Black People : Are Black Leaders Efective?

Natinr

BANNED
Jan 15, 2008
How effective have Black leaders been in dealing resolutely and positvely with these issues we see in the hood each day
1. unemployment
2. high school drop outrate
and youths lack of awareness of Afrocentricity
3. drugs pumped into our communities
4. overt racism on television and movies
5. need for a means to train and gainfully employing our young men and women coming out of;
prison and
the military
6.Need for Black cross emergency unit
7. Need for our own hospitals and our own natoinal medicaid to best service our elderly
8.Need for Black oversight Commitee
of Safe Living;
a. to monitor, and prevent toxic
dumping, adjacent to our comunities
b. to monitor an prevent, cancer causing power cables and microwave towers(cell phone) from being placed
adjacent to homes in our communities
c. to prevent the dumping of toxic toys
from China into our communities
d. to prevent poor quality, geneticaly processed and cloned foods fro entering our stores, (also preventing the
chemical based peudo malt liqours)
e. forbidin of cancer cuasing 24 hour fast food joints(chemilally processed and flavored chicken, burgers, pizza, fries;
to be replaced by our restaurants, private and coop.

Largely ineffective...

Natinr said:
How effective have Black leaders been in dealing resolutely and positvely with these issues we see in the hood each day
1. unemployment
2. high school drop outrate
and youths lack of awareness of Afrocentricity
3. drugs pumped into our communities
4. overt racism on television and movies
5. need for a means to train and gainfully employing our young men and women coming out of;
prison and
the military
6.Need for Black cross emergency unit
7. Need for our own hospitals and our own natoinal medicaid to best service our elderly
8.Need for Black oversight Commitee
of Safe Living;
a. to monitor, and prevent toxic
dumping, adjacent to our comunities
b. to monitor an prevent, cancer causing power cables and microwave towers(cell phone) from being placed
adjacent to homes in our communities
c. to prevent the dumping of toxic toys
from China into our communities
d. to prevent poor quality, geneticaly processed and cloned foods fro entering our stores, (also preventing the
chemical based peudo malt liqours)
e. forbidin of cancer cuasing 24 hour fast food joints(chemilally processed and flavored chicken, burgers, pizza, fries;
to be replaced by our restaurants, private and coop.

Why?

I cant list all of the reasons but Black leadership tends to model their behavior after white folks. When white folks start a housing development they build new schools but also here comes Lowes, Walmart, 7 Eleven, Target, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Starbucks...notice the treand. Retail. Low paying service sector jobs which attract minority and low income white laborers. Black leaders emulate this behavior and FRANCHISE these same fast food and retail establishments. Oh yeah. Cant forget Blockbuster and/or hollywood video outlets. Many of these establishments have "toxic work environments". I can attest to this from working at a 7-Eleven last summer...in the suburbs...lol!

There are a FEW programs to address numbers 1-7 but they are few and far between. The rest are a result of a LACK of "Black oversight".

The mission of the Tavis Smiley Foundation is to enlighten, encourage and empower youth by providing leadership skills that will promote the quality of life for themselves, their communities and our world.
Since its inception more than 3,000 youth ages 13 to 18 have participated in the foundations leadership training workshops and conferences. Many teens in the program have entered and completed college, organized health fairs and voter registration drivers, conducted teen town hall meetings, started businesses and interned with city mayors and presidential candidates.

YouthCouncil2006hp.jpg

http://www.youthtoleaders.org/home.asp

We need to get together to turn out comparable numbers. In addition we need to encourage other web communities, organizations, etc. to do the same.

jamesfrmphilly said:
can a really good jockey win a race on a lame horse?

I share Bro James' sentiments.

Another question to consider is: Are Black people effective followers?

Someone said, "If you call yourself a leader and look back to find that no one is following, then you're just out taking a stroll."

Hit me up on my new website: www.takingastroll.org

Seriously, I believe that if we become more involved in our communities and demonstrated social and political activism, effective leaders would emerge.

What's the difference between the generation of people in the civil-rights era and today's generation? Is it the people or the leadership?

I believe that there are among us, men and women who are as brave, as talented, as eloquent, as commited, kwk -if not more, than some of our Black leaders in the past.

The problem is that they don't aspire because they are not inspired.

Lazarus aka We

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back