Anyone Have any Ideas How This Could Have Been Prevented?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by river, Aug 29, 2006.

  1. river

    river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Messages:
    6,458
    Likes Received:
    1,282
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Author
    Location:
    Where the Niger meets the Nile
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    A nine year old boy in my town went up under his house to retrieve his dog. Unbeknownst to the boy or his mother the dog had been up under there chewing on electric wires. When the boy came out from under the house his mother knew something wasn't right but he assured her he was fine. Still mother wit told her she'd better take him to see the doctor. But mother wit failed to tell her he needed to stay dry. Naturally she made him take a shower before going to the doctor after crawling up under the house. That turned out to be a fatal move. The water activated the elctricity in the boy's body. He was electrocuted slowly. First he lost his vision. Then the same daay he died.

    Does anyone know what should be done when a person has come in contact with electricity? Is there a treatment to get the electricity out of their body or a length of time to wait for the electricity to leave by itself?
     
  2. Moorfius

    Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    25
    Occupation:
    Self Employed
    Location:
    Earth
    Ratings:
    +27
    What a story?!

    Electricity does not stay in the body after getting shocked. This is impossible...the hue-man body does not store outside electricity like a battery. The only energy (Electricity) stored inside the body is what it can generate itself from the Sun, food, water taken in and exercise or movement. When one walks across a carpet and generates static electricity it is released only when something else is touched or comes in contact with the stored (Static) energy that is not inside of the body but only in the clothing...if you are naked just out of the shower and still wet you will not store static electricity. Hope this helps.
     
  3. river

    river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Messages:
    6,458
    Likes Received:
    1,282
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Author
    Location:
    Where the Niger meets the Nile
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That's interesting, brotha Moorf.

    Now I am thinking maybe he activated the static electricity in his clothes when he picked them up with his wet hands or the static electricity in his hair was activated by the shower since water is a conduit of electricity.
     
  4. PoeticManifesta

    PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2005
    Messages:
    1,926
    Likes Received:
    47
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Local Insurance Agent
    Location:
    Virginia Beach,Va
    Ratings:
    +47
    IT IS INPOSSIBLE.
    THAT THEORY IS STILL BASED UPON THE BODY BEING ABLE TO STORE ELECTRONS, WHICH IT DOES BUT IF THE SHOCK ALONE AINT KILL HIM THEN IT WASNT ELECTRICITY THAT DID IT.
    WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED HOWEVER IS THAT THE SHOCK COULD HAVE ALTERED THE BOYS HEARTBEAT, AND SENT HIS HEART IN TO A VENTRICULAR fibrillation,
    WHICH IS MUCH LIKE SHOCKIN A HEART THAT WAS NOT HAVING A HEART ATTACK.. IT SENDS THE HEART INTO SPASAMS.. THAT ARE OUT OF CONTROL...
    AND HE MORE THAN LIKELY NEEDED TO BE DEFIBRILLATED.
    I OFTEN DEAL WITH CASES SUCH AS THESE WITH YOUNG CHILDREN, AND ELECTRICITY SINCE IM A VOLUNTEER PARAMEDIC.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock
    iN ADDITIION RIVER.. ID BET THAT BOY CAME INTO CONTACT WITH MORE THAN THAT UNDER THAT HOUSE..
    SOUNDS MORE OR LESS LIKE HE COULD HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY A SNAKE...(HENSE THE BLINDNESS SINCE ITS NOT A SYMPTON OF SHOCK)...
    OR COME INTO CONTACT WITH CHEMICALS THAT HAVE LEAKED UNDER THE HOUSE.. AND NEEDED TO BE DECONTAMINATED.

    I WOULDNT BUY THE SHOCK STORY.. CAUSE HE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BEEN TOUCHING THE DOG AS IT WAS CHEWING ON THE WIRES..
    TO GET SHOCKED.. AND THATS HARD SINCE.. EVEN A DOG.. KNOWS ONCE THEYVE BEEN SHOCKED.. NOT TO DO THE SAME THING A
     
  5. river

    river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Messages:
    6,458
    Likes Received:
    1,282
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Author
    Location:
    Where the Niger meets the Nile
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Thanks Poetic,

    How you doing sista?
     
Loading...