Pan-Africanism : Are dark skinned Dominicans included in Panafricanism?

ManicRaider

Jan 15, 2011
They don't like being called Black, don't consider themselves Black and don't like Black people. We should ignore them, yes?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
We should ignore them? ... hmmm ... :thinking:

We don't generally ignore folk on a collective level, but individually ... i think ... right?

You are free to ignore anyone you'd like ... for any reason ... most of us are free to do that.

I don't hardly ignore anyone though ... even dark skinned Dominicans ... and i certainly have no right or authority to exclude them (or anyone) from PanAfricanism.

In fact ... we have a Dominican Brother here in the community ... and he's probably ... "just a little black behind the ears" ... and i don't ignore him.

Ignoring each other, no matter the condition we may be in, cannot be the right answer.

In my opinion.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
They don't like being called Black, don't consider themselves Black and don't like Black people. We should ignore them, yes?
No, we need to save them from their self loathing. I tell you this I like looking at Dominican women :luv: but being with someone that self loathing would drive me nuts and once I see that on such a level no matter what the looks are they become ugly.

Sammy Sosa is a prime example of a self loathing Dominican, he bleached all the color out of his skin, Dominicans have a serious self loathing image of their blackness.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/sammy-s...hing-appears-downright-vampiric-photos-256469

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
The Dominaican Republic is adjacent to Haiti. It's the same people inherently. Spanish culture and French culture differ. But far be it for me to ignore a people based on who colonized them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nilevalley Black People : If your son brother or nephew hated on dark skinned black women like this what would you do? Black People Open Forum 12
Al D Black People : Are Dark skinned people the chosen ones? Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Origin of Mysterious, Dark-Skinned Blonds Discovered Black People Open Forum 4
MsInterpret Black People : What you think of the new dark-skinned Barbie? Black People Open Forum 31
B Black People : DARK-SKINNED Washutaw Muurs: Real Native Americans Black People Open Forum 67
King Tubbs Black People : Hip Hop Complexion Obsession-Dark Skinned Sisters not wanted Black People Open Forum 219
Kemetstry Black Spirituality Religion : Dark Skinned Christ Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
M Black People : Are we finished with the light skinned dark skinned thang yet? Black People Open Forum 40
Joyce Black Poetry : Ain't Nuthin Like A Dark Skinned Man! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
M Black People : Light Skinned vs. Dark Skinned... Black People Open Forum 83
Joyce Black Poetry : Ain't Nuthin' Like A Dark Skinned Man...repost Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18
Joyce Black Poetry : Ain't Nuthin' Like A Dark Skinned Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
G Black Poetry : Dark Skinned Woman In A Purple Negligee Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
C Black People : Dark, White Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Enlightenment’s Dark Side How the Enlightenment created modern race thinking, and why we should confront it African American History Culture 0
J Black Poetry : Juicy sexual color of dark skin in the head is only one word: Divine. My juicy, sweet, goddess. The figure is like a boom boom cool rap beat bass from Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chyko Black Entertainment : Lupita Nyong’o Reveals This Shocking Thing a Makeup Artist Once Told Her About Her Dark Skin Black Entertainment 0
A Black Poetry : You are supernatural sexy, beyond beautiful. Your sexy dark skin has conquered my heart. Leather is like a black gem Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : a kiss can spin a brisk wind she walk in the park and talk in the dark boys stalk and start a phat conversation that lead to domination a female child Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
A Black Poetry : Hot erotic dark skin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Black Poetry : A tall dark figure Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : MICROSOFT'S EBOOK APOCALYPSE SHOWS THE DARK SIDE OF DRM Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : DARK PHOENIX Black Entertainment 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Dark chocolate is now a health food. Here’s how that happened Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : Have all type of fun and like the sun hide behind dark clouds holding art and proud and be in th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Have all type of fun and like the sun hide behind dark clouds holding art and proud and be in the p Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Dark Gothic Heart, A Valiant Knight & The inner harmony tuned to its hidden beasts menagerie Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Kemetstry Science and Technology : GALAXY WITH NO DARK MATTER Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Only Dark Matter (And Not Modified Gravity) Can Explain The Universe Science and Technology 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : DNA suggests 10,000-year-old Brit had dark skin, blue eyes Science and Technology 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Internet Technology : What It Looks Like On The Dark Side of the Web Science and Technology 7
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Dark Imprisoned Minds Of Hate Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 10-Year-Old Starts Empowering Clothing Line After Being Bullied For Her Dark Skin Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Model Who Was Bullied for Her Dark Skin Stars in Another Make Up For Ever Campaign Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Ain't Into Dark Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : A theory that challenges Newton’s and Einstein’s gravity and nixes dark matter passed its first test Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Over 1,000 African skulls in Berlin are a reminder of Europe’s dark colonial history All Things Africa 1
Liberty Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Au Naturale by Dark and Lovely Kicks Off TextureMedia's Texture On The Runway Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Is 'dark money' boosting Bernie Sanders? Black People Politics 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : The Best Dark Chocolate You Can Buy, According To America's Test Kitchen Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : DARK CHOCOLATE CURE FOR PANCREATIC CANCER? Black Health and Wellness 1
Angela22 Black Poetry : Heart So Dark Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Dark Times Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Two Venus's Two Emperors: Light vs dark AACOOLDRE 0
frankster Black People Politics : Colorism - The politics of Complexion...... Light skin vs Dark skin Black People Politics 3
Enki Black Poetry : DARK SIDE OF THE EARTH - ANTI-BULLYING SPOKEN WORD POETRY SHORT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
C Black People : Dark skin Black people never get any credit Black People Open Forum 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Shakespeare's Dark Lady AACOOLDRE 1
cherryblossom Black Women : Dark Girls - movie Black Women 4
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Easter's Dark Side Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5