Black Relationships : APPROACHING BLACK WOMEN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Brothers, we've heard each other's styles and approaches to engaging our sisters, but never in a whole thread that might possibly be beneficial to brothers who might be having some difficulties with the process... I thought it might be an interesting idea for us to solicit the advice of each brother -without judgement of his personal methods and approaches - so that other brothers might be able to pick up a pointer or two on this...

As you know, the whole courtship thing is a process, and some brothers may be good at the "ice-breaking" stage of that process, while still others are not... This does NOT mean the brother who is not, does not have the prerequistes to be a wonderful conversationalist(if only sisters understood that)... It may mean he is shy, or a little unsure of what works, or unsure himself period, and yet once he gets cookin' and comfortable, he's a different person(would that sisters understood that, as well)...

In any event, I thought a sharing thread like this would be good for all of us... I've noticed some of the brothers here have mad smoothness, and was wondering if you might not like to share that smoothness with some of the rest of us... Sisters may participate as well...

Peace!
Isaiah

Dearest Brother Isaiah....you are one of the most valuable members in this community and you constantly prove how much you love your Black people. But brother, lately, you have been lighting some fires under people's butts with your selection of topics. :jumping:

Whew, I just hope this one doesn't go by the way of some of it's predecessors. Looking forward to a productive, intelligent and CALM discussion.

Wishing us all the best,
Queenie :heart: :)

I think brothas need to try and just cease with the lines. I meet people naturally. I usually don't see someone and try and gather myself and think of a line to spit at her. If I'm in the music store I might strike up a conversation about a cd she picks up. Or I might make a comment about the food in her basket in the grocery store. Other than that, I don't approach women that often. There has to be something pretty special about you to make me approach someone. I think the most important thng is to try and make it as natural as possible. Also, read her demeanor. If she looks like one of those man-haters....keep it movin'.

NNQueen said:
Dearest Brother Isaiah....you are one of the most valuable members in this community and you constantly prove how much you love your Black people. But brother, lately, you have been lighting some fires under people's butts with your selection of topics. :jumping:

Whew, I just hope this one doesn't go by the way of some of it's predecessors. Looking forward to a productive, intelligent and CALM discussion.

Wishing us all the best,
Queenie :heart: :)

Hi, Queenie, how're you this morning!

Wow, I hope this kind of thread will yeild some good ideas for ALL of us, as none of us is perfect in this area... Most of us have found some keys, some solutions, but we could always use another key to open the hearts and minds of our beloved Black Women... I sure hope THAT would not cause brothers to descend into fighting and jabbing at one another, because that would tell me we got problems - WHEW!(smile!)

Again, I want brothers to bring their unique perspectives without JUDGEMENT from other brothers... If you cannot do that, then find another thread to vent your stuff on... I like to think of this thread as our attemtpt to bring us closer to what we want by providing us with(forgive the pun)more ammunition and weapons in which to secure a sister's heart... This is not about judging a brother's game, or I would not have put this thread up... Hope we can all learn a thing or two Queenie, my teacher...:book:

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:

As you know, the whole courtship thing is a process, and some brothers may be good at the "ice-breaking" stage of that process, while still others are not... This does NOT mean the brother who is not, does not have the prerequistes to be a wonderful conversationalist(if only sisters understood that)... It may mean he is shy, or a little unsure of what works, or unsure himself period, and yet once he gets cookin' and comfortable, he's a different person(would that sisters understood that, as well)...

Sisters may participate as well...

Peace!
Isaiah

These are things that I really wish Sisters would understand as well.....But alas, I realize that I can't sit around waiting for Sisters to get it, any longer, and that I must do something about my own predicament, if it is ever to change for the better.

To my Brother Isaiah and any other teach-worthy Brother, you have a most humble and willing pupil :bully:

PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back