talk. I never heard anybody I know say they went to a club and met someone, and took them home that same night, then took them to breakfast, or took them to breakfast first then took them home. They may have took them and their girlfriend out to breakfast if anything, and went home alone, after buying them drinks all night. Now maybe the stars or celebrities may kick it like that with their groupies, and maybe her girlfriend(s) may tag along. However, I don't think the average Joe have it like that in the club scene. Most cats have enough trouble getting a girl to call their own period in a club, that's if he's lucky enough to get a number, and she follows up. If he scored that would usually last about a month or two at the most. But that one nighter was an image sold to us for some reason. It was really a whole lot of talk, especially when that record came out where that guy would say,"Same ole Scenario, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock she's in my bed etc... ". Who knows, this one night pick up spot reputation sold to us may have had something to do with those relationships in clubs lasting only a couple of months at the most, and a way to keep people coming back to spend money. That can get expensive after a while, and I'm sure somebody is cashing in.

Therefore, I truly believe we bought into that white people talk when they would say, "I met her at the bar". Most of the time we met the girl on the dance floor. If you met her at the bar, then you was really in trouble. But seldom anybody would take her home that same night, unless she was a straight up prostitute, which was rare, or soon to be prostitute. If she was a normal girl that got that drunk, then she would probably throw up before you got her to your place.

Now I'm not saying some guys didn't meet women and take them home that same night, but I think it was very rare. I don't know any who did. Now they may have already known the girl, or they may have met the girl that last weekend, and kiss that night, then met up in the club again that following weekend, and took her home and had fun. But most of the time, he never met her that same night. Now I'm not saying the club is the place to met a wife after all, but I don't think it quite meet up to it's name as the place to take the the girl home the same night. Not yet. But again, you'll never know who you may meet in a club. You can meet people who are just as crazy outside the club these days. Either way, I'd still be careful.

You may not agree, but I believe 99% of the time, everybody who is single go to the club to meet that special someone, even when their hopes aren't all that high anymore and they become so-called regulars. In the back of their mind, they still got a third eye open, regardless of what they tell you.

Now I'm not talking about that crew who be having birthday parties, or a part of some group function that night. You don't know whats on their minds half the time. These groups seem to like to go there and look down on brothers on those particular nights, because they know they are there for a party, while the brothers are walking around looking desperately for a dance or whatever. You don't even want to ask one of them to dance because they'll look at you like a dog begging for left over crumbs from their birthday cake. You can almost feel them saying, "Scat, dog". It's not always like that with that particular group, but I've seen my share.

Then you have the ones who are married, or in a relationship. They're usually there just to have fun, especially the married ones. But either of them can still be tempted.

I never bought in to that, "the club is a pick-up spot" talk. I never heard anybody I know say they went to a club and met someone, and took them home that same night, then took them to breakfast, or took them to breakfast first then took them home. They may have took them and their girlfriend out to breakfast if anything, and went home alone, after buying them drinks all night. Now maybe the stars or celebrities may kick it like that with their groupies, and maybe her girlfriend(s) may tag along. However, I don't think the average Joe have it like that in the club scene. Most cats have enough trouble getting a girl to call their own period in a club, that's if he's lucky enough to get a number, and she follows up. If he scored that would usually last about a month or two at the most. But that one nighter was an image sold to us for some reason. It was really a whole lot of talk, especially when that record came out where that guy would say,"Same ole Scenario, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock she's in my bed etc... ". Who knows, this one night pick up spot reputation sold to us may have had something to do with those relationships in clubs lasting only a couple of months at the most, and a way to keep people coming back to spend money. That can get expensive after a while, and I'm sure somebody is cashing in.

Therefore, I truly believe we bought into that white people talk when they would say, "I met her at the bar". Most of the time we met the girl on the dance floor. If you met her at the bar, then you was really in trouble. But seldom anybody would take her home that same night, unless she was a straight up prostitute, which was rare, or soon to be prostitute. If she was a normal girl that got that drunk, then she would probably throw up before you got her to your place.

Now I'm not saying some guys didn't meet women and take them home that same night, but I think it was very rare. I don't know any who did. Now they may have already known the girl, or they may have met the girl that last weekend, and kiss that night, then met up in the club again that following weekend, and took her home and had fun. But most of the time, he never met her that same night. Now I'm not saying the club is the place to met a wife after all, but I don't think it quite meet up to it's name as the place to take the the girl home the same night. Not yet. But again, you'll never know who you may meet in a club. You can meet people who are just as crazy outside the club these days. Either way, I'd still be careful.

Haha, I love reading your posts.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back