Black Short Stories : Appreciating the Simple Things

mzpoetic8705

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 24, 2004
**THIS IS NOT A SHORT STORY, BUT IT IS MORE OF AN ESSAY....SO ENJOY**

It seems like the older I get the more appreciative I become. No longer do I look for fancy, luxurious or extravagant clothing to fulfill the empty wholes in my life. I have come to realize that life is indeed what one makes it. Although some people claim to find happiness in material things, we know that true happiness lies in the simplicities of life. These luxurious simplicities are hot bubble baths with rasberry-scented candles that I purchased from the local 99 cents store. Some may call me cheap, but I call it surviving. The word luxurious is deeper than it appears to be. Luxury is comfort. What kind of comfort? I’ll leave that up to you to decide. We are all different. What may be comfortable to me may not be so comfortable to you. But what I will say is that we tend to travel far to find luxury, when luxury can be found right beneath our noses.

We all need some time to get away. Whether it is for health related issues or just to satisfy our own pleasures. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always wanted to meet the one individual who was responsible for the elimination of segregation. I’ve always wanted to meet Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Not to glorify him for anything, but just to say “thanks,” and to show him my appreciation for his “dream”. I would use the time with him to educate myself on my own personal history as a young black woman. I know that this day is far from reality, but sometimes it’s good to dream. Take it from Martin Luther King, he dreamed numerous of years, but without warning his dream came true; “that one day we will be treated as equal!”

-MzPoetic

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
very nicely done it was a great read too thankz for sharing

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Very Nice. You will go far finding pleasure in simply things. That will really be appreciated and you will always find happiness in family matters. Sitting on the sofa with someone you love. Resting on sunday looking at the butterflies.
The dreams are unlimited on the simpy pleasures.

Everything new last only a few days, but the pleasures of simply things linger with you years and for days.

If you get a chance visit his home he grew up in in Atlanta. I did it was a geat experience. He has always held a special place in my heart. He came to my attention at the age of ten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
howardtsu Black Poetry : Appreciating her Water Fountain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
M Black People : Not so simple symbols Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 8 Simple Tips to Live Longer and Healthier Black Health and Wellness 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Saline: This Simple, Lifesaving Liquid Is Suddenly in Short Supply Black Health and Wellness 1
Enki Black People Politics : It Is Sad When Blacks Are So Scared Of YT That They Can't Admit A Simple Truth. Black People Politics 2
serious brother Black Spirituality Religion : Simple Proof --- Jesus was a black man Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 88
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 9 Simple Ways to Keep Food Fresh/Foods to never put in the refrigerator Black Health and Wellness 5
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Simple Plan Short Stories - Authors - Writing 15
KingSango Black People : Africa vs Black American. Simple economics. Black People Open Forum 28
ckoolbreez Black Christians : A Simple Prayer Christian Study Group 15
TotalView Black Poetry : just a simple note Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : HOW LONG, YE SIMPLE ONES , WILL YE LOVE SIMPLICITY ? Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
noor100 Bread Pasta Recipe : Simple Pizza Crust Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Feather Quiet Poetry Lounge : <3 The Simple Things I just Love About You...<3 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ankhur Black People : A Simple Question about the Growing Poverty Figures, as the rich get Phatt Black People Open Forum 7
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Create a Simple Budget Black Money Business Jobs 2
R Black Poetry : Being Simple Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
B Black Poetry : Simple Pleasures... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Knowledge Seed Black People : Street Psychology: A Simple System for Improving Relationships in Everyday Life Black People Open Forum 2
M Black Poetry : SIMPLE OLE SKOOL FLOW Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Beverage Drink Recipe : Sweet Iced Tea (Very Simple Version) Food Discussion and Recipes 9
asimplepoet Black Picture Image Gallery : a simple pic from a simplepoet Black Picture Image Gallery 13
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : SIMPLE REQUEST Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black Money Business Jobs : A Simple Budget Black Money Business Jobs 8
watzinaname Black Poetry : Not as Simple as it Seems... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : The simple life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
D Black Entertainment : Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are Fat Camp Counselors in ‘The Simple Life’ Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly A Simple Step to Reduce Your Stress Black Health and Wellness 1
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : A Simple Question... Omowale Jabali 55
S Black Spirituality Religion : A simple question... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
I Black People : Mis-education of the simple Black People Open Forum 1
MzBlkAngel Quiet Poetry Lounge : Simple song...I won’t drift away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
E Black Short Stories : The Simple Truth Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
J Black Spirituality Religion : simple question??? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 36
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Simple Request Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
S Black Haiku : Too Simple... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Simple Thought......of.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : Something Simple... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
tzevi1278 Black Haiku : a simple haiku Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
P I have a simple question... Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
kente417mojo Black Relationships : Simple Things Black Relationships 33
triniti424 Black Poetry : Simple Longings... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 27
N Black Poetry : It could be so simple(lauryn sd it best) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
daroc Black People : SIMPLE QUESTION.... Black People Open Forum 17
T Black Poetry : Simple deception Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
J Black Poetry : simple. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : THREE SIMPLE WORDS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Simple......... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
P Black Poetry : If it all could be so simple Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Just a simple poem….. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7