Black People : Are Black People Inherently Inferior To White People?

Let me be the first to say, Karibu!

I got a chance to meet with you in chatroom when you expressed your concerns about this thread was received.

I don't believe you're were trying to be disruptive. So, I will attempt to address you questions...

ibrahim said:
Are Black people inherently inferior to the white people?. Were the precedding comments made by racist, or by learned men?

The pseudo-scientific theories put forth by the “so-called intellectuals” reinforced and comforted whites in their racist beliefs and practices. Comments like those you've listed from "so-called learned men" only served to buttress the white superiority idealogy, undergird white privlege, and generate discriminatory practices.

ibrahim said:
What is the fate of the Black people?

I'll attempt to answer this with a quote:

"Between every car on a train there is a linchpin. The linchpin joins the front car to the one that is next behind. It is not the strength of the front car that pulls the back car. It is the strength of the linchpin, which joins the first to the last. Do you see? Our history has been strong and deserves a future. Our hope is great and needs a pull from the past. History, however, does not touch hope without heritage. History cannot touch hope unless we stand as the linchpin, joining the past to the future." -Cathy Hughes

That's the way a look at it.

Enyi watu wangu!
(^Let me know if that translates the way I think it does)

Peace,
Lazarus
sonsofthediaspora.org

jamesfrmphilly said:
at 19 did it ever occur to the brother that he might want to learn rather than teach?

I'm sure he's qualified to do both, but i don't know what has occured to him.

Has it ever occurred to you, that we can learn much from our youth?

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Sister River ... this is not true. We do have a very low tolerance for such things, but "appearing to be" does not qualify for the ZeroTolerance list. Brother Ibrahim, and this thread, is a perfect example of why it should not.

We are wrong now, have been, and will continue to be.

We must learn to balance those things that "appear to be" a certain way, with our goal. Our goal is to unite and embrace every single Sister and Brother that joins us, that allows us to do that with them. We could have easily lost Brother Ibrahim, with all the "warmth" we showed him upon his arrival here.

We should not distrust so much, that we cannot trust.

Hello Brother Ibrahim !!!! :wave:

Family ... i had the pleasure of meeting our Dear Beloved Brother Ibrahim in the chat room today. He is such a pleasure! Wonderful company and conversation! He was on cam and trust, he is a very melanated Brother! Handsome! Beautiful Smile! Sweet Spirit! We are Blessed!

Brother Ibrahim ... i hope you don't mind me sharing with the Family, what you shared with us today in chat ... please forgive me if you do mind.

Brother Ibrahim is 19 years old, soon to be twenty, and has lived all of his years in Ghana! :love:

Brother Ibrahim registered yesterday, and yesterday, he also became a Premium Member! Not just for a month, but for a year! $100.00! Yall wanna know more? Let me tell you! Brother Ibrahim asked his Uncle, here in the US, to purchase his Premium Membership for him. His Uncle did! Is this not amazing?! Is this blessing missed on everyone, other than myself?!

This young Brother thought enough of us, before ever registering, to ask this of his Uncle, get permission, register, pay for a year, and then post his first 2 threads ... and we attack him because it "appears to be" something amiss.

Family ... ease up ... breathe ...

Let's not be so vigilant, that in our effort to lock out others, we lock out our own.

I've been here a long time, and i've found, that given enough time, the truth will reveal itself. You don't have to prompt it, urge it, squeeze it, or beat it to the ground. It will come out. So i patiently wait for that time to pass, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. I did it for each of you, and i'd like to encourage you all to do the same for others that join us.

We are not all the same here, and we are growing, which means we'll become even more diverse. Our, your, and my understanding of things, are not the only understanding. The way we would present something, is not the only way it can be presented. There are Sisters and Brothers around the world, that have questions, thoughts, and opinions. Let's give them a chance to present them in the best manner they can, and from there we will try to cipher together, peacefully, respectfully, and internationally!

We have an INTERNATIONAL PREMIUM MEMBER FROM GHANA! :love:

Welcome Welcome Welcome Brother Ibrahim and Thank You!

Brother Ibrahim ... did your Uncle visit the community? I guess he liked it, huh? Will he join us too? I surely hope so! Please let me know, and please tell him i said thank you!

Looking forward to chatting with you again soon!

If you have any questions, just ask us.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I just want to thank you all for all the replies. Sista Destee, yes my uncle liked the site but he says he can only be a guess and can't join since he is always a busy man. I know him for that, always travelling up and down and hardly gets time for himself. . BUt am glad he did pay for me and i want you all to help me thank him.
Destee, you made me feel at home.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back