Africa : Arab Racism in Africa

uplift19 said:
I would say just as much as the "race" of the Tutsi or Hutu. Or even better, just as much as Islam being an Arabic word has to do with the religion.

There are some who argue that ALL "organized" religion simply seeks to control people. Do you agree with that notion?

Yes I do believe that organized religion seeks to control people for the most part. In my opinion, religion should serve only one main purpose......to be a people's unique celebration of the greater UNIVERSAL Truth. However, that's not what it is....it's become instead people's manipulation and interpretation of "God's" "word" (often by FORCE as is in this case) so that they can live with privilege at the expense of others.

Although Black/African people have many issues with which we need to deal, I would certainly not compare the Rwandan situation with that of Arabic oppression of African people...especially since I understand that much of the Rwandan tragedy had been covertly and overtly spurned on some decades prior by European (yet other outsiders) manipulation and sabotage of 'tribal' relations.

Blaklioness said:
Yes I do believe that organized religion seeks to control people for the most part. In my opinion, religion should serve only one main purpose......to be a people's unique celebration of the greater UNIVERSAL Truth. However, that's not what it is....it's become instead people's manipulation and interpretation of "God's" "word" (often by FORCE as is in this case) so that they can live with privilege at the expense of others.
Then in that case the question you asked was rhetorical, as you already have your own point of view on the matter.

Although Black/African people have many issues with which we need to deal, I would certainly not compare the Rwandan situation with that of Arabic oppression of African people...especially since I understand that much of the Rwandan tragedy had been covertly and overtly spurned on some decades prior by European (yet other outsiders) manipulation and sabotage of 'tribal' relations.
It is often convenient to call anyone who does something wrong an "outsider" as if we can do no wrong to ourselves. Of course it is not in our NATURE to do these things, but there are some Black "outsiders" as well. There are some Black Africans calling themselves Arab. This is a sickness and Arab nationalism has been incorporated into Islam as a religion (although Islam is not just a religion :fyi: but that is another topic).

And in comparison to Christianity, Islam has never taught that God has a white man for a son, as most missionaries taught Africans, and therefore He Himself must be white. Arab culture is often confused with Islamic culture. So, these Black folks calling themselves Arab who are hurting other Africans has everything to do with self-hatred and nothing to do with Islam (if you understood). Which, I might add, is OUR problem and not the problem of the Arab.

uplift19 said:
Then in that case the question you asked was rhetorical, as you already have your own point of view on the matter.

It is often convenient to call anyone who does something wrong an "outsider" as if we can do no wrong to ourselves. Of course it is not in our NATURE to do these things, but there are some Black "outsiders" as well. There are some Black Africans calling themselves Arab. This is a sickness and Arab nationalism has been incorporated into Islam as a religion (although Islam is not just a religion :fyi: but that is another topic).

And in comparison to Christianity, Islam has never taught that God has a white man for a son, as most missionaries taught Africans, and therefore He Himself must be white. Arab culture is often confused with Islamic culture. So, these Black folks calling themselves Arab who are hurting other Africans has everything to do with self-hatred and nothing to do with Islam (if you understood). Which, I might add, is OUR problem and not the problem of the Arab.

Actually that question could be correctly classified as 'semi-rhetorical'....I have my views but so do others. I wanted to hear theirs.

My comments did include the admission of SELF-guilt in case you didn't catch that. That is not, however, an overlooking of outsider interference and guilt. I don't know how many of my posts you've read, but I can assure you that I do believe in properly identifying and dealing with the enemy within...without a doubt. I'm sure a similar argument can be made that, like Islam, Christianity can be separated from the racist agenda of its core practitioners. However, the fact remains that religion has been used as a tool of oppression......only a small percentage of the world's religious practitioners dare to question, challenge, and revolutionize their instititutional beliefs. Those folks get my upmost respect....cause they're attempting to make their religion work FOR instead of AGAINST them. That is certainly not the case for most people.

I don't agree with Islam or Christianity. However, I do know that most are going to stay true to their beliefs, regardless of what others think or its historical origins.

That being said, I highly doubt the majority of black Muslims would espouse or support the type of racism Arabs purported in their religion. The presence of the NOI, (a religious/political perspective that offers mindsets that would appeal to most of the Nationalists here), should be evidence that people have the ability to practice religious ideals according to their situation, even if parts of those ideals were once used for purposes of evil.

karmashines said:
I don't agree with Islam or Christianity. However, I do know that most are going to stay true to their beliefs, regardless of what others think or its historical origins.

That being said, I highly doubt the majority of black Muslims would espouse or support the type of racism Arabs purported in their religion. The presence of the NOI, (a religious/political perspective that offers mindsets that would appeal to most of the Nationalists here), should be evidence that people have the ability to practice religious ideals that best suite their situation, even if parts of ideals were once used for purposes of evil.

True on the first point and sadly if those beliefs are working against them.

True on the second point and wonderful if they are truly attempting to revolutionize their religious beliefs. However, it wouldn't explain all those "black" Muslims allowing themselves to be used as tools of oppression against Blacks in North/East Africa.

AGAIN, no religious beliefs should allow people to believe that suffering on this plane will guarantee prosperity on another. THAT is a sign that a religion is being used for immoral reasons.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back