Pan Africanism : Arabs cannot be Pan Africanists

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Kadijah, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    This is one of the most powerful statements I've ever read!

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

Based on the experience of a brutha who was a delegate to that Congress told to me and another sistah, I doubt if much "force" was needed. In 1974, black women had started wearing corn rows, and most of the sistahs at 6 PAC were wearing them. Turns out the Arabs didn't like that the American women chose to wear corn rows. They cornered this brutha and a couple others and DEMANDED that they make the sistahs take down the corn rows.

Now at this development, my friend and I are waiting to hear some baaad-a retorts our older friend laid on the interlopers. NOT! Ole boy said, instead, that when "commanded" (not his word, mine) by the Arabs, they went to the sistas and "asked" them to take down the corn rows and wear their hair in afroes because the Arabs didn't like them. The sistas complied (with the 'pretty, please?') and the U.S. bruthas "saved face" before the Arabs by showing they could "control" their women.

Anyhoo, :10400:we're waiting to hear what happened next, and he just goes on to another subject. My friend and I looked at each other, but unfortunately, neither of us were "impolite" enough to say: "So what did you get in return for that concession? You know, as in I give you something, you give me something...." But alas. Showing they could 'control' their women to the Arabs was the fly bruthas' reward.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    me no like arabs…..