Black People Politics : Are Americans too racist to vote for Obama?

MysteryDoors

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 4, 2008
(US News) That's a question that's going to be raised a lot between now and November, not least by Barack Obama, as he did at this Jacksonville fundraiser. "They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/25/usnews/whispers/main4208688.shtml

Are Americans Too Racist To Vote For Barack Obama For President?

I think Obama is going to get the ultimate seat! I just don't see how he can't win it. I just don't think McCain is strong enough to pull it off. Besides, I think most of America is ready for a democrat to correct the havoc that the republicans have caused the last eight years.

The only way it won't happen if Bush uses his increased presidential powers to declare martial law . . .

I think the point is moot.

He is already the leader of a major political party in the West. That has not happened ever. The question is actually two questions.

1. Is America racist?

Absolutely!

2. Can Barack win?

Absolutely!

I think we have this thing weighted wrong. No matter what happens, the U.S. is a country built on "White" supremacist ideals and beliefs. Is this a step in the right direction? That is a possible question that could come out of this. Right now, I would say yes.

And even though we all know this country to be as racist as rice is white, most of us are still having a tough time grasping this possibility. We always knew we could get some backwards self-hating Tom to become President.

But we didn't expect Barack. He certainly ain't perfect. . .but he is light years away from Clarence Thomas.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back