Black People : Are americans obsessed with race?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by magyarmaiden, May 19, 2013.

1. magyarmaiden

magyarmaiden Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    In your opinion, do you think americans are obsessed with race and make it a issue far too much? Or in case you have traveled or lived abroad and you can compare US society with another, do you think it is more or less the same?

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    White people are obessed with "race". You know the type I speak of.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    What do you mean by Americans? Lets call it what it is; WHITE PEOPLE! White people created a system of white supremacy based upon race and placed each member of various races on a ladder of so called intelligence and social standing according to human existence. They then incorporated this into all areas of people activity that taught and indoctrinated the masses of people with it through those systems called religion, education, media, economics, judicial, sports, war, sex and entertainment. This is global and I, since I am from another country, can attest that this system is universal. The difference is that this country is the CENTER of it all. But where ever there are white people this thought process is ingrained, whether they be rich or poor.

4. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    :bowdown:

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318
    Uh, no. I sure think the media is though.

I do believe others without this country think, whether black or white, Americans are obsessed with race. However, it would seem that black Americans are just more likely to be put in the forefront when we speak out against something wrongfully done against one of us.

Like Keita stated, this country is the center of it all, so what goes down here, everybody in the world gonna hear about it. And since it happens often, many think that's all we are about.

Meanwhile, other predominately white countries play down their racism, thus white people who live there tend to brag that they have no problems with race whatsoever when, in fact, that is a blatant lie.

I've seen a but a few blacks of other countries call out whites from their own country, such as Australia and New Zealand, as playing down the racism they have to endure everyday. It's spoken out against, but whites overseas always use the "America is much worse" line to defend their actions and stance.

Again, I don't think it's Americans as a whole, but I think it's the media that's obsessed; why? Because it riles people up. Why does it do that? Shoot, I guess you'll just have to ask the individual.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    white people the world over are obsessed with stealing others resources…..

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
  8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Beg pardon? The topic is "Are Americans obsessed with race." Perhaps I should have written - black, white, RED. The very FIRST article of the Constitution talks about RACE, i.e., the RACES of the people who inhabit the land. So the answer to the topic question is "yes," from the very beginning, Americans are, and have always been, obsessed with race.... because Race is written into the Constitution.

Sorry for the assumption that folks would know I was PROVING race is and has always been an obsession of Americans by copying, verbatim, the part of the Constitution that talks specifically about race. That it talked about Race in conjuction with info about who gets how many seats in the House of Representatives is, for the topic of "Are Americans obsessed with RACE"..... irrelevant. :)

9. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Yes. And generally speaking, the world is obsessed with difference. Difference in ethnicity, custom, religion, size, thinking... you name it. But their are differences worldwide in how difference is dealt with. Fearful nations react violently to difference.. and their is no nation more fearful than America.
    Because they know at some point that Karmactic whip is bound to come around.. sooner or later.
    there's just too much blood to be atoned for.

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    No one said that and I wasn't talking about that. I used it SOLELY an example of America being obsessed with race.

Why? I was talking about R.A.C.E. and Article I says NOTHING about any Indian "nations." Which, I'm pretty sure, most are aware of, thus no need to go Off Topic and remind us.

Again, why do you persist in making these OFF TOPIC comments when I have said before that my SOLE ("only") purpose in using Article I was to show America has always been obsessed with race?:10500:

ok.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are African Americans obsessed with race