Black People : Are Black People Now Convinced That Most White Folks Are Racist?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by AuthorLady, Apr 11, 2012.

1. AuthorLady

AuthorLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +117
    A young white Mississippi man, Deryl Dedmon was sentenced to life in prison for the hate crime murder of James Craig Anderson last June. The judge in the case said it was inexscusable.

It's just been a few weeks since the Trayvon Martin case hit the media, now we're dealing with 5 killings of African Americans by a crazed white killer in Oklahoma.

I just have one question today: Are Black People convinced that white folks really are racists and hate Black people?

Did this really have to happen to wake us up?

Obama's election brought out some of that old hate, but now there are white folks who seem to want to bring back the days of Jim Crow where it was open season on the killing and beating of Black people.

I've never been naive enough to believe that the Civil Rights movement changed anything in white folks. Laws were passed but people's hearts and minds are a matter all together.

And as an addendum, consider the recent killings by white gunmen on school campuses, office buildings et al.

What I have concluded is that there truly is a spiritual deficit in white folks. They are natural born psychopaths--not caring how their actions impact others.

They can't handle it. Then they nut up.

Should Black people consider buying more guns as a necessary means of protection?

We need to look this elephant in the eyes and call it out for what it is.

I'm getting registered for a gun license.

You should think about it too.

I think the writing is on the wall...

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    most black people already knew that white people were racists.
    if current events serve to wake up the sleepers that is a good thing.

3. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    it depends on your age range. Those over the age of 35 typically understand what's up, but those 30 and under are truly asleep.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister AuthorLady ... hmmmm ... good question ... most ... ?? ... i don't know.

I think responsible gun ownership should be encouraged.

I agree with you that the younger folk are missing out on the bigger picture, as it relates to race relations.

It's unfortunate, because they are our babies, and if they don't know ... that's our fault.

Thanks for sharing! ... i see the writer in you already ... the OP ... nice ... :)

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    Most young people today are literally oblivious about race relations in American history. Because racism is not as overt as it was in the sixties and in previous decades; they think that white people are benign. The true machination of their evil lies in their LIES and behavior.

A few weeks ago; a white female coworker came into a room full of Black people during lunch to announce that her biracial child doesn't like dark skinned Black people. I confronted the b*tch, but what struck me was the silence of the younger Black coworkers. Not one of them challenged her.

It was a stunner, but illustrates my point. Young Black simply do not know how to respond to overt racism; because they don't feel the threat as older Blacks do.

6. IntelligentNoire

IntelligentNoire Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148

Our kids don't respond because they have been taught that being passive aka turning the other cheek is what they are supposed to do, and if they do respond to ill treatment, they are usually heavily criticized, by of all people, other blacks.

7. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    And who keeps teaching them? There comes a time when you have to make young people understand that standing up for what is right is CORRECT. Doing nothing in the face of aggression when it is meant to demean is cowardly--and unacceptable. There is such a thing called righteous indignation.

8. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    I don't feel or think today's young folk are any less aware of the hypocrisy and deceit of the defenders of the white status quo than we are...What too many of us tend to do is to not be better role models for any who also choose to stand up (not kiss up) to the white haters etc. FYI...

9. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    I'm a role model everyday and my book, A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman illustrates just how much. You should get a copy. It's available online. If you are a member of Amazon.com, you an read excerpts.