Black Spirituality Religion : Are all believers in God automatically idol worshipers?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Greatest I am, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +11
    Are all believers in God automatically idol worshipers?

All believers in God are following an entity that they only know by what other people have said about that God. Few, if any, know their God from apotheosis or first-hand information.

That fact makes whoever that God is, an idol.

It must be so, as what is believed is not a known or real entity. Believers have no real or personal knowledge or experience of their God. All a believer can have is faith in whichever God they are idolizing based on what others have said.

Do you, as a believer, recognize that you are an idol worshiper?

Regards

DL

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Ancient Wisdom in the Age of the New Science
    http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781107105881

The Ritual Law was the desire of a God working in and through history. The divine "purpose" of the law was to abolish idolatry.

Specifically, Maimonides claimed it was designed to oppose the idolatry of the "Sabians", whom
    Maimonides described as a widespread pagan people, drawing on the Filahat al-Nabatiyyah ("Nabataean agriculture"), putatively translated from Syriac into Arabic by Ibn Wahshiyya, and which Maimonides believed to be a truly ancient Sabian work. Too immersed in paganism to be left with no ritual at all, the Jews were....

Read more in the book linked below.

https://books.google.com/books?id=XZqNCgAAQBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=PA56#v=onepage&q&f=false

3. Greatest I am

Canada
    Ratings:
    +11
    I do not have the time for fantasy but thanks anyway.

Regards
    DL

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

:hello: Greatest I am ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Based on the above, it sounds like you do not believe there is a being higher than yourself?

Is that the case?

It's certainly okay. You are not the first to have or share such thinking with us.

I notice you are asking (all) believers to confirm your assessment of them or how they worship.

That would be difficult to do, since all are not here to speak for themselves.

Why not tell us more about what you believe - or, in this case - what you do not believe.

Some would consider your premise fantasy as well - but that won't keep us from discussing it.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

5. Greatest I am

Canada
    Ratings:
    +11
    I am a Gnostic Christian.

If you know what that is then good.

This site will not let me post links and I do not have the hours I would need to explain my belief.

But yes, like the Jewish oral tradition, there is no God that a man cannot best.

You might note how secular laws have bested all biblical laws and why most Christians would never want to live by their God's laws.

Regards
    DL

• Like Like x 1
    • False False x 1
    • List
  6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Thanks for sharing.

Once you have 25 posts you will be able to leave links - it's a spam prevention measure.

I think that is why there are so many spiritual paths available, because people think different.

You're as entitled to yours as the next person is theirs, including those that do not believe at all.

I do not know anything about Gnostic Christians, but i hope you participate enough to share more on it.

Looking forward to learning.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

7. Greatest I am

Canada
    Ratings:
    +11
    There is more than one type of Jesus in the scriptures.

Simply stated, Christianity tries to sell the Roma *** kissing Jesus that wants us to be slaved to him as God.

Gnostic Christianity sells the Jesus spoken of in these quotes that wants to free us from religious dogma and follow him in taking control of our thinking.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Do you want to be a slave to religion or a brethren to Jesus?

Please Google Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli for the philosophical view on this.

Regards
    DL

8. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

I would suggest that once a person starts "believing," they're already going in the wrong direction.

Peace

9. Greatest I am

Canada
    Ratings:
    +11
    +1

No argument.

Regards
    DL

10. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +299
    So that is because you "believe" that Christ is a lie so is his Father, and the Holy Spirit, because you believe there is no such thing as spirit? Therefore there is no Devil because you don't remember ever being tempted when you know what a lie is, and you know what happens to those who love a lie? It sets them free of worry about consequences -- for the moment. Is this the right direction?