Black People : ARE BLACK NAMES STUPID?

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
This topic is open for discussion. What are "we" to do about this?

Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Names

After Judge Cabrera’s historic ruling, little Clitoria Jackson will likely undergo a name change.

(DETROIT) In a decision that’s expected to send shockwaves through the African-American community—and yet, give much relief to teachers everywhere—a federal judge ruled today that black women no longer have independent naming rights for their children. Too many black children—and many adults—bear names that border on not even being words, he said.

“I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are giving their children,” said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera before rendering his decision. “Someone had to put a stop to it.”

http://thepeoplesnews.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/federal-judge-enough-with-the-stupid-names/

Personally I have no problem with the ruling what-so-ever. Since a vast majority of our people are infected by white supremacy and have assimilated the value systems of white people within ourselves, it does not surprise me that we would exhibit the effect of our sickness in the naming of our children. Even a person rebelling against white society on certain levels without any knowledge of self is still going to do so from a European perspective without knowing that they are doing it from that perspective....thus the ignorance displayed in the crazy names. We will reflect our conditions and our conditioning in one way or another if we have not been deprogrammed.

A name that can not be defended historically or culturally is an aberration of a peoples existence. I am not speaking of Europeans for they are an aberration also. We can get crazy by saying stupid things like; I'm in a land where they say we are free...and we ain't free from jack, so at least I'll be free to name my child whatever I want to since I ain't got it no where else...but that too is an effect of white supremacy....making the person a victim without the person knowing that they are a victim even in their act of rebellion in the naming process of their child.

Keita said:
Personally I have no problem with the ruling what-so-ever. Since a vast majority of our people are infected by white supremacy and have assimilated the value systems of white people within ourselves, it does not surprise me that we would exhibit the effect of our sickness in the naming of our children. Even a person rebelling against white society on certain levels without any knowledge of self is still going to do so from a European perspective without knowing that they are doing it from that perspective....thus the ignorance displayed in the crazy names. We will reflect our conditions and our conditioning in one way or another if we have not been deprogrammed.

A name that can not be defended historically or culturally is an aberration of a peoples existence. I am not speaking of Europeans for they are an aberration also. We can get crazy by saying stupid things like; I'm in a land where they say we are free...and we ain't free from jack, so at least I'll be free to name my child whatever I want to since I ain't got it no where else...but that too is an effect of white supremacy....making the person a victim without the person knowing that they are a victim even in their act of rebellion in the naming process of their child.

oh come on man! i agree with almost every post of yours I read,but get off these womens backs. They are simply showing creativity, what about whites with dumb namnes??? Boomer Esiaon? Dweezle and moon fry Zappa? Hanz and Franz?
Who cares if you want to create your own name, that is your business.This ruling will have no effect on "black names". Clitoria is a little strange possibly perverse , but why as a black man would you reinforce hatred of creative black names?

Whats next? we all have to dress the same,talk the same,and eat the same?

um

Therious said:
Whats next? we all have to dress the same,talk the same,and eat the same?

i thought we were doing this already

So I see that you didn't understand my post, huh? So lets break it down.

Since a vast majority of our people are infected by white supremacy and have assimilated the value systems of white people within ourselves, it does not surprise me that we would exhibit the effect of our sickness in the naming of our children.

Are you saying that I should agree with the effect of the sickness? I think not. I recognize it for what it is and understand why.

Even a person rebelling against white society on certain levels without any knowledge of self is still going to do so from a European perspective without knowing that they are doing it from that perspective....thus the ignorance displayed in the crazy names. We will reflect our conditions and our conditioning in one way or another if we have not been deprogrammed.

What up here did you disagree with? Are we not products of our conditions, our experiences and our education?...Who formed the conditions? Who was our educator?...and do we not take our education and our conditioning into our experiences? Seems to me that White supremacy got their hands all up in that too....so what are we reflecting if not the effects of white supremacy in our thoughts, conditions and experiences?

A name that can not be defended historically or culturally is an aberration of a peoples existence. I am not speaking of Europeans for they are an aberration also.

I specifically said in this post that it wasn't about Europeans and I'll be darn if you didn't come right behind me and use them as an example. See what I'm saying about white supremacy?...We are all victims and you just displayed it in this post. We as people have always been creative and no one should want to deny a mother that right...however, when that creativity has a European foundation to it then the cultural and historical extension and reality to who we are as a people is cut off. If a name is not African, Asian, Oriental, European or so called Indian...then what is it? Words like names reflect something or someone...whether cultural, historical, spiritual or idealistic.

We can get crazy by saying stupid things like; I'm in a land where they say we are free...and we ain't free from jack, so at least I'll be free to name my child whatever I want to since I ain't got it no where else...but that too is an effect of white supremacy....making the person a victim without the person knowing that they are a victim even in their act of rebellion in the naming process of their child.

So since you say that they are simply being creative, from what foundation are they being creative on? In other words, what reflection does their so called creativity reflect?...and remember, it has to reflect someone or something from somewhere.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back