Black People : Aquisition of Elder Knowledge and Wisdom

Bootzey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Elderly people have a lot of great information to pass on to subsequent generations. The problem is, they rarely do. They have been widows/widowers, single parents, unemployed with mortgages, dealt with family members with issues, had baby mama/daddy issues, have had crises of faith, brushes with violence, have been remarried with children, etc. Nearly everything that we currently experience, they have already dealt with.

If you could question an elderly person about their life's experiences, and receive non-judgemental answers, what would your questions be?

Elderly people have a lot of great information to pass on to subsequent generations. The problem is, they rarely do. They have been widows/widowers, single parents, unemployed with mortgages, dealt with family members with issues, had baby mama/daddy issues, have had crises of faith, brushes with violence, have been remarried with children, etc. Nearly everything that we currently experience, they have already dealt with.

If you could question an elderly person about their life's experiences, and receive non-judgemental answers, what would your questions be?

this is BS. everybody knows that all knowledge around here is held by young cats. they know it all and they got the videos to back it up.
anytime i dare open my mouth to say anything around here you all come down on me like a ton of bricks.

most old people don't even bother. why take the grief?

this is BS. everybody knows that all knowledge around here is held by young cats. they know it all and they got the videos to back it up.
anytime i dare open my mouth to say anything around here you all come down on me like a ton of bricks.
i been called just about everything in the books.
there is no respect.

most old people don't even bother. why take the grief?

There is a reason for that Mr. JFP.

I am truly interested in what elder people have to say. I was wondering if other people had their own interest in what older people have to say as well. I'm certain when they were collecting slave narratives, the thoughts of the slaves were that no one would be interested in what they had to say. And now there are volumes and HBO specials dedicated to it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back