Black People : AP poll: Majority harbor prejudice against blacks

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Racial attitudes have not improved in the four years since the United States elected its first black president, an Associated Press poll finds, as a slight majority of Americans now express prejudice toward blacks whether they recognize those feelings or not.
    Those views could cost President Barack Obama votes as he tries for re-election, the survey found, though the effects are mitigated by some Americans' more favorable views of blacks.
    Racial prejudice has increased slightly since 2008 whether those feelings were measured using questions that explicitly asked respondents about racist attitudes, or through an experimental test that measured implicit views toward race without asking questions about that topic directly.
    In all, 51 percent of Americans now express explicit anti-black attitudes, compared with 48 percent in a similar 2008 survey. When measured by an implicit racial attitudes test, the number of Americans with anti-black sentiments jumped to 56 percent, up from 49 percent during the last presidential election. In both tests, the share of Americans express

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-poll-majority-harbor-prejudice-against-blacks-073551680--election.html

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

This does not surprise me... What I have found is that on the networking sites...when white folks express themselves in the forums..they are very racist...it seems since they are behind a computer hiding under an avatar they say things that would likely not say in real life... I have seen this on so many occasions.... same old thing...nothing really has changed.

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I know how important some of these things are to supporting the foundations on which you have built your ideological houses.. but you might want to read these things before you attach your name and reputation to them..

asking 1071 people a bunch of biased and leading questions then publishing the results does not count as research.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Is this really a "newsflash" for anyone??

If anything, since a Black man became President, more racists have just "come outta the closet," is all.

I have friends who've told me that some of their long-time white acquaintances began to be ugly with them and draw away from them after Obama became Prez.----See, it was there all the time; but when Obama won, that rocked a lot of these white folx who thought that day would never come.....especially the older white people....Their whole world got turned upside-down. The status-quo had been shaken and corrupted! (lol)

See, it's okay for a few Blacks to get some top jobs, be educated in their institutions, etc...But, when a Black man obtains the highest office in the land, well, that's just going too far! ---- Dem n!gg3rs dun forgot their place! And them "n!gg3r-lovers" who helped put him in office in the first place MUST be dealt with!

5. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I must have missed something.
    When did it get better?

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Brother you didn't miss one single thing! That's the point. I simply posted what white folks in their polls came up with. Sadly there does exist somewhere within some of our people that ish has changed or gotten better. I ain't never had and never will have a white friend because that word in terms of them as a people does not exist in my vocabulary regardless of how much so called good they may do. It is IMPOSSIBLE for any white person no matter how so called good they may be to be non-racist. Why so? Because the racism is built in the language, in the religions, in the justice system and all else. So no matter how a white person may claim to NOT BE RACIST, they are lying simply on the basis that the racism is built in the very language that they speak every day....meaning that it has to impact everything else about them even if they themselves are not aware of it. And guess what the really sad part is? Because we speak the same ish that they do, many of us are racist against our own selves without knowing or understanding it.