Black People : Are dating sites and the club scene designed to keep people single?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KPITRL, Sep 17, 2013.

1. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I think so, especially the black dating sites that we have little control over.

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Well, if everyone is settled and married, it would render these things near useless, correct? So, I'd assume so.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :bullseye:

4. WhatNeedsToBeDone

WhatNeedsToBeDone Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Not really.

I would like to know why you believe that?

I've had some good relations on dating sites; as well as some hot flings ;)

However, I HATE CLUBS. The ones in college (well at least my college) were overcrowded filthy basement parties. Most of the ones in my nearest city that would interest me are plagued with shootings and other hood crap; it's not worth risking your life for a night out.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Why would they have to be designed that way? Their demographics replenish themselves every few years for the most part.

6. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    More business, more money? :10500: Why lose who you've already caught?

Idk. *shrugs*

7. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    You hit it on the head. Years ago I ran across this stranger in a club. He was probably a couple of years older then me. He gave me the impression that he was from out of town. One way or another, he wasn't in to trying to get a dance or anything. He was just standing in his own little space observing things but yet a very down to earth brother. Some how we attracted each others attention, probably because we were doing the same thing. He was a very nice looking brother who probably been through some changes from the club scene, but got over it all, and was just chilling and observing. He reminded me a lot of myself with the friendly personality. I didn't talk to him very long, but I remember he kept saying it was in the music, and how the music had everybody in control. It almost felt like I could have been talking to an angel, although I'm sure I wasn't. It's just that this brother was so down to earth, but yet not in the same world with everybody else.

Now, years later, I think he was trying to tell me that clubs weren't in the business of getting people married, so to speak. But they were there for the money, although I did know a few who met their wives in a club, one any way, and the other in a park. It got so bad now that it's probably hard to even get a date out of a club with all that loud music. Back when I was going, they always had this dedicated time around midnight, and they would slow it down for at least a half an hour. If you got acquainted with someone by then, you had a chance to get a couple of long slow dances, which could lead to some kind of romance.

I took a break for a few years, and when I returned, they replaced slow dancing with break dancing, and it ain't been the same since. Then they turned the music up even louder, so you feel like you're on another planet. But all through my years of clubbing, there was always that category of fine sisters who you could never get next to, although they'd be partying hard. I don't know if they were paid to party there or what, but it wouldn't surprise me. They may have even had ties with some underground world like stripping or call girl services etc...it still wouldn't surprise me. Then if you ever got lucky with anything near one of those types, you'd regret it one way or another. I remember I got with one of those types, and she held it as some badge of honor that she used to mess around with one of Sugar Ray Leonards bodyguards. Now, I'm just founding out that Ray Leonard is my distant cousin. I guess her new boyfriend(s) would be proud of her.

Now it's evident that the club scene was always all about money, and white people or non-black people were the ones getting the real money, while we shoke our booties every weekend. I guess if anybody owned a club, they'd want to keep people coming every weekend too, and not stay curdle home with each other on the weekends. Now I see why some of those girls I'd meet would let me get kind of close, then tell me to come back next weekend, which I never did because it was getting to crazy. I'm not saying all girls who asked you to come back next weekend were about making the club money, but usually that's not a good sign to me. Maybe they wanted me to come back so some other guy they liked or some ex could get jealous. Usually these be fine sisters, and you'd almost have to get in a fight with some of these brothers, seriously...especially if you traveled alone. Then you had some people even claiming they didn't go to meet anybody, but they went to work out. But you better believe they still had their eye open for that special someone. That's my take on the club scene.

The dating site is a different angle but the same objective, which is to keep you single, and keep you paying a monthly membership fee. If you're married messing around on a dating site, you'll probably eventually get caught then wound up single anyway.

8. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I've never been clubbing, myself; been to parties, but no clubs because they always sounded like bad news to me. And the way you've described it, it does sound like it was a total set up to get a bunch of people, guys especially, to keep coming back.

9. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Do people really try to find a longterm mate in a club? This is a serious question.

10. LB2000L

LB2000L Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38

I have heard that some people have met in the club and got married. You meet people anywhere you go whether it is the club, store, laundromat, library, college, etc.