Black People : Are Black folks the only folks looking for reparations??...!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sun Ship, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    I’m really glad that sister indya posted a snippet from the web page link entitled, SUMMARY of the Japanese Relocation and Internment in the US during WWII , with a little investigation into the political and philosophical reasoning of the author of that piece, W.J.Hopwood, CDR USNR (Ret.)…I’m starting to put the puzzle together.

Man… Oh man, what a hypocrite. I don’t think you knew what you were doing sister indya, but you presented the rantings of a man that is against your beliefs. For you believe that, “people should stop living off the injustices of the past”. Read an excerpt from another web page explaining the purpose of the organization to which William.J.Hopwood is a Board Advisor. I wonder if Hopwood is Black...because I can’t believe there are...WHITE FOLKS ALSO LOOKING FOR REPARATIONS!!!...?? ..:lol:

The History of the Center for Internee Rights, Inc.​

The Center for Internee Rights, Inc. (CFIR) was founded in 1990 by Gilbert M. Hair and several other former POWs and internees who were captured and interned by the Japanese in the Pacific in World War II. Its purpose was to seek justice for Japan's World War II victims and to seek recognition for these people who were so brutalized and so forgotten in our history. In 1991, CFIR was incorporated in California in 1991 as a non-profit, tax-exempt public benefit corporation. It later received its 501 (c)(3) exemption from the Internal Revenue Service. CFIR is registered in both California and Florida as a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation for the advocacy of former military POWs, civilian internees, those in hiding, or their next of kin of those who were captured and brutalized by Japanese Forces in World War II. CFIR's Federal ID is: #77-0313297. Dues, donations and contributions are tax deductible under applicable rules of the IRS.

CFIR, Inc. from its inception has been working with Military, Veterans, and Human Rights Organizations both in the United States and throughout the World. It is actively involved with the Asian-American community throughout the World on the similar issue of atrocities committed by Japan against its Asian neighbors.

CFIR is one of the six organizations that filed a claim against the Japanese Government seeking an official Japanese apology and individual compensation of US$ 20,000 (net) for victims of Japanese World War II transgressions. This landmark case was filed in Tokyo District Court on January 30th 1995 and after numerous briefs and witnesses the Tokyo District Court rendered a negative decision in November 1998. We filed the Appeal in the Tokyo Appellate Court the following day. After numerous hearings, submissions, and testimonies, the court will render a decision in mid 2001. If the decision is negative, we will immediately file an appeal to the Tokyo Supreme Court. CFIR Inc. is represented in this suit by the lawyers of KOGA & Partners (Tokyo) and Leigh, Day & Co. (London).

The Organizations that joined CFIR in this landmark case represent military POWs and civilian internees or their next of kin from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand. CFIR and its Lawyers, Historians, and Researchers are actively involved in seeking the declassification of documents pertaining to World War II Pacific Theater. CFIR is actively involved in curtailing the trend toward historical revisionism that exists in the world today.

The Center for Internee Rights is also actively involved in seeking justice for World War II victims of Japan in the Sub-Commission on Human Rights in the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. The Center, working with numerous other Veterans and Military Groups, is seeking passage of various Legislation in the US Congress to benefit its members and bring justice and recognition for their WWII experiences.

From its meager beginnings, CFIR has grown to over 8,000 paid members and is in communication with an additional 10,000 other former POW and civilian internees. Its massive database contains an abundant amount of material on some 22,000 American POWs and civilian internees captured and interned by Japan in the Pacific in World War II. It communicates with its members via its quarterly newsletter, Internee Affairs. This newsletter is distributed to some 10,000 people interested in the goals and objectives of CFIR. We represent 33,260 US Military, 13,996 US civilian internees, 200 Canadian civilian internees, 225 Filipino POWs, 300 assorted WWII Allied POWs/internees, their next of kin and those in hiding.

"check out this last paragraph indya, it almost make me want to join this organization.":lol:

Membership in The Center for Internee Rights is open to anyone who is interested in seeing that justice is done and that accurate history is maintained and that historical revisionism is stopped and that perpetrators of crimes against humanity are held responsible for their actions.

Oh man...These are my kind of people...where do I sign up!! :lol: ...or maybe they just hate japanese people...:confused:

The History of the Center for Internee Rights, Inc.

SUMMARY of the Japanese Relocation and Internment in the US during WWII

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    maybe they can help find my forty acres and my mule?

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I'd like to see her respond to this Brotha Sun

4. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I would love to respond to this.

Never did I say the Japanese didn't deserve compensation since the compensation went to the actual people who were detained, not their decendents. I stated that many Japanese were asked to move out of the military zone and 30,000 did so.

These white military people have every right to sue the Japanese. I would agree with them doing so as long as the compensation was limited to the actual people who were brutalized and not their decendents. Japan wasn't following the Geneva Convention when they instituten the Batan death march, among other atrocities.

Many people sue everyday because of things THAT WERE DONE TO THEM.

5. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    and people also suit because for what does not rightfully belong to them. There is a class action suit brought against the insurance giant Aetna. The thread on reperations is replete with anectdotal evidence proving how companies, TODAY, have gotten wealthy because of slavery.

If you rob a man of his earnings and you become rich, and pass it down to your children's children, then the money does not rightfully belong to them. It should be given to the direct descendants of the man that was robbed. But I bet you think the white man should keep all the ill-gotten funds he's managed to swindle away, for himself and his descendants. Only a Tom would think that way

6. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I don't like class action law suites because generally the only person who gets wealthy or benefits from them are the lawyers who bring the suit. A million people involved in a law suit for 10 million, the lawyer gets 30% the rest is split up leaving the people with, not much, about $7 before taxes.

If someone robs me, I will go after that person.

In 150 yrs my decendents shouldn't go after the decendents of the man who robbed me.

The Japanese who were given compensation and the military men from WW II are asking for compensation to the people who suffered the atrocity.

7. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23

Have I stooped to the level of calling you names? NO I haven't.

I'm not small minded so I don't have to resort to name calling and insults.

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Frankly who cares if you don't like class actions suits, you miss the point entirely. Typical of you. You tend to speak of me quite a bit when it comes to issues concerning black people.

You do love the white man, so much so that he can do no wrong. This is all I have to say to you, you're a waste and probably a provacateur. just like Isaiah said. I'm sure your friend the white man is smiling down on you.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I didn't call you a name, I said only a Tom thinks like that. But if you infer that I called you a Tom, oops, my bad

10. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23

You were replying to something I said, and then stated that "only a Tom would say that". Ya, I took it that you were insulting me because you were. At least have the B*lls to admit when you insult someone instead of hiding behind the above statement.

The next time you reply to something I said, I'll look over my shoulder to see who your talking to.