Black People : Are African Americans doomed?

kente417mojo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 22, 2004
I listen to this internet radio show based in Los Angeles and a topic made me think of something interesting. Is the black community in America so far gone that it's really not worth trying to wake them? Is the materialism and Western lifestyle so embedded in us that we are pretty much hopeless. Should more focus be on saving and developing Africa than trying to save a lot of people that really don't want to be saved? Think about it, even if conscious minded black folks could get a message out that would reach every African American, would it do any good? Are African Americans too caught up in Western living to even consider any other lifestyle? I always hear about the huge difference in mentality that Africans have compared to African Americans. What do you guys think? I'm sure we all know people that seem to love the way things are and think anything else is stupid. Some people seem to think "leaving the lost ones behind" would be a better approach, instead of wasting time and money trying to show them the alternative.

Kente

Respect

Sometimes I get down in the dumps when driving down the boulevard and seeing the condition of our people too, but keep your head up.

Surely the world goes in cycles and those who are down eventually rise up and vice versa, just try to make sure you stay safe and LIVE to see our eventual rise.

Should more focus be on saving and developing Africa than trying to save a lot of people that really don't want to be saved?
Yes.
Developing and investment should be the primary goal of a chosen few among us who are genuinely concerned with the well being of our race and have the moral and intellectual fortitude to help uplift ourselves.

Also, this is why instead of focusing on "black people" as a whole, it would be wiser to just focus on networking and building with those black people who share similar values and build amongst ourselves.

Think about it, even if conscious minded black folks could get a message out that would reach every African American, would it do any good? Are African Americans too caught up in Western living to even consider any other lifestyle?
Yes again.
I've been saying for about 2 years now that we are very spoiled and selfish as a people.

Even most black people who are considered "poor" are well dressed, overweight, and got a cell phone stuck to their ears grinning and joking away.
Life isn't that hard for us compared to other black people around the world.
We just don't have our priorities together.

I always hear about the huge difference in mentality that Africans have compared to African Americans. What do you guys think?
From my personal experiences, the Africans I've met were much smarter, better educated, and just plain more intelligent than not only black Americans but white Americans aswell.

People always want to talk about the Asians, but the Africans do just as well.

They get good grades is school, have intact families, stay out of trouble, and usually own their own well ran businesses.

This is because they were raised with different values and had a much stricter upbringing that gave them the discipline to succeed when they finally came West.

I'm sure we all know people that seem to love the way things are and think anything else is stupid. Some people seem to think "leaving the lost ones behind" would be a better approach, instead of wasting time and money trying to show them the alternative.
I think everyone deserves and opportunity.
We all were lost at some point in time and it took maybe a speech or some positive brother or sister woke us up with interesting conversation.

Perhaps it was a book we read that woke us up.

But this snake has bitten everyone of us so it's only fair that everyone gets an opportunity to be offered an antidote before they are written off and left to die.

So as we network among ourselves to build and progress, the doors should always be open for those who want to humble themselves as long as they respect the community and make an effort to reform themselves.

James

i think the current generation is lost.
???

Ain't you the same brutha who said just a few days ago:

"there seem to be several individuals who are quite anxious to criticize the black community.
while professing love for us their views seem to actually be a closet form of NAS* syndrome.
they inform us that there is no gain without pain and then gleefully go about the business of inflicting as much pain as they can.
i sometimes wonder, "whose side are you on"?
is that just what the community needs right now, another source of pain?"

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34265&page=1

Make up your mind black man! :pie:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back