Black Entertainment : Anyone seen

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Froggy1, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone ever read this comic called Static? My lil brother is the one who showed me the cartoon and we found out it was a comic too. I got the comic where the Bang Babies have to be rescued by Static from John Tower

2. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello

Froggy1,

I believe there is a thread about this very show that was started a few months ago if I'm not mistaken. I persoanlly havn't seen it because I don't believe it's ahown here in my area but have heard people talk about it.

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ok..

I believe this is the same comic you were talking about...here is the link

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25890&highlight=Static

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The cartoon is now shown in Syndication on Cartoon Network (it was cancelled last year).

The are two excellent websites to find out more information about the character:

http://www.dwaynemcduffie.com (this is the website of the brother who invented the character).

http://www.blacksuperhero.com (this is a website devoted to black comicbook characters).

5. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks but

Thanks but does anyone know how the last ish ends? And why'd the show get canceled

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

It can be seen in the afternoon or at night on the cartoon net. Check you local listing.

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    No young brother I don't (I never saw the last few episodes). I was quite surprised it was cancelled, because it had very high TV ratings (still does on Cartoon network). I highly recommend that you watch all episodes you can, and check out as much of the comic book that you can. Both were very good. On the website of the creator, he has Static and other comics for sale. You could also email him about your questions, he is very friendly!

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Static Shock is based on a comic book? Hmm. I haven't seen the comic book version, but I have seen the cartoon on the cartoon cable channels. It's excellent that kids, especially black kids, can see media where a black person is the hero. It's also commendable that a black mind is behind it, not some white corporate executive.

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    The show is based on a comic book, but one that was cancelled 8 years ago (it was created in 1993 and ended in 1997). The book was published by Milestone Comics, a black owned & operated comic book company, started by Dwayne McDuffie (yes he is a brother). In addition to Static, there were other excellent characters like Icon (a black superman) and Hardware. I had hoped that these characters would appear on the Static Shock cartoon, but they never did.