Black Spirituality Religion : Are all believers in God automatically idol worshipers?

Greatest I am

BANNED
Jun 20, 2016
Are all believers in God automatically idol worshipers?

All believers in God are following an entity that they only know by what other people have said about that God. Few, if any, know their God from apotheosis or first-hand information.

That fact makes whoever that God is, an idol.

It must be so, as what is believed is not a known or real entity. Believers have no real or personal knowledge or experience of their God. All a believer can have is faith in whichever God they are idolizing based on what others have said.

Do you, as a believer, recognize that you are an idol worshiper?

Regards

DL

Ancient Wisdom in the Age of the New Science

The Ritual Law was the desire of a God working in and through history. The divine "purpose" of the law was to abolish idolatry.

Specifically, Maimonides claimed it was designed to oppose the idolatry of the "Sabians", whom
Maimonides described as a widespread pagan people, drawing on the Filahat al-Nabatiyyah ("Nabataean agriculture"), putatively translated from Syriac into Arabic by Ibn Wahshiyya, and which Maimonides believed to be a truly ancient Sabian work. Too immersed in paganism to be left with no ritual at all, the Jews were....

Read more in the book linked below.

I do not have the time for fantasy but thanks anyway.

Regards
DL

Are all believers in God automatically idol worshipers?

All believers in God are following an entity that they only know by what other people have said about that God. Few, if any, know their God from apotheosis or first-hand information.

That fact makes whoever that God is, an idol.

It must be so, as what is believed is not a known or real entity. Believers have no real or personal knowledge or experience of their God. All a believer can have is faith in whichever God they are idolizing based on what others have said.

Do you, as a believer, recognize that you are an idol worshiper?

Regards

DL

:hello: Greatest I am ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Based on the above, it sounds like you do not believe there is a being higher than yourself?

Is that the case?

It's certainly okay. You are not the first to have or share such thinking with us.

I notice you are asking (all) believers to confirm your assessment of them or how they worship.

That would be difficult to do, since all are not here to speak for themselves.

Why not tell us more about what you believe - or, in this case - what you do not believe.

Some would consider your premise fantasy as well - but that won't keep us from discussing it.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

:hello: Greatest I am ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Based on the above, it sounds like you do not believe there is a being higher than yourself?

Is that the case?

It's certainly okay. You are not the first to have or share such thinking with us.

I notice you are asking (all) believers to confirm your assessment of them or how they worship.

That would be difficult to do, since all are not here to speak for themselves.

Why not tell us more about what you believe - or, in this case - what you do not believe.

Some would consider your premise fantasy as well - but that won't keep us from discussing it.

Thanks in advance.

Destee

I am a Gnostic Christian.

If you know what that is then good.

This site will not let me post links and I do not have the hours I would need to explain my belief.

But yes, like the Jewish oral tradition, there is no God that a man cannot best.

You might note how secular laws have bested all biblical laws and why most Christians would never want to live by their God's laws.

Regards
DL

I am a Gnostic Christian.

If you know what that is then good.

This site will not let me post links and I do not have the hours I would need to explain my belief.

But yes, like the Jewish oral tradition, there is no God that a man cannot best.

You might note how secular laws have bested all biblical laws and why most Christians would never want to live by their God's laws.

Regards
DL

Thanks for sharing.

Once you have 25 posts you will be able to leave links - it's a spam prevention measure.

I think that is why there are so many spiritual paths available, because people think different.

You're as entitled to yours as the next person is theirs, including those that do not believe at all.

I do not know anything about Gnostic Christians, but i hope you participate enough to share more on it.

Looking forward to learning.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back