Pan Africanism : Are dark skinned Dominicans included in Panafricanism?

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by ManicRaider, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    They don't like being called Black, don't consider themselves Black and don't like Black people. We should ignore them, yes?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    We should ignore them? ... hmmm ... :thinking:

We don't generally ignore folk on a collective level, but individually ... i think ... right?

You are free to ignore anyone you'd like ... for any reason ... most of us are free to do that.

I don't hardly ignore anyone though ... even dark skinned Dominicans ... and i certainly have no right or authority to exclude them (or anyone) from PanAfricanism.

In fact ... we have a Dominican Brother here in the community ... and he's probably ... "just a little black behind the ears" ... and i don't ignore him.

Ignoring each other, no matter the condition we may be in, cannot be the right answer.

In my opinion.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    No, we need to save them from their self loathing. I tell you this I like looking at Dominican women :luv: but being with someone that self loathing would drive me nuts and once I see that on such a level no matter what the looks are they become ugly.

Sammy Sosa is a prime example of a self loathing Dominican, he bleached all the color out of his skin, Dominicans have a serious self loathing image of their blackness.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/sammy-s...hing-appears-downright-vampiric-photos-256469

4. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    It's not our place to exclude any black people from pan African identity.

It's our right to embrace those that do.

5. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    The Dominaican Republic is adjacent to Haiti. It's the same people inherently. Spanish culture and French culture differ. But far be it for me to ignore a people based on who colonized them.

6. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    But you're trying to force something on them that they don't want. Shouldn't their opinion matter? I say that if they don't want anything to do with us, we shouldn't try to force ourselves on them.

7. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Its not just an opinion, its self loathing, its a sickness. It wont hurt for them to be encouraged to embrace their blackness to have pride in their African features. You can't force anyone accept anything they don't want but they can be pointed to a better state of mind. Some will move on to a higher plain of self love others are too damaged to save. Slaves had enormous amounts of self loathing and we are still dealing with the effects today. Self loathing has detrimental effects on anyone, no matter what race or background, it causes one to mentally disenfranchised themselves because they feel they are not worthy or incapable of attaining something better.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Dude are you really black?

Watch this.... that statement you made is very strange coming from a supposed black dude.....

Listen to this and I would love to hear your opinion and listen to all of Paul Mooney......

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

You first asked ... should we ignore them ... and/or exclude them from panafricanism.

Now you're talking about forcing them to do something ... :look: ... you're switching up in midstream here.

I spoke to the ignore/panafrican questions ... and will speak to the force issue too ... if you can make it more clear.

Who can force anyone to do anything? Where did that come from? How does that fit into your initial query?

Using this community as an example, all are welcome ... including dark skinned Dominicans ... but none are forced.

I'm not really following you right now ... connect the dots aint work'n ... :ttt:

Can you help me?

:heart:

Destee

10. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Question I have is, do the dominicans' want to be included in
    the panafrikan family? I don't have much respect for skip gates,
    however he did partake in a documentary dealing with the
    dominicans that was quite revealing and sheds some light
    on why they act the way they do regarding their ethnicity.