Black People : Anyone see the Measuring the Movement Forum?

CreativeGrl

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 13, 2009
Since someone posted a thread asking if our black leaders are doing enough, I thought I would bring up the Measuring the Movement Forum which was held at Al Sharpton's National Action Network Convention this past week.

The purpose was to not to just re-hash all of the issues in our community, but to actually set a measured set of goals as to what each panelist's organization planned to do to further the advancement of the Black agenda over the next 12 months, and to have 90 day progress reports updating the progress of each organization's agenda. Some of the panelists included:

Rev. Al Sharpton,
Ben Jealous, NAACP President
Marc Morial, National Urban League President
Dr. Charles Ogletree, Harvard Law School professor
Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Georgetown University Professor
Roland Martin
Tom Joyner
James Clyburn, House Majority Whip (D-SC)
Michael Nutter, Philadelphia Mayor
Chuck D, Public Enemy rapper/activist
Warren Ballentine, Syndicated radio host
Michael Blake, associate director, White House Office of Public Engagement & Deputy Associate Director of the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
LaKimba B. DeSadier, executive director, National Black Caucus of State Legislators
Dr. Elsie Scott, president & CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
Lezli Baskerville, president & CEO, National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education

I am curious as to who saw the whole thing and what their opinions of it were. Do you think it's just the same ole' same ole, or could it be the beginning of a true grass roots effort? I posted the first 2 links to it. If you want to see the rest it is currently posted on Utube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqDOoUsQru8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89opr-qMzUw&feature=related

Since someone posted a thread asking if our black leaders are doing enough, I thought I would bring up the Measuring the Movement Forum which was held at Al Sharpton's National Action Network Convention this past week.

The purpose was to not to just re-hash all of the issues in our community, but to actually set a measured set of goals as to what each panelist's organization planned to do to further the advancement of the Black agenda over the next 12 months, and to have 90 day progress reports updating the progress of each organization's agenda. Some of the panelists included:

Rev. Al Sharpton,
Roland Martin
Tom Joyner
Michael Blake, associate director, White House Office of Public Engagement & Deputy Associate Director of the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
LaKimba B. DeSadier, executive director, National Black Caucus of State Legislators
Lezli Baskerville, president & CEO, National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education

I am curious as to who saw the whole thing and what their opinions of it were. Do you think it's just the same ole' same ole, or could it be the beginning of a true grass roots effort? I posted the first 2 links to it. If you want to see the rest it is currently posted on Utube.

when looking at the list of names provided

if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, in today's world,
it could be a robot or something,

but if it looks lik a duck and walks like a duck and from the feather that fell that you could

examine and verify it to be without a shadow of a doubt,;

duck DNA .... then.......

look at the track record of those listed in the past 10 years and look at the condition in the Black community in the past 10 years, and how many grassroots folks are even aware of 3/4 of these folks or even have a human connection to them or what they actually do.

look at the track record of those listed in the past 10 years and look at the condition in the Black community in the past 10 years, and how many grassroots folks are even aware of 3/4 of these folks or even have a human connection to them or what they actually do.

The fact that there is little connection between the leaders and the general population... is that their fault for not reaching out, or is it our fault for not being aware of what the heck is going on and not being actively involved? I mean, even when some of these organizations do have "grassroots" type events, very few of us even bother to show up.

The fact that there is little connection between the leaders and the general population... is that their fault for not reaching out, or is it our fault for not being aware of what the heck is going on and not being actively involved? I mean, even when some of these organizations do have "grassroots" type events, very few of us even bother to show up.
going on with what are these organizations funded and leaders living well, for the commuity to serve them?

or for them to serve the community?

but as the previous question asks, what is the litmus test of them actually doing anything other then organizing to organize?
My response to the original question is that the "DNA" proof is that it is the same old same old

Rev. Al Sharpton,
Roland Martin
Tom Joyner

listen to the intro!

WWF SMACK DOWN?

mixed Martial arts Cage match?

And what in the world is Alan talking about the Black community got new problems?

Ain't a dog gone so and so did anything about the longtime problems that got worse during the 8 years of W

Now listen to what these ; "National" Organizations, say they are going to do?

for a population of 35 million?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back